The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Please change the daily bonus to accrue even if we forget to collect it!

FlopsyPrince
FlopsyPrince
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Tera has this much better in hand. You can get all daily bonuses there as long as you logged in for the day, even if you forgot to grab them each day.

Fortunately I have not lost anything vital, but I missed a couple of days on NA this month because I forgot about that part and ignored the notice because I got tired of acknowledging the same guild message several times.
PC
PS4/PS5
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you already know ZOS’s answer to this question, @FlopsyPrince ... ZOS doesn’t want players passively getting rewards without logging in.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    The whole point of daily rewards is to entice players to log in every day. It will never change.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folks need to carefully read the OP.

The OP is not saying "I want daily rewards without logging in"

They are saying "I want the daily rewards for all the days I logged in for even if I forgot to claim it that day."
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Details are important.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People get mad at OP saying daily login is for logging in. True. But what about when we lose days when the server breaks?
    PvP needs more love.
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, the word accrue in the title is probably what is confusing others as to what OP is asking for. To accrue something usually means to accumulate over time. I agree though that I think they mean if they log on, you should just get the current reward for the day you are entitled to, basically 'auto-collect' it.
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    I feel for the OP. I've had a couple days where I played for 5-6 hours and simply forgot to collect my reward. I didn't realize it until the notification for the next day's reward popped up as I was playing (the rollover occurs at 7pm EST where I am). It's frustrating to know that someone else logged in for one minute and got the reward while others played for hours and didn't get it. Yes, I know, that is on us. But I like the OP's idea if it's feasible - if you login you have a grace period to collect it.
  • Isskander
    Isskander
    ✭✭
    Auto-popup screen when logging in solving this problem for most of people .. but a bigger issue commes out if you want to pickup something on diffrent char that you logged (ex alliance points for lazy skill rise ^^ ) and you have time to go only with guild to trial that is taking too long or no bag space or other simmilar stories ..

Anyway good point to add "able to colect" for this rewards ... so +
    Should be reconsidered by ZOS
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

They are saying "I want the daily rewards for all the days I logged in for even if I forgot to claim it that day."

This problem is solved by binding a high-priority keyboard key to the rewards claim in the control settings ... such as your attack or inventory key.

It’s not the devs fault when players already have the tools to not forget claiming their rewards.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 24, 2020 9:32PM
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭

This problem is solved by binding a high-priority keyboard key to the rewards claim in the control settings ... such as your attack or inventory key.

OP's signature states PS4. I am also PS4, how exactly do we bind to our keyboards?
  • thermatico
    thermatico
    ✭✭✭✭
    That kinda defeats the purpose... lmao
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isskander wrote: »
    Auto-popup screen when logging in solving this problem for most of people .. but a bigger issue commes out if you want to pickup something on diffrent char that you logged (ex alliance points for lazy skill rise ^^ ) and you have time to go only with guild to trial that is taking too long or no bag space or other simmilar stories ..

But which character would be credited with the reward in those circumstances? What if you only had a single character and that character's inventory was full?

It's an unnecessary and cumbersome piece of additional coding that would divert developers' attention from other things. Sometimes people have to take a modicum of responsibility for their own mistakes or forgetfulness. You can't miss the prompt when you log in, and if you cancel it with a view to logging in another character to claim the reward then the onus is on you to do just that.

Besides which, allowance is made in the reward system for the odd absence/mistake/forgetfulness.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daily gimmicks are just skinner boxes. It’s just a shame they work so well on the majority of people
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

OP's signature states PS4. I am also PS4, how exactly do we bind to our keyboards?

Come to the PC side.
    Or was that a rhetorical question?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    The whole point of daily rewards is to entice players to log in every day. It will never change.

Pretty much this. Yea, we all would like more for doing less. We often feel entitled to that..The idea, based on it's design and stated intent as a daily log in rewards seems to put into perspective why the current design is what it is.

As such I do not expect Zos to change that. Just saying what I expect and that maybe the comparison to what what happens in Tera does not so relevant
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can you forget to get them? Every time you zone, that window pops up reminding you that the reward is ready for pick up.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. Amazing how many couldn't even grok that.
    Well, the word accrue in the title is probably what is confusing others as to what OP is asking for. To accrue something usually means to accumulate over time. I agree though that I think they mean if they log on, you should just get the current reward for the day you are entitled to, basically 'auto-collect' it.

I meant that they would be collectible as long as we played on that server in the indicated time. Not that we would get them no matter what. I did log in and they got their goal. I just forgot to grab it and therefore lost it for no valid reason.
    Tandor wrote: »

But which character would be credited with the reward in those circumstances? What if you only had a single character and that character's inventory was full?

It's an unnecessary and cumbersome piece of additional coding that would divert developers' attention from other things. Sometimes people have to take a modicum of responsibility for their own mistakes or forgetfulness. You can't miss the prompt when you log in, and if you cancel it with a view to logging in another character to claim the reward then the onus is on you to do just that.

Besides which, allowance is made in the reward system for the odd absence/mistake/forgetfulness.

Just make them available on the retrieve screen. You don't have to put them anyplace. That is exactly how Tera worked when I was playing it actively.
    idk wrote: »
    Langdon64 wrote: »

Pretty much this. Yea, we all would like more for doing less. We often feel entitled to that..The idea, based on it's design and stated intent as a daily log in rewards seems to put into perspective why the current design is what it is.

As such I do not expect Zos to change that. Just saying what I expect and that maybe the comparison to what what happens in Tera does not so relevant

How am I doing less? I logged in, played, just ignored the reminder because I am fed up with seeing the same guild message across characters. I did the desired action, playing daily. I just forgot to nab it.
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    How can you forget to get them? Every time you zone, that window pops up reminding you that the reward is ready for pick up.

Along with the same guild message I just saw, so I often ignore it.

You likely don't play any alts.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ignoring it is on you.

Edited by Ackwalan on January 25, 2020 12:13AM
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

The prompt is intrusive and conditions players to dismiss it asap.

If it only showed up when there is a claimable reward, it would be one thing, but it show up every time you log in/change character. If you claimed your reward, it will show you the next reward instead of just shutting up and disappearing.

And yes, I have also missed two rewards this month, even though I logged on every day so far. But I like to grab the rewards on the character that is going to keep it so save myself inventory/bank management. So here we are.
    The Moot Councillor
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you log in, you should receive the daily login reward automatically. Or at least have an option to make it automatic. The whole manually accepting the rewards thing is totally bogus.
    But... then people would complain about receiving the rewards automatically on the first character they logged in to that day, and get all bent out of shape about inventory/bank management. Blah blah blah. Can't make everyone happy.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because I don't open that menu item a lot of the time. 90% of the time it is the same guild message I have already ready 10 times.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Ignoring it is on you.

It is now, because the game is poorly designed in this area.
    Amber322 wrote: »
    If you log in, you should receive the daily login reward automatically. Or at least have an option to make it automatic. The whole manually accepting the rewards thing is totally bogus.
    But... then people would complain about receiving the rewards automatically on the first character they logged in to that day, and get all bent out of shape about inventory/bank management. Blah blah blah. Can't make everyone happy.

Too bad in that case. It may be some extra work, but they got the stuff. Put it in a mail if you want. I would lose it if I don't clear my mail out enough (which can happen with things that failed to sell) but that is much better than needing to go into a menu I avoid because it is mostly useless.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    I am sorry, but if you can't do something as straight forward as logging in and hitting a button I have to say you really do not deserve them. There is even a window that pops up when you log in telling you that it is there.
    Closing the "obtrusive" notification window without claiming is a choice.
    Edited by Unseelie on January 26, 2020 8:22PM
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Unseelie wrote: »
    I am sorry, but if you can't do something as straight forward as logging in and hitting a button I have to say you really do not deserve them. There is even a window that pops up when you log in telling you that it is there.

You may not play the game much. It is far more than "hitting a button". I have to navigate into the announcements and select the "daily reward" announcement.

The process is not hard though, it is the fact that mostly finding the same guild message there when I check has trained me to not bother looking there.

That is a failure in game design. Though it would be solved by keeping the things I would have unlocked available as long as I was in the game on one of my characters during the right time frame. Then I could easily pick up any I missed at the same time.

I do expect I would lose any "extras" when the month flipped, but I could live with that since it would be much better than as it is now.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unseelie wrote: »

You may not play the game much. It is far more than "hitting a button". I have to navigate into the announcements and select the "daily reward" announcement.

The process is not hard though, it is the fact that mostly finding the same guild message there when I check has trained me to not bother looking there.

That is a failure in game design. Though it would be solved by keeping the things I would have unlocked available as long as I was in the game on one of my characters during the right time frame. Then I could easily pick up any I missed at the same time.

I do expect I would lose any "extras" when the month flipped, but I could live with that since it would be much better than as it is now.

I may be wrong but until you claim it, can't you open up the reward tab and claim it anytime with that day? You do not have to claim it as soon as you log in. Or I may be misreading.
  • iiYuki
    iiYuki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When you log in though a big banner pops up literally saying daily reward ready. How can you forget to collect it...
    "Play how you want... unless its not how we intended you to play in which case we'll nerf it".
    - ZO$

- The ZO$ Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmUJWP_ebsQ
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have an add-on disabling the Announcements pop-up? It appears automatically on first login every day.

If you happen to close that without taking it, it pings a Notification immediately which doesn't go away until you claim it.
    Edited by Enodoc on January 26, 2020 8:49PM
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Then just dont ignore the notifications window.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On PC, as soon as the first character pops up in the game - the screen is filled with the Daily login option to accept the daily loot. You have to close it just to play.

Does this screen Not show up when you log in on PS4 or Xbox ?

:#
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Am I crazy or is this already how it works. I never have to go to login rewards page, but I also don't care that much. I was under the impression that the first character I log in to on a new day, gets the item of that day.

I do sometimes check the daily rewards calender, is that when you're considered logged in to get the items? Am I considered logged in for that day, but didn't get the items? I seem to have gotten them without directly pressing them in the calender, so what am I missing?

I play on PC NA, I do get the popup everyone is suggesting. I don't really pay attention to it, but I have about 15/26 right now, which is accurate to how often I've logged in and I don't think I've checked the proper menu for it 15 times this month. Tops... 7 times?
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit