Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Slaughterfish in Cyrodiil.... Give me a break. This is /facepalm worthy.

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Never! The slaughterfish is one of the most reliable ways to enable Suicidal Teleportation, the best travel skill in Cyrodiil.

Or they could come up with an intelligent practical budget friendly travel option.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Ingenon on January 25, 2020 5:05AM
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Slaughterfish have to eat also. Don't hate, appreciate.

Slaughterfishs life matter <3
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dahveed wrote: »
    /snips

There is a place down between AD/EP where you can die to slaughterfish standing 100% on dirt.

Honestly, though slaughterfish are an old elder scrolls troll thing. They suck... because they are supposed to suck.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The slaughterfish are empowered by nerf threads and probably someone at ZoS thinks it is funny.

It did help with a certain lizard named Likes-To-Swim-With-Scrolls >_>
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on January 24, 2020 7:03PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't in the water. I was picking a Nirnroot plant, and my left pinky toe was touching a pebble that had gathering dew from the mists that came from the water, then my head just exploded from 50,000 damage.

It's dumb. Very dumb.

I know it's just a video game with pixels and dragons and fireballs shooting out of elven wizards' bumholes, but for god's sake can we not at least have some sort of minimal consistency with physics and reality.

People don't spontaneously die because their left foot touched water.

It was my right foot that got it last night as I was fishing. Stopped, cast my line and like you before I could put my glass down I was being asked where I wanted to resurrect. I see no reason it shouldn't be like other areas and at least let you wade along the edge.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happened to me once in real life while vacationing in the Amazon, damn Pirana's, after that the natives always called me Mr. Nine Toes.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see it now....

Next Cyrodiil update is going to include roaming swarms of flying slaughterfish
    megapiranha3.gif
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my elf spent a fair amount of time getting to a skyshard this morning. Turns out it is on a boat tied to a dock. Her hop to the boat was just a little bit off. . . you know where this is going. ;)
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stay alert, stay alive
  • Salvas_Aren
    Salvas_Aren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah this is just a rage post, nothing will come of it idc I need to vent.

I was just casually exploring around Cyrodiil doing basically nothing, just killing time exploring.

So my character sees some Nirnroot by the lake. I go and grab it, and IRL I reach over and grab my hot tea.

As my character picks the Nirnroot, he starts losing HP fast and before I can even finish my sip of tea and say "WTF?" I am dead, because my effing LEFT FOOT was in the water and I got ate by slaughterfish.

I mean I know we aren't allowed to go into the lake, but really? This is just absolute mind-boggling levels of stupid.

Please change this so that it isn't utterly moronic bullcrap.

/end rant

Once i got eaten by slaughterfish in water shallow enough to ride in it. :s
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slaughterfish... I mean, it's right there in the name. Haha. OP, it's happened to all of us.
  • Jayman1000
    Jayman1000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now you know why they called slaughterfish. They are not to be trifled with. You mess with water you get slaughter.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bucky_13 wrote: »
    Never! The slaughterfish is one of the most reliable ways to enable Suicidal Teleportation, the best travel skill in Cyrodiil.

Yep. I used them to get back to home gates when I was fishing in Cyro and was way to hellangone from where I belonged....
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh this happened to me as well when I was doing a side quest to gather ten of this item that grows around the Lake shore. There's a spot where all water right up to shore is a Slaughterfish area and when I went up to gather I stepped in a puddle and died during the gather animation. ZOS really went all out to make sure no one can cheese their way onto the Imperial island.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Stebarnz
    Stebarnz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was out exploring and took a slaughterfish to the pinkie toe!
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stebarnz wrote: »
    I was out exploring and took a slaughterfish to the pinkie toe!

I think you win the ESO intarwebs!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO PvP is so bad and feels fake because of stuff like this. I want all of Cyrodil to be pve and remade. Currently my response time of buttons is about 5 seconds lol. I don't even see how people managed to play such bad stuff since launch if I can't stand it for 2 seconds.
  • Sennecca
    Sennecca
    ✭✭✭
    Slaughterfish in Cyrodil just have different alliance war skill passives.

Reach rank 2: Increases the range of long-range abilities by 5 meters while someone is near the water.

Combat Frenzy: Grants an additional 20 harvest nodes you may place near the water edge.

• InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao, first experience in cyro, I run into a bunch of meanies while solo-exploring, and jump in a lake or something to get away from them... That didn't go too well, they must have laughed their sittingdevices off!
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes.

The slaughterfish in Cyrodiil are not to be trifled with.

Especially after ZOS buffed them to prevent scroll trolls from swimming half-way into the lake with a scroll so nobody could pick it up.

That is why we can't have nice friendly slaughterfish.
    The Moot Councillor
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take the L and move on. What could have been a funny story instead you are legit salty about.
    Take some deep breaths and walk it off.
  • furiouslog
    furiouslog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    munchkinxx wrote: »
    Ever throw Volendrung in the water...? It's a bit funny then.

On that note, if you have successfully killed the player and accompanying zerg holding the hammer to retrieve it, you've earned the right to throw it in the lake.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So my elf spent a fair amount of time getting to a skyshard this morning. Turns out it is on a boat tied to a dock. Her hop to the boat was just a little bit off. . . you know where this is going. ;)
    Happened to me as well (before I found out that you can reach the skyshard from the pier) xD.

PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Ah yes.

Especially after ZOS buffed them to prevent scroll trolls from swimming half-way into the lake with a scroll so nobody could pick it up.

Clowns still do that.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    Ah yes.

I would think if someone were to run and jump they could still get far enough out that other players would not be able to retrieve the scroll so it really doesn't fix the problem.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    watched a video where one guy was being chased by about 10 reds. He jumped down on rocks next to some water and kept jumping around, trying to prevent them from targeting him. When they leaped after him, they didn't pay that much attention to the rocks, and kept falling off into the water and dying. Every time he tried to escape more, would come, so he hopped back to his ledge, they came after him and fell in the water and died.

It was hilarious

Seems like some NPC ( first time sent to IC maybe ? ) gave my character a warning about the slaughterfish in the area.

:#
    Edited by barney2525 on January 26, 2020 10:26PM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »
    watched a video where one guy was being chased by about 10 reds. He jumped down on rocks next to some water and kept jumping around, trying to prevent them from targeting him. When they leaped after him, they didn't pay that much attention to the rocks, and kept falling off into the water and dying. Every time he tried to escape more, would come, so he hopped back to his ledge, they came after him and fell in the water and died.

It was hilarious

Seems like some NPC ( first time sent to IC maybe ? ) gave my character a warning about the slaughterfish in the area.

:#

Some players learned how to consistently jump the gap across the river under Alessia bridge before it was widened, and would use the slaughterfish to help kill the less-experienced players that would try to follow them and fall in the water. It was pretty funny and sad at the same time.
  • Recent
    Recent
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got slaughter fish in my house but i can't pvp in my house? Wt? Zos you gotta fix this so i can kill any intruders that dont get eaten by the slaughter fish in my house.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Nova Sky
    Nova Sky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, just wait until the overland supercrocs are added in an upcoming ESO build!
    "Wheresoever you go, go with all of your heart."