Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Difficult to get WW bite from player

Eliahnus
Eliahnus
✭✭✭
PC/EU; it's difficult to get a werewolf bite at the shrine in Bangkorai, even if you offer payment.
And when you get there, there are already people waiting in line to get bitten (but nobody shows up).
I do not have enough time and patience to find a bloodfiend (which is still alive at that moment), so, 1500 crowns, here they come. Too bad it has come to this.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t think waiting at the shrine is the best way of getting bitten.

I would try

1. Asking in-game friends
    2. Asking guildies
    3. Asking in zone chat
    4. Asking any werewolves you might meet in the course of your gameplay (ie in dungeon groups)

Please don’t pay crowns for it. It will just encourage them.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

I would try

2. Asking guildies
    3. Asking in zone chat
    4. Asking any werewolves you might meet in the course of your gameplay (ie in dungeon groups)

Of course, I asked in game chat; I did say I offered payment, did I not.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can bite you later tonight if you still need it
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ask guild members if you are currently in one. Do not pay for it, just be patient.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one in your guild will do it?

If you aren’t in a guild I believe there is a dedicated werewolf or vampire biting guild in the guild section on this forum.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/209279/priests-of-hircine-werewolf-guild-6000-free-bites-given#latest
    Edited by max_only on January 24, 2020 10:59AM
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aren't you in any guilds yet? Asking in guild to friends/guild mates is the best option.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

If you aren’t in a guild I believe there is a dedicated werewolf or vampire biting guild in the guild section on this forum.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/209279/priests-of-hircine-werewolf-guild-6000-free-bites-given#latest

Only available for those who already have a werewolf character.
  • Eliahnus
    Eliahnus
    ✭✭✭

That's very kind of you. Tonight I'm not there, but I am Saturday in the afternoon, and Sunday evening.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eliahnus wrote: »

That's very kind of you. Tonight I'm not there, but I am Saturday in the afternoon, and Sunday evening.

Np. I always bite people for free, but I rarely visit Bangkorai.
    Feel free to pm me, then. :)
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PC/EU; it's difficult to get a werewolf bite at the shrine in Bangkorai, even if you offer payment.
    And when you get there, there are already people waiting in line to get bitten (but nobody shows up).
    I do not have enough time and patience to find a bloodfiend (which is still alive at that moment), so, 1500 crowns, here they come. Too bad it has come to this.

@Orack89
    Add me I've an alt WW I never played, can bite you if you still need.
    I'm on PC EU, will log in around 18-19h gmt+1
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have always been able to get free bites from other players. I recommend never paying for them, with crowns, or gold.
  • OlumoGarbag
    OlumoGarbag
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lul what is wrong with you? Who would come to shrine to bite the next person in line? How do you even remotely think thats how it works?
    class representative for the working class, non-cp, bwb and Trolling
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lul what is wrong with you? Who would come to shrine to bite the next person in line? How do you even remotely think thats how it works?

For vampire bites, it's often the best way to go. Less about a line and more about lingering near the shrine. I got my first bites from PVE mobs, then via zone chat... But the most reliable bites have been just going to the shrine abd waiting a few minutes. It's what U do with all characters that need a bite now and rarely takes longer than a few minutes.
    That said, I believe this works much better for vamp bites as there's just less WW biting happening in general. For WW I see better chances through zone chat communication; especially in The Rift I see a lot of WW bites being offered without takers, and if you ask for one you're likely to find someone who has a bite on an alt. Demand is just lower for WW.

That said, guildie/friend is always the best option. Never ever ever crowns!
    Edited by Raisin on January 24, 2020 1:23PM
  • Ryath_Waylander
    Ryath_Waylander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also bloodfiends are for vampires? It's werewolves that bite for ww transformations. I found them easier than bloodfiends. If you don't come right, I will look for you in Zone chat Bankorai, Sunday evening.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd add try general chat in one of the busy zones
    Northern Elswer ( the current start zone as it changes year on year)
    Craglorn
    Vvardenfell
    either any alliance start zones or capitals zone

As they are likely to be busier than the 1/3 of the possible options...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't pay for it bro. And if Zos was stubborn to monetize it, they would not offer free bite as skill, it would be only store or npc.
    And don't pay to dudes trying to take advantage. There a lot of people willing to share

If I can add, you will have better luck asking in Riften.

I had both lines done there. Not sure why, but Riften is kinda "hub" for WW or Vamp bite sharing.
    Not sure why is that but it seems community decided to be Riften.
    On EU server I got vamp bite in like 5 minutes after asking in chat, and WW maybe 10 minutes and 2 spams in chat, not more.
    Good luck, and try in Riften.
    Edited by RefLiberty on January 24, 2020 1:32PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »
    Don't pay for it bro. And if Zos was stubborn to monetize it, they would not offer free bite as skill, it would be only store or npc.
    And don't pay to dudes trying to take advantage. There a lot of people willing to share

I had both lines done there. Not sure why, but Riften is kinda "hub" for WW or Vamp bite sharing.
    On EU server I got vamp bite in like 5 minutes after asking in chat, and WW maybe 10 minutes and 2 spams in chat, not more.

Because the final zone for each faction is the location of the werewolf and vampire shrines. The werewolf shrine is very close to Riften. Vampire is a little farther away. [For AD its Reaper's March, for DC its Bangkorai]

pc/na; I'll be on later and over the weekend. More than one of my characters will have a bite ready. I usually reply to requests in zone chat.
    Edited by JKorr on January 24, 2020 2:29PM
  • Everstorm
    Everstorm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You'll probably have more luck in the weekend anyway. Bangkorai/Riften/Reapers is old content, most players will be in newer content.
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everstorm wrote: »
    You'll probably have more luck in the weekend anyway. Bangkorai/Riften/Reapers is old content, most players will be in newer content.

Although it is logical that more people are grouped in newer areas, sill I had better luck where the shrines are actually located.
    Cos people are busy with what they are doing currently and are not so willing to stop their current activity and teleport to bite some random dude.
    On the opposite side, as already said, Riften is gathering place and I had best results there.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of players cured or shelved their werewolves after ZoS neutered them
    Beta tester November 2013
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember,there's also Rift and Reapers March with shrines,and ppl there that can bite also.But like someone said,guilds and busy zones are best places to ask,and don't stay in one zone,port around diff zones and ask in chat,someone will be around and bite you.
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not true, you need a ww character if you want to JOIN the guild, not get a bite. PM me when you are going to log in and I'll bite you - for free ofc.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • Streega
    Streega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RefLiberty wrote: »

Riften is unofficial home city for the Priests of Hircine guild, and we often hang out in there, doing writs and stuff. Furthermore, our guild hall is the Hunters Glade, which is next to the ww shrine - that's why it's the best place to ask for a bite on PC-EU.
    ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃ Don't-Care-Bear ⊂( ̄(工) ̄)⊃
    PC EU "House Tertia" - Friendly Guild for Mature Folks (housetertia.com)
    PC EU "Priests of Hircine" - Awesome Guild for Friendly Werewolves (free bites!)
    Member of "Guild Masters United"
    Master Angler
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I know they bite for free.
    Streega wrote: »

That's not true, you need a ww character if you want to JOIN the guild, not get a bite. PM me when you are going to log in and I'll bite you - for free ofc.

#FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »

I would try

2. Asking guildies
    3. Asking in zone chat

Of course, I asked in game chat; I did say I offered payment, did I not.

Asking in guild is the best way to go. Any decent and active guild will have players that will give you a bite for free. I have often stopped what I am doing to help a guild member out.

I have zone chat off most of the time because there is rarely anything of value said there.
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    We have moved this thread to the Players Helping Players section of the forum. You can also find player to assist with this request using this thread.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's how my first vampire got bitten. I was nervous about asking and not sure how it worked but I'd heard people would give free bites at the shrine so I went there to see how it worked, there were about 3 or 4 other people standing around and periodically a vampire would show up, bite someone and run away again. I was trying to decide how to ask about it (yes I was massively overthinking it) when one of them bit me. :)

Much later on my main character was exploring Bangkorai, I was standing wondering why what was obviously a daedric shrine was in an isolated spot with no quests or anything around it and a werewolf player ran up and bit me. At that point I realised it must be the werewolf shrine. But unfortunately for them I didn't want to be a werewolf, so I went and got it cured so they wasted their bite for the week, but then they didn't ask.

More recently when I was looking for NPC bloodfiends to bite me (because I wanted to try doing it that way) I'd periodically ask if anyone had seen them and lots of people offered to bite me (it did take a long time to find them, not sure if it was bad luck or just difficult, as I saw werewolves several times before I found bloodfiends).
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"