The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Off Balance Change -> Wrecking Blow Buff?

Casterial
Casterial
✭✭✭✭✭
Since you theoretically can only stun once every 15 seconds with dizzy now.... Can we buff Wrecking Blow to give 25% damage on the next attack like in the past?

Off balance immunity: 15 seconds
Stun Immunity: 5 seconds

Dizzy -> dizzy -> Stun
5 seconds of stun immunity granted
15 seconds of off balance immunity granted

-> Dizzy can now only stun 1 time every 15 seconds as opposed to the 3 times every 15 seconds like it has on live.

I rarely use it for the stun, but Wrecking Blow is 100% crap, maybe consider buffing this while shredding another?
Edited by Casterial on January 27, 2020 6:23PM
Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
The Order of Magnus
Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
For the Daggerfall Covenant
The Last Chillrend Empress
Animation Cancelling
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maybe remove off balance from dizzy all together and just make it that landing two dizzys now does the old dizzy stun?

let off balance be its own thing which zos seems to want to do.
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mursie wrote: »

Or maybe do what players want once in a while and just revert that stupid change.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »

Or maybe do what players want once in a while and just revert that stupid change.

ZOS I believe has never reverted or admitted a mistake
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

And that's because they're either too dumb to understand it or too full of themselves to care. Can't say which is worse.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Cast times on shields and the 22m Shade are two I can think of. It does happen but yes not so much.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It does happen, but it pretty much only happens when the community causes Zenimax to OD on salt.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Cast times on shields and the 22m Shade are two I can think of. It does happen but yes not so much.
    jcm2606 wrote: »

It does happen, but it pretty much only happens when the community causes Zenimax to OD on salt.

Lets all make a prayer circle!!!
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should be making a whining circle. That's what worked for sorcs and NBs in the past...
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

You should be making a whining circle. That's what worked for sorcs and NBs in the past...

Lol clearly not.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After running a dizzy stamsorc for nearly 5 years now, in my opinion the current live dizzy is maybe the strongest overall.
    Current live version

pros:
    -It is brain dead easy to land
    -It works in server lag situations better than before with a longer cast
    -The stun can be used when you want(someone cant predict when you will release your medium/heavy or light weave instead)
    -Off balance ties into other combos and you get insane sustain.
    -The off balance stun is by far more powerful than the knockback in my eyes, (mostly since it is buggy and players end up sliding on the ground or take longer to recognize the animation, sort of like how fear animation is hard to recognize)

Cons:
    -The tooltip damage has suffered, but you can pretty much do two sometimes three in the time that it took to land one of the longer cast timed dizzies (factoring in misses,countered, and lag situations)
    -feels lack luster for burst and on the stun
    Older versions

Pros:
    -The knockback let you control your opponents movements ( off ledges, away from doors, into aoe, etc)
    -The single hit damage was more
    -Provided a satisfying burst feeling that was synced with a knockback and audio effect

Cons:
    -longer cast time 1.2-1.5 sec
    -Near impossible to hit in lag (shouldnt be an excuse to change abilities, the game should be fixed)
    -Easily detected and countered (the enemy only has to think of one counterplay path and know what to do next)
    -Exponentially harder on controller with faster moving targets
    Again it is my opinion, but i would rather the older style of dizzy swing. It was its own kind of ability, but now it is pretty much being reduced to a spammable. I wouldn't doubt it if eventually the cast is taken off and it works just like surprise attack.

If anything maybe wrecking blow should get the off balance since it already plays into the light attack empower morph. This way dizzy fulfills that hard hitting playstyle and wrecking can fulfill the more spammable morph. This makes the player have the opportunity to build both of these options and have a strategic playstyle. Having the offbalance means they can do heavy rotations with a stun and get boosted power for an ult. The empower offers quick burn spammable like damage. If used properly this would make the simple uppercut spammer we see currently into a more advanced playstyle. Have decent burn potential and then start chunking into a stun into an ult.

Reverting dizzy to the days of old will just offer a harder skill shot, that is rewarding when used by a player to pick apart the enemy group.
    As i see it on the forums there are major conflicting views when it comes to buffing or nerfing dizzy. Where usually people complain that the damage extremely lacks from what it used to be, but they dont see that it does more dps than it used to overall (which was the devs intent, make it conform closer to spammables). Older players still see it as a hard hitting skillshot cast ability, but that is not what it is anymore because now it is a spammable. When it comes to identity, i feel dizzy is just slowly losing that really hard hitting ability stam users used to love for a dumbed down version.
    TLDR: Older dizzy was more fun, but newer dizzy as dumbed down but it is works better
    Edited by MincVinyl on January 28, 2020 2:53AM
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    Since you theoretically can only stun once every 15 seconds with dizzy now.... Can we buff Wrecking Blow to give 25% damage on the next attack like in the past?

Dizzy -> dizzy -> Stun

-> Dizzy can now only stun 1 time every 15 seconds as opposed to the 3 times every 15 seconds like it has on live.

I rarely use it for the stun, but Wrecking Blow is 100% crap, maybe consider buffing this while shredding another?

I recommend back in wrathstone i believe to add minor fracture to it or major, considering snipe now has the minor defile and fracture to it i think a morph of uppercut is due an update
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »

Dizzy -> dizzy -> Stun

I recommend back in wrathstone i believe to add minor fracture to it or major, considering snipe now has the minor defile and fracture to it i think a morph of uppercut is due an update

Agreed, Wrecking Blow use rate is probably like 5%
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »

No matter the thread, a NB always crawls in and cries.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MincVinyl

Imo the most powerful dizzy was last patch. It hit very hard and the knockback animation meant people could never break free in time to counter the follow up damage. Also it just hitting so hard while also knocking back on cooldown made it have huge pressure. I have never had an easier patch with dmg as stamsorc, dueling felt so easy against pretty much any class.

Current live version is great though I agree. It's not as powerful but it is better and actually requires skill now. Needing to time a medium weave into your combo for the cc makes it a more fun and healthier skill overall I think. I'm just sad the damage was nerfed too, because it does hit quite weak now even on my full damage setup.
  • MincVinyl
    MincVinyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Crixus8000

Yeah having the knockback and the short cast was definitely really strong, since with the knockback you force the person to have to break free and block since they can't roll in the air.

What I don't like about the new stun is that you lose damage doing a medium attack, compared to either a light or heavy

How janky the new stun is also crazy strong Imo, defenders have no idea when to expect it compared to the knockback on old dizzy. Like I was saying before, the animation is also not so visually catching. For example, it is harder to break free if you cant tell if your character may be moving to roll to the floor or you got caught by the attacker's medium/heavy into your roll.
    (especially since roll immunity isn't synced to the animation *cough cough*). I have also seen players stuck sliding on the ground after breaking free.
    Edited by MincVinyl on January 29, 2020 3:22AM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed, Wrecking Blow use rate is probably like 5%

*in pvp.

It is a very good spammable in PvE.
    Don't ever touch it, it's in a very good spot.
    Edited by Elwendryll on January 29, 2020 6:11AM
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH