Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

AoE Rats in Dragonhold

Heresyall
Heresyall
✭✭✭✭
Hello ,
2 fights from AoE Rats in dragonhold.
Group play is probably stronger than ever and the meta is magden/magdk/magnecro.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LbWYPXvwRo&t=1s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xY8-xpFH8Y

And some good ap/hour without any ap buff. :smile:
unknown.png
Edited by Heresyall on January 7, 2020 12:34AM
-Heresya EP MagNB/AR 50
-Hȩresya EP MagNB/AR 50
-Lonely Player EP MagNB/AR 50
-The Godblade DC MagNB/ AR 50
-Useless Class EP MagNB/AR 50
-Crippled Class AD MagNB/AR 50
-The Serpent EP MagNB/ AR 50
-Harrowing Reaper EP MagNB / AR 50
-Lord Herrington EP MagDK/AR 47
-Mind Terror EP MagNecro/AR 35
[center
-Soul Siphoner EP MagNB/AR 38
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yawn, I see your alliance buddies were calling out for a second breach at Fare, so you run around upstairs getting very little ap from players who have already died recently. While AD try to also defend the outer walls.

Then try to take flags, but your setup wont let you stay still or you die so you run upstairs again,

EP zone chat says that you are losing the north.

Bit embarrassing really.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yawn, I see your alliance buddies were calling out for a second breach at Fare, so you run around upstairs getting very little ap from players who have already died recently. While AD try to also defend the outer walls.

Then try to take flags, but your setup wont let you stay still or you die so you run upstairs again,

Bit embarrassing really.

Story of ads life in bahlkodan. The amount of blue ball talk wouldmake you think we were talking about something else.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭

Bit embarrassing really.

Some people don't realize (see above quote) that not everyone 'plays the map', in fact many competitive groups don't, and there are other objectives, such as finding challenging outnumbered fights, that a guild or group can set for themselves.

Impressive as always, AoE Rats!
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem with many "Ball Groups" is their definition of a challenging fight, they can't siege a defended keep because their structure gets broken, this leads to either taking an undefended keep or running in after another group or faction has breached the keep.

Once in a keep they have to keep moving to keep their structure so flipping flags at a defended keep is difficult, in tri keeps with an upper level once forced upstairs they are usually wiped eventually.

I am not doubting the skills involved in Balling, just the logic. They are predictable and in my opinion a bit sad.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The problem with many "Ball Groups" is their definition of a challenging fight, they can't siege a defended keep because their structure gets broken, this leads to either taking an undefended keep or running in after another group or faction has breached the keep.

Once in a keep they have to keep moving to keep their structure so flipping flags at a defended keep is difficult, in tri keeps with an upper level once forced upstairs they are usually wiped eventually.

I am not doubting the skills involved in Balling, just the logic. They are predictable and in my opinion a bit sad.

One trick ponies mostly. Me and my friends have setups just for them now, so when we are in group, we hit them with 10 or more proxy dets, negates, timestops, walls of elements, etc, and they crumble pretty quick. Alone i still try to do that, works about 50 percent of the time. Sure it takes skill and timing, but one you know their tricks, its real easy to deal with.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Always amaze to me to see people judging others playstyles but most of the time haven't experienced it themselves. In other words, I would be happy to have you teach us how to run a group of 12 players fighting on their own and having enough damage to kill people while being able to stand still under a siege shower and heavy pressure to flip flags.

The thing is, I know sometimes guilds manage to make it work and flag the keep on their own from the inside with a ram while dealing with that pressure and personally when it works out, that's one of the most satisfying thing to me.
    Edited by frozywozy on January 17, 2020 8:18AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

One trick ponies mostly. Me and my friends have setups just for them now, so when we are in group, we hit them with 10 or more proxy dets, negates, timestops, walls of elements, etc, and they crumble pretty quick. Alone i still try to do that, works about 50 percent of the time. Sure it takes skill and timing, but one you know their tricks, its real easy to deal with.

Only your 10 players without your faction zerg in the mix? Very impressive.

Oh wait..
    Edited by frozywozy on January 17, 2020 8:20AM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »

Oh wait..

Pressing 2 buttons for 3 hours, very impressive. xD PS, ball groups are zergs too, acting like mowing down small groups with a slightly larger group isnt zerging is hilarious.
    Edited by TheFM on January 19, 2020 3:07PM
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh wait..

Pressing 2 buttons for 3 hours, very impressive. xD PS, ball groups are zergs too, acting like mowing down small groups with a slightly larger group isnt zerging is hilarious.

I'm still trying to understand what your sentence has to do with mine.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    nothing impressive about a healbot in action
  • Malpeczka
    Malpeczka
    ✭✭✭
    What addons was used in secound video especially UI with HP/MAGICA/STAMINA and the beams above their heads.
    Edited by Malpeczka on January 20, 2020 2:34PM
  • CrustyCroco
    CrustyCroco
    ✭✭✭
    Here another none-impressive-two-button-spamming-one-trick-pony-healbot-video while we zerg them AD down.
    People either realise what groupplay and skill (or more like situational awareness) is needed or dont improve, doesnt bother us :)
    @Malpeczka those are "lights of meridia" for the beams and "sanct2019" created by our group leader.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=9WGYnBv02UQ
  • Malpeczka
    Malpeczka
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks @CrustyCroco
    So still Im looking for this UI addon.
  • CrustyCroco
    CrustyCroco
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, its "sanct2019" its not shared on esoui or anywhere else, just created for our group. Maybe ask @sanct16 on forums or ingame (PC EU and i think also occasionally on NA) if he might want to share it.
    I also use "DarkUI", "Crown of Cyrodiil", "srendarr", "show global cooldowns", "miat's cc tracker" and "pchat"
    Edited by CrustyCroco on January 20, 2020 3:33PM
  • IndorilArwynLlethran
    People often tell stories about exterminating ball groups and give advises how it can be done. I don't see many videos about it. How Rats having tons of fun - yeah, I absolutely can see it. But how some 10 people killed someone that tier with proxy, timestop, blockade and negate - where is it? If ball groups are so not impressive, not skilled etc, why they always attract at least one alliance whole pop in one keep and farm unstopably for as long as they want to?
  • Malpeczka
    Malpeczka
    ✭✭✭
    Aaa ok i think you write about creator for previous addon. Ok thanks than :)@CrustyCroco
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Watches vid
    Sees a group of 11 battle nearly 50. Is impressed.

Reads Comments

Egotistical players that fluff their feathers over ball groups, but couldn't save their ego from such a situation to save themselves.

Yep. This is normal.

Great job Rats! That was amazing gameplay and synergy!

Anyone that says otherwise just doesn't play groups and tries to fluff feathers about how they 'only play solo'.
    Edited by ellahellabella on January 21, 2020 12:02PM
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Rukia541
    Rukia541
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its far easier to coordinate in small groups than a zerg, zergs are just that... random players doing random crap with 0 focus. Its like the equivalent of me and my buds in WoW attacking raid summoning stones - sure there is a raid group worth of players there, but the have no clue how to fight other players lol only a few of us could take out an entire 20+

Its the same even in GW2 , small strike force are often much more effective than zergs because they are far more coordinated and easier to manage. Most zergs are near useless in an actual fight, imagine getting all those players to get on comms and work as a team. I know it exists but its much more difficult.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Always amaze to me to see people judging others playstyles but most of the time haven't experienced it themselves. In other words, I would be happy to have you teach us how to run a group of 12 players fighting on their own and having enough damage to kill people while being able to stand still under a siege shower and heavy pressure to flip flags.

The thing is, I know sometimes guilds manage to make it work and flag the keep on their own from the inside with a ram while dealing with that pressure and personally when it works out, that's one of the most satisfying thing to me.

It always amazes me that some try to sell playing in a ball group farming pugs think it’s hard. Your not fooling anyone. If your in a group and 50 players are not the group of 16 has the advantage.
    Everyone I know that plays small scale that played in large groups would never go back. It is WAY more challenging to fight solo or less than 4.
    Most ball groups avoid other groups to farm ungrouped players because its way easier.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ShadowProc wrote: »

It always amazes me that some try to sell playing in a ball group farming pugs think it’s hard. Your not fooling anyone. If your in a group and 50 players are not the group of 16 has the advantage.
    Everyone I know that plays small scale that played in large groups would never go back. It is WAY more challenging to fight solo or less than 4.
    Most ball groups avoid other groups to farm ungrouped players because its way easier.

Why is fighting as 4 more challenging then say 6 or 8? The fights you take are completely different.
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why is fighting as 4 more challenging then say 6 or 8? The fights you take are completely different.

Come on Izzy. You play solo too. If you are in a large group you specialize in one or two roles. You can make mistakes and be okay as other ms are backing you up. Solo there is no room for mistakes and you need to cover all roles.
    The biggest advantage for groups would be purge. That skill is still beyond broken.
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Honest question. Can I take a player and bring him into a ball group and make him effective first day in a specialized role? Now can I take that same player and make him an effective soloer in one day?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello there,

Just a reminder to keep things civil and constructive when discussing on the forums. Keep in mind that baiting and flaming are both against the Forum Rules.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honest question. Can I take a player and bring him into a ball group and make him effective first day in a specialized role? Now can I take that same player and make him an effective soloer in one day?

Honest answer: neither. If a player wants to be highly competitive both play styles are challenging and take much more than one day to learn, and even experienced players who can be considered 'effective' will continue to encounter new situations and go on learning (fortunately!)

PC EU ∙ PC NA

'My only complaint about ball groups is that there aren't enough of them. Moar Balls.'
    - Vilestride
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MipMip wrote: »

Honest answer: neither. If a player wants to be highly competitive both play styles are challenging and take much more than one day to learn, and even experienced players who can be considered 'effective' will continue to encounter new situations and go on learning (fortunately!)

That is so not true. Give someone the build and tell them which 2 or 3 buttons and stay on crown. Easy support member. And yes I played high end g v g
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That is so not true. Give someone the build and tell them which 2 or 3 buttons and stay on crown. Easy support member. And yes I played high end g v g

I would be very interested to have you run with us one night with the build of your choice and see how well you compete with other players on the damage or healing meter. How does that sound?
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ssewallb14_ESO
    ssewallb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I bet I could make someone a better nightblade than you in one day.
  • MipMip
    MipMip
    ✭✭✭✭

You seem to be talking about some other type of group play than any of my current or past raid guilds (see my signature) play.

In none of these raids would it be acceptable for a player (in any role) to be pressing only 2 - 3 buttons. Such a player would not be fulfilling their role and would be considered a waste of a slot in raid.

Also, while obviously the raid stays together, a player's positioning is not about 'staying on crown' but positioning relative to the raid and relative to enemies depends on the situation and on the player's role and involves many split second decisions that the player has to make by him/herself.
    Edited by MipMip on January 28, 2020 11:44AM
    PC EU ∙ PC NA

- Vilestride
  • CrustyCroco
    CrustyCroco
    ✭✭✭
    I understand ShadowProcs PoV, if he made those experiences in his larger scaled groups, i don't agree with a player being "effective" playing like that tho.
    Groups aren't limited to "only use 2 skills - stay on crown" and i don't see this in our AoE Rats group (besides @jam maybe).

Every group has a high influence on which enemies they want to fight. Run with your faction-zerg and only take on enemies groups with less or even groupsizes? Yea, pretty easy. Take and defend a keep on your own with a group <10 players? Depends on how many enemies are there and how well each player in the group performs.
    And the better the group is coordinated and players actually perform on a high level, the more enemies they can take.
    It's up to the group to define the limit. It's not easier than playing solo, when you set your limits higher and higher (like you do playing solo).

It's like comparing solo-sports like Tennis/ Golf/ athletics with team-sports like Basketball/ Football and say Football is easier because you only need someone standing on the goal-line that can fix the other players faults.

I know there are semi-coordinated groups running with their faction-zerg, satisfied with rushing from keep to keep.
    But you can't really compare that with AoE Rats, who run 4-9 player groups anyway.

Oh and we are fighting ANY groups, we compete with full 24man groups that play the way ShadowProc is describing. They rarely stand a chance if we fight them alone. Even in keepfights when they are backed up by 30+ of their faction we have a chance to defend or take the keep, which is our selfset challenge.
    So there is a big difference between different groups and thats mainly because we don't limit ourselves and are much more effective than groups that play like ShadowProc was describing. Our AP/hour reflects this pretty good, which is usually between 100k-150k AP/h and occasionally ceiling up to 200k if we manage to generate high ticks on top of that.

TLDR: Don't compare us with the generic 15+ factionstacking groups and don't limit yourself to make groupplay as effective and challenging as possible.

P.S.: Get rekt kredo exDee
    Edited by CrustyCroco on January 28, 2020 12:25PM
  • ShadowProc
    ShadowProc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention the effect on performance. As frozen once was a leading voice on the effect until he was invited to a guild, it is night and day different.
    Look at The main campaign on NA PC right now versus the standard one Laat I think it is. When both are pop locked it is vastly different in lag. Barely any actual ball groups on Laat and the lag is significantly better.
    I have listened and watched a bunch of the ball groups videos and been part of them. If it was quick engagements with other groups it wouldn’t have an effect. But no. Most groups just want to farm pugs. So what happens? It concentrates more and more players in one area spamming buttons.
    Most don’t play objectives at all. They just want the most amount of AP they can get the easiest. Hence farming pugs. Who cares about the performance for everyone else right?
This discussion has been closed.