Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Premades are OVER!! (At least, for now)

• Krayl
    Krayl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is one of the lamer decisions I’ve seen made in an MMO that I’ve played. Hopefully it isn’t permanent.

Listen, I understand that premades rolling people sucks. So that should be solved.

But also this is an MMO. If you had launched bgs without being able to group that would have been weird but okay whatever. From the outset it would have been a solo thing.

But removing group content from your multilayer game? You kidding?

If you honestly can’t solve the technical hurdle of allowing for a group and solo queue then leave it alone. It is what it is, a multiplayer game.

If the issue is that there aren’t enough players on a specific platform to further divide the community in half, maybe the mode needs some love so it’s more fun and worth while.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd. I did not see Zos declare we would never be able to queue as a group for BGs again. Merely that this is an experiment. So get all excited now but be prepared for that excitement to come crashing in the not so distant future.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Odd. I did not see Zos declare we would never be able to queue as a group for BGs again. Merely that this is an experiment. So get all excited now but be prepared for that excitement to come crashing in the not so distant future.

Sure, that is one possible outcome.
    Another is that it's a roaring success and stays permanently.

Time will tell. Not you or I.
    🤷‍♂️
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    If you want to see how good you are duel 1v1.

this is bad for pvp. I hope that they are just testing waters for either a better grouping system or better BG system

Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve been doing a lot of solo BGs past two days and I do think it’ll be a good experiment in the end. For all the people queuing solo it’ll be a relief not to be obliterated by premades...on the other side those of us who play with friends will have to rely on Cyrodill for group play
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • MrSinister213
    MrSinister213
    ✭✭✭
    Great move, one of ZOSs best moves ever imo, although that bar is pretty low so its not saying much. There should absolutely be a squad queueing option aswell, even if it takes an hour to get a game. For the seasoned BGer this is a great quality of life move.

But personally the average ESO PvPer and PvEer isnt affected. I'm more concerned with lack of rewards, BG only costumes, more gold, more ap, BG only motifs, etc. Cyrodil just got a new motif and Battlegrounds needs something similar, pull in those non impen wearing PVEers and zergling bots from cyrodil, get them involved.

@TTV.BuyMoreCrowns
    Camelot Unchained Soon (ar 49 AD) high elf nb
    High Elf Slayer (ar 38 EP) dunmer dk
    Zangief (ar 37 DC) high elf sorc
    Papi Chulo (Ar 42 AD) stam sorc

wouldnt call myself a pve'er or pvper. my preferred endgame is crown crates.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think this is one of the best changes they could’ve made. NonCP BGs is already the most competitive platform, breaking up premades will only further strengthen the competitiveness of the gamemode.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see. But I was in four BG's today with just one other player against two teams of four.
    So....who cares if you limit the players like this when you have ZERO chance of anything with just one player versus two teams of four.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the change.. it does however beg the question of the future of healers in BGs... as much as DPS enjoy a pocket healer, healers also require the DPS for victories.

4 healers in a group isn't going to be much use in a deathmatch... and that's a good possibility.

I'd also look at having everyone start at zero ultimate built when they enter... so many will stand with buddies dueling to build ulti before the match starts.
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you have to rely on being premade to actually win a match, can you really say you're a good player? I welcome these changes.
    @AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After Morrowind release maybe it will be the first time i will try battlegrounds.
    The best option would be to have 2 queues, one for solo and another for premades.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm installing the game right now after 5 months for this change alone.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »

And as fast you will uninstall when you will get stomped anyway. Just evil premades excuse wont be there anymore but im sure there will be another.

But ppl who were putting many hours daily will be gone thanks to that genius change.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly would like to see a rank mode with solo queuing and a MMR reset after each patch cycle. The top players are rewarded with unique items.

That's just me.

I typically duo or solo queue in BGs as a magicka Templar healer or a DD. I'm really looking forward to this experiment. We'll see if it improve the quality of BGs or not. If it doesn't then I'll be happy to return back to the older system.

But I'll kick my friends to the curb in a heart beat for more even fights in a gameplay session.
  • Talyndor
    Talyndor
    ✭✭✭
    yay
    (happy dance)
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »

And as fast you will uninstall when you will get stomped anyway. Just evil premades excuse wont be there anymore but im sure there will be another.

But ppl who were putting many hours daily will be gone thanks to that genius change.

And the many more that have stopped playing bgs or the game altogether due to premades will come back, genius change. The fact of the matter is premade queuers are the minority and they're affecting the majority. It's also no secret that premade queuers do it for the pug stomping and the moment another premade queues they log off.
    "I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the many more that have stopped playing bgs or the game altogether due to premades will come back, genius change. The fact of the matter is premade queuers are the minority and they're affecting the majority. It's also no secret that premade queuers do it for the pug stomping and the moment another premade queues they log off.

Sure, softies who quit already instead organize own teams and get better will be the saviours, riiiiight.
    Sad to say you have no clue what you talk about.
    Bgs are GROUP content, if you are too lazy or weak to make your own team, thats on you. Its no different than running dungeons, arenas or trials, nobody want to suffer presence of random pug without a clue, running off soon as bg start never to be seen again. This change only promotes this behavior as it will be a common thing across all 3 teams so one person idiotic playstyle will affect final outcome less than it is affecting now when organized players are there to capitalize on it.

Dont know how many times it have to be repeated by how many ppl - its an mmo !!! Organizing teams, synergizing their builds, preparing tactics for various enemies is an absolute vital and integral part of multiplayer games. Its not meant to cater to solo pug mentality.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dont know how many times it have to be repeated by how many ppl - its an mmo !!! Organizing teams, synergizing their builds, preparing tactics for various enemies is an absolute vital and integral part of multiplayer games. Its not meant to cater to solo pug mentality.

what if I told you, you can do all of that in your pick-up-group of 4?

what if I told you, it’s still an MMO even if you can’t preform your group?

what if I told you, people complaining about not being able to group with their friends/loved ones is the only viable argument?

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

what if I told you, you can do all of that in your pick-up-group of 4?

what if I told you, it’s still an MMO even if you can’t preform your group?

what if I told you, people complaining about not being able to group with their friends/loved ones is the only viable argument?

What if i told you thats your opinions and i might have different? You cant do any that in a pick up group, they will do their random stuff 99% of the time without slightest care of team play.

Name one mmo that forbids forming group.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Elder Scrolls Online

• Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChunkyCat wrote: »

Elder Scrolls Online

No, its on pts, live game doesnt have that feature. Try again.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this isn’t any other MMO
  • Ari
    Ari
    Soul Shriven
    Best change ever, 7hours of battlegrounds today and daily quest is still 0/3. Sure, plenty of pug's but way too many premades.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the BG population so small those players that formed groups before are still going to be randomly matched with each other and other players that made premades before and will still outplay the ones that refuse to learn how to coordinate together because you can't take experience away. Their discords and guild chats will still be available to them to communicate. In fact it opens up the opportunity when former premade players get put on opposing teams for them to still work together to control the match.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ari wrote: »
    Best change ever, 7hours of battlegrounds today and daily quest is still 0/3. Sure, plenty of pug's but way too many premades.

I wish this game really had so many premades as you guys are painting. Its just another randoms but not running each separate way soon as game starts.
  • Ari
    Ari
    Soul Shriven

I wish this game really had so many premades as you guys are painting. Its just another randoms but not running each separate way soon as game starts.

Like I said, plenty of pugs. I call 2-3 ppl together premade and facing those ppl with nice synergy and running tight box every 3-4th game. So, premades are not majority but still alot.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said, plenty of pugs. I call 2-3 ppl together premade and facing those ppl with nice synergy and running tight box every 3-4th game. So, premades are not majority but still alot.

If they are so incredibly dominant as you describe, why you are not making your own duo or trio?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gravord
    Sorry you and your friends can't pug stomp anymore, there's always Cyro though.

While I don't think disabling all grouping is the best option, it is better than how things are currently. More importantly, it's kind of ridiculous to assume BGs will fail as a result of this change. Most players solo queue most of the time. To remove disadvantaged fights against pre-made teams from all of those instances of solo play will improve the experience for most players.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gravord
    Sorry you and your friends can't pug stomp anymore, there's always Cyro though.

While I don't think disabling all grouping is the best option, it is better than how things are currently. More importantly, it's kind of ridiculous to assume BGs will fail as a result of this change. Most players solo queue most of the time. To remove disadvantaged fights against pre-made teams from all of those instances of solo play will improve the experience for most players.

Dont have a premade, sorry to dissapoint. 99% of time playing solo, remaining 1% duo. Wish to have one but cant find good enough players with stable schedule to play together.
    Yet ill still defend everyone else right to grouping because its ridiculous change.

But dont worry mate, you will be still pug stomped anyway.
    And stop with the Cyro crap, its zerg lagfest, nothing about organized small group play, nothing about fast in and out of combat but a horse simulator.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed due to violating our rules on baiting.
    Staff Post