Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamblade Needs Buffs

nublife01
nublife01
✭✭✭✭
I've seen good magblades. 95% of players suck with magblade though you can be good. Have not witnessed a stamblade better than me (and I am in imperial city daily) or one capable of killing a good (and I mean good not average) dk sorc magplar etc. Our class/spec does such little damage that we can't equip a fear and we are all burst 0 pressure as our main spammable tied to our defensive passive is utter trash. This class needs buffs. Not for me as I can outplay anyone who isn't good enough to know how to play their class. Stamblade needs buffs for the casuals who get wrecked by literally every other class because of how brutally underpowered we are right now. Honestly ZOS you heavily messed up with this class. Literally every ability has been nerfed and now if you notice literally no notably good players play the class. You need to buff it and quit listening to the extraordinarily terrible players who cannot equip a spell or detect pots to deal with cloak.

Like please if anyone can prove me wrong on this other than just making hollow statements please do. The state of this class/spec is absurd right now.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its the healing and tankyness of the other classes that needs lowered, no need to tweek us nightblades.
    set things way off balance if you do that.

ever since we had our damage lowered and adjustments made to us nightblades it made the other classes creep up in defense and insta heals.
    especially templars, most everyone now can go from .001% almost dead health and ONE click "Bam" thier 100% full health.
    just lower the defenses and heals of other classes.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    its the healing and tankyness of the other classes that needs lowered, no need to tweek us nightblades.

ever since we had our damage lowered and adjustments made to us nightblades it made the other classes creep up in defense and insta heals.
    especially templars, most everyone now can go from .001% almost dead health and ONE click "Bam" thier 100% full health.

Yea 100% agree. I just would like surprise attack buffed if we are forced to use it bc of the defensive passive over dizzy swing which is extremely strong when combo'd with a medium attack and execute/onslaught. everything else i can live with tbh. But yea i can heavy attack->onslaught->spectral bow these tanky builds after stacking up all my damage multipliers and not even get them to half health and also have watched them not be able to kill each other because of how gross healing is right now. It's not vigor thats the issue either it's the class specific self heals that are just ridiculously strong right now along with how much damage you can put out in fury armor.
    Edited by nublife01 on January 12, 2020 6:00AM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    no.
    sure nb needs buffs but if you think magblade is better than stamblade then...

but of course you are good enough to 'outplay anyone who doesnt know their class.' so you must know best. of course we lesser beings couldnt do that.

hate to break it to you, but nb isnt for the casuals. it should be the hardest class. and have best results (currently not true)
    if you think stamblade needs a buff play magblade.

and the 'Have not witnessed a stamblade better than me' just made me lol.

sorry but you post makes you come across as an arrogant casual who just wants buffs.
    if you want to know somthing, nb has been nerfed solidly for a long time now.
    the buffs we need are simple, but the main issue is the tank meta. but if you cant kill a good dk, i doubt your the best you have ever encountered.
    i used to main stamblade before i swapped to mag, and i dueld quite a bit.
    dks were tough fights, but build right and they die. sure a equal skill player on a dk was impossible to win, but a good dk. (as in good enough) would die.

but here's some builds form players who can kill dks, magplars and sorcs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX1gjyrgYuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnAbiSPgFJ4&t=99s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvOpD-cR-rI&t=508s

Edited by ThePhantomThorn on January 12, 2020 7:35PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play a magplar and I’ve died 1v1 to a magblade, that doesn’t mean magblade isn’t underpowered, it means I got outplayed. There’s a massive difference.

Stamblade can slot: dizzy, onslaught, executioner and basicly be the same as other stamina classes. What’s a magblade supposed to do? A dark cloak stamblade is a worse version of a DK granted, but that’s still stronger than a magblade.

If the class has undertuned abilities and stamina can rely on weapon skills, what’s mag supposed to do?
    Edited by Iskiab on January 12, 2020 10:53PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nightblade and sorc are suppose to be top dog in Damage.
    and right now we aren't.
    but if you buff us, we will just get nerfed Hard and Strong.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no.
    sure nb needs buffs but if .........

are you killing the insta-heal-tank-builds in this patch right now ?
    solo?
    cause right now they are way defensive OP in defenses. and when they are outputting high damage to match it takes us damage dealers out of place and puts us as bottom feeders.

last night i watched a tank hold off a large group untill they gave up.

Edited by Gilvoth on January 12, 2020 11:46PM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nublife01 wrote: »
    I've seen good magblades. 95% of players suck with magblade though you can be good. Have not witnessed a stamblade better than me (and I am in imperial city daily) or one capable of killing a good (and I mean good not average) dk sorc...

Hello, big ego.

All whats in your post is you are asking for Nb buffs because you cannot insta-kill other players.

Worthy post
    Edited by Anyron on January 13, 2020 3:48PM
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea 100% agree. I just would like surprise attack buffed if we are forced to use it bc of the defensive passive over dizzy swing which is extremely strong when combo'd with a medium attack and execute/onslaught. everything else i can live with tbh. But yea i can heavy attack->onslaught->spectral bow these tanky builds after stacking up all my damage multipliers and not even get them to half health and also have watched them not be able to kill each other because of how gross healing is right now. It's not vigor thats the issue either it's the class specific self heals that are just ridiculously strong right now along with how much damage you can put out in fury armor.

Right. Vigor is only heal ok because you are using it too.
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was in sewers 2 nights ago with imperial physique, impregnable, and pirate skeleton on my stamden. Super tanky, like 40k HP and Stam 30k resistances, 5k crit resist. There was a magblade down there that was out playing the hell out of me. As soon as other people showed up I bailed. I don't think he was OP, just really familiar with his class. I would say the same about stamblades but typically (from my experience) they spend more time in stealth then fighting. So it's hard to gauge the skill level of most stamblades.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Helgi_Skotina
    Helgi_Skotina
    ✭✭✭
    Anyron wrote: »
    I've seen good magblades. 95% of players suck with magblade though you can be good. Have not witnessed a stamblade better than me (and I am in imperial city daily) or one capable of killing a good (and I mean good not average) dk sorc...

Hello, big ego.

All whats in your post is you are asking for Nb buffs because you cannot insta-kill other players.

Worthy post

NB is supposed for insta-kills, not for long fights.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭

Hello, big ego.

Worthy post

and it cant even do that.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, big ego.

Worthy post

No.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ganking or bombing is all I see mBlade doing nowadays.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hello, big ego.

Worthy post

Well now you and the other NBs know your problem. Ain't instakilling nobody this patch that knows how to use the block and roll functions... :D
  • CowNRB
    CowNRB
    ✭✭✭
    Stamblade needs buffs? what?!?!

Edit (I am shocked to see a buff Nightblade thread not disagreeing)
    Edited by CowNRB on January 16, 2020 12:30AM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    no.
    sure nb needs buffs but if you think magblade is better than stamblade then...

but of course you are good enough to 'outplay anyone who doesnt know their class.' so you must know best. of course we lesser beings couldnt do that.

hate to break it to you, but nb isnt for the casuals. it should be the hardest class. and have best results (currently not true)
    if you think stamblade needs a buff play magblade.

and the 'Have not witnessed a stamblade better than me' just made me lol.

sorry but you post makes you come across as an arrogant casual who just wants buffs.
    if you want to know somthing, nb has been nerfed solidly for a long time now.
    the buffs we need are simple, but the main issue is the tank meta. but if you cant kill a good dk, i doubt your the best you have ever encountered.
    i used to main stamblade before i swapped to mag, and i dueld quite a bit.
    dks were tough fights, but build right and they die. sure a equal skill player on a dk was impossible to win, but a good dk. (as in good enough) would die.

but here's some builds form players who can kill dks, magplars and sorcs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BX1gjyrgYuU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnAbiSPgFJ4&t=99s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvOpD-cR-rI&t=508s

This is what I meant by hollow statements for anyone else responding. [snip]

I run a better version of both of these builds in these videos. If you even watch half of isthereno1else's video he will comment about the current underpowered state of stamblade. He also states in multiple videos how we can no longer land all of our abilities in the same instant as we used to where as many other classes can do just that. Magblade is better than stamblade because it has higher amounts of pressure healing and sustain while not having as strong of burst but definitely strong enough to kill people with its pressure. If you're in light armor you're doing it wrong. Maybe you need to google some build videos yourself bud. And I can kill all of those classes and have plenty of times. Though the only effective way to do it, the only way we actually do enough damage to kill anything is to run no cc ability on either bar and utilize tactician. This is actually mentioned by grim in his video if you actually watched it. So you should watch the videos you use as examples before you post because they may completely counter argument your own post as they did in your post just now.

Like I'm not even going to get into this discussion with you because your reply is honestly just insanely hypocritical and cringe. And yea in imperial city where I farm hakeijo for easy profits I have crushed every stamblade I have came across. I just see a lot that run bow builds because stamblade is very underpowered to the extent that casual players can't play it anymore which makes me sad and why I made a forum account. The only player I have not been able to kill or even come close to for that matter was one very good magblade. But come to imperial city I'd love to steal telvar from you.

[edited to remove rude/insulting comments]
    Edited by ZOS_Ragnar on January 17, 2020 3:46PM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Hello, big ego.

Worthy post

Well now you and the other NBs know your problem. Ain't instakilling nobody this patch that knows how to use the block and roll functions... :D

This is true. If you are playing nightblade correct this patch you are at least widdling a player to at least 2/3 life before using any damage combo to kill them quickly. Even then our damage combo is easily dodged if you don't hide the animation of spectral bow and onslaught or land it after tactician. Like you can kill anything but as of right now it requires such flawless execution that I have never seen needed in any patch before. And because of this stamblade completely flounders in high mmr bgs.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

Right. Vigor is only heal ok because you are using it too.

No I am also using spectral bow and rally. Rally and Vigor are in good places right now. Some class abilities are just ridiculous though. Take cauterize for example which is so bad it is considered bad manners in dueling.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭
    BuildMan wrote: »
    I was in sewers 2 nights ago with imperial physique, impregnable, and pirate skeleton on my stamden. Super tanky, like 40k HP and Stam 30k resistances, 5k crit resist. There was a magblade down there that was out playing the hell out of me. As soon as other people showed up I bailed. I don't think he was OP, just really familiar with his class. I would say the same about stamblades but typically (from my experience) they spend more time in stealth then fighting. So it's hard to gauge the skill level of most stamblades.

Exactly my point. Magblades dont really even need cloak right now. Theyre very very strong with tankyness/good healing/high pressure/decent burst if built/played correctly and honestly from the play style I have witnessed dont take an absurd amount of skill though I have not played one myself. Stamblade however is like in a worse spot than it has ever been right now. Like we can't even run dark cloak builds anymore. It is rough to be a stamblade.
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

Hello, big ego.

Worthy post

No ego. Just from what I have witnessed personally. And I am talking this patch. It seems most good stamblades have fled to other classes. Thogard, for example, beat me more times than not with his dark cloak build when it was viable a couple patches ago. Though honestly hes the only one lol and he even said I was hard to kill. And he currently plays a stamplar/magsorc.
    Edited by nublife01 on January 17, 2020 12:58AM
  • nublife01
    nublife01
    ✭✭✭✭

Hello, big ego.

Worthy post

I don't want to be able to insta kill players. We do need our damage buffed slightly yes. Though I agree with the current design of the class if you just buff our damage too we will just be able to insta kill you again. Spectral bow already hits pretty hard (though cannot be damage combo'd like blastbones for example which hits just as hard). So we need some sort of X factor our class was stripped of. This could be like for example enabling our abilities to all land in the same instant again (though this may be too strong of a buff) or at least having them not so easily dodged/mitigated. Or this could be the removal of a cast time from incap and a CC placed on it again instead of that insanely crappy silence. The CC could honestly be just a simple knock off balance like dizzy swing has. Or the damage buffed on surprise attack (which isn't really a part of our kill combo) so that we have better pressure. We need a slight buff to our damage because it is under-performing in pve too last I checked and some sort of X factor that makes the class easier to play for average players yet won't allow good players to just take full advantage of and instagib everyone.

We may not need anything too strong added to our class granted I'm almost certain healing and the heavy meta are going to be nerfed next patch though we definitely need something. I'm sick of watching so many stamblades struggle with the current state of our class. I have played this game since beta and never seen our class in such a worse state.
    Edited by nublife01 on January 17, 2020 12:54AM
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and to the topic: the most important question is if ZOS has some concept of NB role and if they do their adjustments to reach such a goal, or do they just randomly nerf stuff to stop people from complaining?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want to throw it here (not my video, all credit to Isth3reno1else):
    He made 3 videos about class tier list for Solo, small scale and large scale PvP. This is the 4th video that sums it up:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8q-W0BsD6s
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, big ego.

Worthy post

This post has the Chunky Stamp of Approval ®™
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would have said yes, but I've seen some really good stamblades out there. They still kill ppl as effectively as they did prior to the nerfs.

I think it's more so the players ability, or lack of, that is more the issue.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would advocate for sorcerer/nb buffs 100% given this past year of horrible regessive changes!
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    I hate saying this.
    But.
    L2p noob

Well well well if you failed to notice, he just challenged you to a fight. So if you want to prove he is a noob what needs to l2p, easy enough, gear up, meet each other cloak to cloak in IC and then post a videos so all can see who won. Until then, words are just words.
    Also note that you are pretty offensive for no real reason.

I’m on Xbox eu if they want to fight.
    Anyways, magblade is not better than stamblade
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like all classes are doing fine Rn
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like I have fought properly geared NBs sorcs dks and I’d say they are all about the same as when I left a year and a bit ago Stam blades and sorcs definitely don’t seem like they need buffs I think that’s just players who used to crutch on things
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed for violating our community rules around rude and insulting comments.

Rude and Insulting Comments: We understand that sometimes tempers rise, but it is never acceptable to resort to rude comments and insults. This goes for rude comments and insults directed at other community members, and ZeniMax Online Studios employees alike.
    Staff Post