The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Off Balance Changes Are Horrid

nublife01
nublife01
✭✭✭✭
I don't think ZOS realizes how much they just massively nerfed stamblades (an already underpowered class) with the 17 second cool down set on off balance made so that dizzy swing spammers have an easier time at the game. You nerfed our class again more than any other class and this has persisted for years/several patches. Now after destroying our ultimate which nobody in their right mind uses anymore, you put a 17 second cooldown on the main knockdown we use (tactician) as you have rid our class of one. I honestly find it to be kind of messed up. Please revert the change to off balance and do not give dizzy swing spammers the easy stun they most certainly do not deserve.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please realize this nerf to off balance hits nightblades harder than any other class in the game before following through with it.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't believe but dizzy spammers are not fond of this changes as well... it is highly unlikely that skilled opponent will die in first 7 seconds if this is "honest" 1v1.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one change is a significant hit to my stamden's overall dps because of the stacking dot from cutting dive.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stamden and MagDK: Allow us to introduce ourselves.
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you one thing, a lot of us who use dizzy likes how it is now, it's a much better combo opener which is how dizzy swing is used most effectively. We don't want this change, this is another weird change that no one have asked for or even thought was a problem.

Don't try to put blame on us because we apparently want "an easy stun".
    Edited by Freakin_Hytte on January 27, 2020 1:39AM
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this was to nerf high end PVE dps just saying but this really hurts any magdks who uses flame lash
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• xStaticx
    xStaticx
    ✭✭✭
    PVE has had an Off Balance cooldown for the past two years back when Dragon Bones DLC released. Then combat lead, Eric Wrobel, wanted to make Off Balance "more useful to everyone" by adding double resources returned on Off Balanced targets with fully charged heavy attacks. But he also added the OB cooldown so it won't be to OP in PVE. Problem being this is impossible to reliably track, at least on console, with 30+ icons over the target.

Personally, I would like to go back to how Off Balance used to be before this change. No cooldown, no double resource back on heavies and with a 4 sec duration. PVE and PVP.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    no more so than the overall changes to off balance that sorcs received 2yrs ago
  • D3N7157
    D3N7157
    ✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    I don't think ZOS realizes how much they just massively nerfed stamblades (an already underpowered class) with the 17 second cool down set on off balance made so that dizzy swing spammers have an easier time at the game. You nerfed our class again more than any other class and this has persisted for years/several patches. Now after destroying our ultimate which nobody in their right mind uses anymore, you put a 17 second cooldown on the main knockdown we use (tactician) as you have rid our class of one. I honestly find it to be kind of messed up. Please revert the change to off balance and do not give dizzy swing spammers the easy stun they most certainly do not deserve.

nobody gives a damn about stamblades anymore boomer get over it
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think this is a buff to dizzy ? It pretty much kills the skill lol.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are trying to balance dizzying swing meta with this.
  • Stibbons
    Stibbons
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to say this is welcome change.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I do like the fact this is an effort stop a one skill spamming style that is dizzy swing, however for the first 7 seconds it just promotes it :lol:

On the PTS two dizzy's will stun taking away the skill currently required to get the best out of it and then its wasted bar space for the next 15 seconds...
    Not to mention I think they have accidentally killed flame lash and birds without fully understanding the knock on effect to their utility.

I fought someone in a BG a week or so a go and the only skill he did was dizzy(I'm not exaggerating) :lol: even when he was down to execute range he didn't swap bars, didn't heal, didn't block or rebuff... he just dizzied harder :lol:

That is obviously an extreme case, but it need to stay the same or be reworked differently, not in a passive way that effect's other classes and skills that are not over used/over performing.
  • Avandi
    Avandi
    ✭✭✭
    what ability shall for instance stamsorcs spam or make use of? xD ... nerfed dots like rapid strikes or powerslam? xD
    Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzygA3MSc_zFXzzWt3_twtQ
    Avandi Sinai - Stamina Templar - DC
    Avandi Sanai - Stamina Templar - EP
    Avandi Æraki - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Avandi Dro'kir - Magicka Warden - EP
    C H I M - The United Brotherhood
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it very confusing when people complain about dizzy being spammed. Stamsorc has nothing else and no extra skills to combo with it like other classes do.

• relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    I find it very confusing when people complain about dizzy being spammed. Stamsorc has nothing else and no extra skills to combo with it like other classes do.

I have no problem with people spamming dizzy... Stam sorc's especially need a spammable at the very least other viable spammables within weapon skills. I also don't and can't see stam dks running stone giant...

The issue is as well is that onslaught it is too powerful to not run and rally is good too. So though dual wield isn't too bad the skills in 2H are essential and your getting the most utility out of the skills within the 2H skill line.

This is why i think dizzy is such a sore subject for a lot of people, there is simple too much riding on its performance.

My previous post was an anecdote of one of the extreme cases of dizzy spamming i have witnessed. I would like them not to change it from it's live iteration. As to land the stun you need some skill and thought to your combo.

My main point on my previous post was that ZOS shouldn't change off balance too reduce the use of one skill.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stamden, stamDK, stamcro are in same boat. As long as shimmering shield exists in the game any projectile spammable (i.e. fist, bird, skull) are not viable for melee build.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I have no problem with people spamming dizzy... Stam sorc's especially need a spammable at the very least other viable spammables within weapon skills. I also don't and can't see stam dks running stone giant...

The issue is as well is that onslaught it is too powerful to not run and rally is good too. So though dual wield isn't too bad the skills in 2H are essential and your getting the most utility out of the skills within the 2H skill line.

This is why i think dizzy is such a sore subject for a lot of people, there is simple too much riding on its performance.

My previous post was an anecdote of one of the extreme cases of dizzy spamming i have witnessed. I would like them not to change it from it's live iteration. As to land the stun you need some skill and thought to your combo.

My main point on my previous post was that ZOS shouldn't change off balance too reduce the use of one skill.

Onslaught is too strong, I agree, but that's really where the 2H discussion should end, IMO. Rather than nerfing 2H down to DW/SnB's level, maybe buff DW/SnB so they can actually compare?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

Onslaught is too strong, I agree, but that's really where the 2H discussion should end, IMO. Rather than nerfing 2H down to DW/SnB's level, maybe buff DW/SnB so they can actually compare?

Sorry, maybe I wasn't clear... I completely agree I think they need to buff all weapon skill lines so they offer the same damage and utility of 2H. My point is I would say 80%+ of stam classes are running 2H, this is normally coupled with S&B or bow... I want more options certainly no nerfs...

I actually feel general balance is in a good place, I would happily continue playing the next 3 months the way they are... but if we are going to strive for balance we just need small buffs to improve a few classes and skill lines.
  • Miloscpolski
    Miloscpolski
    ✭✭✭

Magdks will suffer as much as possible compared to some stam nb
  • Ramber
    Ramber
    ✭✭✭✭

Stop disappearing when you take damage so you can reload up all your resources then you can whine about a nerf.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    D3N7157 wrote: »

nobody gives a damn about stamblades anymore boomer get over it

LOL :') T_T
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off-balance is awful. Either revert it or reduce the cool down. Also revert dizzy swing to how it is on live.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please realize this nerf to off balance hits nightblades harder than any other class in the game before following through with it.

Mag DK would like to have a word with you
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

fossilize. leap ulti.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m just going to end up taking a very long break I can’t take anymore nerfs to my stamblade off balance is a very important tool for securing kills fear isn’t reliable 😡
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’m just going to end up taking a very long break I can’t take anymore nerfs to my stamblade off balance is a very important tool for securing kills fear isn’t reliable 😡

this. like its literally every patch they unnecessarily cripple stamblade further by a gross margin while i see other classes with abilities so much more broken/stronger than stamblade has ever had.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »

fossilize. leap ulti.

Irrelevant. Neither includes off balance.
  • usmguy1234
    usmguy1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Us dizzy "spammers" don't want this [snip] either. The way dizzy plays currently on live is really balanced. It takes skill to land/cc and is counterable by anyone with half a brain. Now with the changes, you won't be able to cc on cooldown with dizzy anymore meaning you'll have to slot another cc to kill anyone with half a brain thus forcing stamina specs to sacrifice even more survibility, defense or utility. All, this said and brainless harmony bombs run rampant in pvp.

[edited for profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on January 31, 2020 2:47PM
    Zaghigoth- Orc Stamplar
    Soul Razor- Altmer Magsorc
    Les Drago- Redguard Stamdk
    Eirius- Altmer Magdk
    Stormifeth- Altmer Magplar

Disclaimer: My comments are a little sarcasm mixed with truth. If you can't handle that don't respond to me.

• Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Avandi wrote: »
    what ability shall for instance stamsorcs spam or make use of? xD ... nerfed dots like rapid strikes or powerslam? xD

Puncture... oh no it was nerfed
    Lower slash... nerfed too
    rebeverat... oh ***
    draining shot?
    flur... hmmm
    steelnado?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies