Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Midyear Mayhem planning complaint

Sandman929
Sandman929
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's nice that we actually got Midyear Mayhem, I hope it lasts the full 2 weeks. It's a little annoying that the PvP event comes with only 24 hours notice though, I would have saved more AP in preparation for the Golden vendor. Couldn't we get a little notice before the only PvP event in the game?
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    imagine it got canceled last year and we knew about it ever since that will come around January.
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Would be nice as well to see more than just an Emote in the rewards, but all in all Im having fun with just the bonus AP, at almost 1 mill would be over if I hadnt spent some of it..... Just need reds to get Vlast on xbox NA now haha
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imagine it got canceled last year and we knew about it ever since that will come around January.

Last we heard it wasn't going to happen until the servers could handle it. Seems like it came anyway even with the servers as they are.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Notice, is not something ZOS wants
    as it would enable players to choose and plan ahead, not log on every day to see what is going on

At least I assume this is the cunning plan, not just pure...
    :wink:
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Last we heard it wasn't going to happen until the servers could handle it. Seems like it came anyway even with the servers as they are.

Im actually happy they did it granted logging in and DCs are nuts. Its been a nice breath of fresh air to see large battles again. now image what it would be like when the servers can handle it!
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucious90 wrote: »

Im actually happy they did it granted logging in and DCs are nuts. Its been a nice breath of fresh air to see large battles again. now image what it would be like when the servers can handle it!

That's the dream. I'm happy to have the event too, but give us a weekend's worth of notice at least. Build a little hype, at least pretend like it's a real event.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, while the official announcement came out the day before, we knew it was coming from the Crown Store Showcase and the hotfix notice on the 20th.
  • UtopianWarrior88
    UtopianWarrior88
    ✭✭✭
    I posted this elseweyr too and I agree. ZOS - work on timely communication.
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good job I'm sitting on millions on millions of AP
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Be thankful that you are able to log in and play, unlike me.

Something should have clicked in players heads when we received notice around Jan. 2 that there was going to be a undaunted and midyear pvp event coming soon.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

Something should have clicked in players heads when we received notice around Jan. 2 that there was going to be a undaunted and midyear pvp event coming soon.

Yup. We didn't have the exact date, but we did know it was coming "soon". If people intended on preparing in some way, they should have done it.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »

Cries with you. I hear you on this. I have school and OT at work this week and whole weekend ;-;

I wish Midyear Mayhem was before the undaunted festival, Cx.

To the OP you should be able to get plenty of AP from the event, so I wouldn’t worry.

I wish they would let us sell AP. I never know what to use mine for beyond the same pots, food, door decorators, or buying tradable jewelry to sell through my guild with a trader.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Living in my mom’s basement has its perks.
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They announced it was coming in January the same time around they announced the undaunted event .

This was from this months showcase as well: “The Star-Made Wolfshead costume will return to the Crown Store for a limited time on all platforms during the Midyear Mayhem event in January. ESO Plus members will receive a discount on this item.” was also multiple threads about the coming event, we just didn’t know the exact date.
    Edited by BaiterOfZergs on January 24, 2020 7:12PM
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    Living in my mom’s basement has its perks.

Could you name some of the amenities of your fine establishment @ChunkyCat ?
  • Chaos2088
    Chaos2088
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif
    @Chaos2088 PC EU Server | AD-PvP
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A gentleman never tells.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »
    A gentleman never tells.

ummmmm, okay *sends you catnip dumplings with Uber Eats*

Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on January 24, 2020 7:40PM
  • Na0cho
    Na0cho
    ✭✭✭
    So I wasn’t aware until I logged in yesterday, but to be fair I don’t really pay attention to these kinds of things until I see them on the pop up gump @log in. However, how does one “prepare” for this? You literally just que in and go. Even if all you have is pve setups you can still Zerg surf and get your ap.

Like I honestly can’t think of anything I’d need to do to prepare so I’m honestly wondering. Maybe I’m just dumb?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With a bit more advance notice, I might have planned things a bit differently for a couple of PvE raids, which I like to get the roster in advance so we don't spend time trying to recruit in our raid window. Once announced, I don't like just backing out on people. It's not a huge issue, but a bit more notice than 1 day might be nice.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Na0cho wrote: »
    So I wasn’t aware until I logged in yesterday, but to be fair I don’t really pay attention to these kinds of things until I see them on the pop up gump @log in. However, how does one “prepare” for this? You literally just que in and go. Even if all you have is pve setups you can still Zerg surf and get your ap.

Like I honestly can’t think of anything I’d need to do to prepare so I’m honestly wondering. Maybe I’m just dumb?
    It's nice that we actually got Midyear Mayhem, I hope it lasts the full 2 weeks. It's a little annoying that the PvP event comes with only 24 hours notice though, I would have saved more AP in preparation for the Golden vendor. Couldn't we get a little notice before the only PvP event in the game?

The Preparedness is for having a Stockpile of AP for the First weekend of Goldens offerings

Adhazabi Aba-daro (also known as “The Golden”)

Legendary Alliance War necklaces during the first weekend
    Legendary Alliance War rings during the second weekend
    Edited by xxthir13enxx on January 24, 2020 8:43PM
  • Kahnak
    Kahnak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like they did all but confirm that it was going to be at the end of January. You really have to not be paying attention to miss it.

Should they give a little more of an official heads up? Yeah, probably.

Was it a surprise? No, not to anyone who has been watching the forum or the announcements.
    Edited by Kahnak on January 24, 2020 9:31PM
    Tombstone Reads: "Forgot to get good"