The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

The Long-Winged Bat pet, Bethesda Live Stream Tomorrow needs 80k Viewers for everyone to get one!

• TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be fun to watch if we can pull off 150k viewers!

EcsCHbo.jpg

If they are going to wear the Nordic Bather's Towel for that, I may be interested.
  • curtisnewton
    curtisnewton
    ✭✭✭
    Vampires are gaining momentum in pop culture right now. With dracula on netflix, then the witcher series which is also kind of dark fantasy eso devs took the right time!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's bat day today!
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's time! Go to Twitch now now now
    *Needs bat*

Edited by SydneyGrey on January 16, 2020 9:54PM
  • skyhawk002
    skyhawk002
    ✭✭✭
    We got to ~52k on Twitch, 1.6-2k on Mixer and 1.2-2k on Facebook by the end of the stream. Not sure how we could get 80k unless post-show can save us.

edit: Post-Show saved us and giving both rewards to us anyway. Apparently above 80k but less than 150k viewers according to them
    Edited by skyhawk002 on January 16, 2020 10:46PM
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    way less than i was expecting...also way less than other bethesda streams no?
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How so little views on this Reveal, I don't understand... I want that Bat, Boi!

Edit!

We Got it!!! @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Just confirmed on Stream! just Log in and Killl 1 Monster to get the Bat!!!

WOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOOHO
    Edited by Radiance on January 16, 2020 10:47PM
  • Muizer
    Muizer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if taking down the site with the link on it just before the stream starts had something to do with it :s
    Please stop making requests for game features. ZOS have enough bad ideas as it is!
  • kmills_ESO
    kmills_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I just logged in to the game and made a kill, as mentioned by Radiance, and no bat:( And I watched the whole live stream on Twitch. Any ideas?
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    same i think they didt give it to anyone for now
  • ocerkin
    ocerkin
    Soul Shriven
    no bat so far
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It said start of February it goes out.
  • Dragonnord
    Dragonnord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It says exactly: "...you’ll receive your Long-Winged Bat pet by the first week of February", meaning, as it has always been, that we can receive the bat between right now and the first week of February. It can be now, tomorrow, next week or in February. Just be patient.

Edited by Dragonnord on January 17, 2020 6:17PM
    SERVER: NA | PLATFORM: PC | OS: Windows 10 | CLIENT: Steam | ESO PLUS: Yes
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    kmills_ESO wrote: »
    I just logged in to the game and made a kill, as mentioned by Radiance, and no bat:( And I watched the whole live stream on Twitch. Any ideas?
    Maxx7410 wrote: »
    same i think they didt give it to anyone for now
    ocerkin wrote: »
    no bat so far

Every time they do something like this, whether it's a pet, crates, houses, mounts, etc., we'll get it at a later date and there will typically be an announcement of when that later date will be, just gotta look for it.
  • TimeViewer
    TimeViewer
    ✭✭✭✭
    there was no date in the announcement, I expected it today (day after the stream) but still haven't gotten it, came here to see if a mod has posted a date but I see no one has as of yet
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Competition for the Twilight to see what blocks more of the screen???
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    TimeViewer wrote: »
    there was no date in the announcement, I expected it today (day after the stream) but still haven't gotten it, came here to see if a mod has posted a date but I see no one has as of yet

It says the first week of February. Do you really need an exact date??

*sigh* more people need to start stealing (in game, of course!!!), it really helps in the practice of patience.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragonnord wrote: »
    It says exactly: "...you’ll receive your Long-Winged Bat pet by the first week of February", meaning, as it has always been, that we can receive the bat between right now and the first week of February. It can be now, tomorrow, next week or in February. Just be patient.

I would not expect it before January 22, which is the date they gave for qualifying. So, any time from January 23 to February whatever.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_SamL
    ZOS_SamL
    admin
    Just to be clear, from the article recap that went up today:

"For hitting 80,000 concurrent viewers during our Dark Heart of Skyrim global announcement stream, we're giving all ESO players the Long-Winged Bat pet. To qualify, simply log into the game and kill any enemy monster any time between January 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM EST and January 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.

As long as you qualify, you’ll receive your Long-Winged Bat pet by the first week of February. It’ll be added to your Collections automatically."

Hope this clears up some of the confusion!
    Staff Post
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_SamL wrote: »

"For hitting 80,000 concurrent viewers during our Dark Heart of Skyrim global announcement stream, we're giving all ESO players the Long-Winged Bat pet. To qualify, simply log into the game and kill any enemy monster any time between January 16, 2020 at 12:00 AM EST and January 22, 2020 at 11:59 PM EST.

As long as you qualify, you’ll receive your Long-Winged Bat pet by the first week of February. It’ll be added to your Collections automatically."

So basically any random enemy? And we qualify for the Bat pet?
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Random aggressive enemy, yes. :smile: Justice system targets, like people in towns, and small critters, like squirrels and mudcrabs, do not count.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, I killed a mob on my second account main today. I love bats (IRL) because they take care of insects very nicely thank you. I do not however want it as a pet. So it's something else to ignore in my Collections menu, along with the gross mummified things etc.

*SIGH*

I'm not killing anything on my other account, or on either account on EU. /grumble
  • aus_craggle
    aus_craggle
    Soul Shriven
    I attended the whole thing, including the after show crap and I still have not received my pet Bat. And I play every day and hae only one account. Yes my account is attached to Twitch. Very frustrating!!!
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I attended the whole thing, including the after show crap and I still have not received my pet Bat. And I play every day and hae only one account. Yes my account is attached to Twitch. Very frustrating!!!

Did you not read the note 5 posts up from here highlighted in green that said we're getting it the first week of February?
  • BlazinAces30
    BlazinAces30
    ✭✭

Re-read this:

The bat pet will be received on the first week of February. It's only January 28.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

Random aggressive enemy, yes. :smile: Justice system targets, like people in towns, and small critters, like squirrels and mudcrabs, do not count.

What do you mean? I’ve been killed by Mudcrabs before. Mean vile little ankle biters they are! :D

• EliiteLADYPower
    EliiteLADYPower
    Soul Shriven
    I’m so mad... I was In the hospital for 3 weeks for a heart bypass and collapsed lung and the one thing I wanted since before Halloween when I seen it on that leak website was this stupid bat. Now I can’t get it? I didn’t even know this was a thing... kind of not fair. I’ve been playing this game constantly for years now and the one pet I really wanted I can’t get now because I had surgery when this was going on... not even an email, or website post... or literally anything. This is bullsh*t & I’m so upset over this I actually don’t even want to play for the first time ever.. why wouldn’t they just put it in the monthly crown store item pool?
  • wolfbone
    wolfbone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do really really want to get this little fellow a new home. In our all hearts and in our pets tab. If they get more then 80k views its ours to have. 150k views will likely involve someone getting wet or whatever surprise the devs will have to do for the community like that one dev getting the Eso tattoo the last time they did something like this. I made this for the bat pet though. As that is what I do want to have. Since its being giving away as a reward for the live stream for Skyrim Dark Heart In Las Vegas. The other thread seems to be going dark places so I made this one.

Here is the details Full details of what they have planned. Don't want to read all that then this is what you can do if you are able so we can all get this reward.So down below what we have to do and then the full news thread they released so players here can know what events are going on and everything.

Watching the stream? You and your fellow viewers can unlock exclusive rewards! In addition to Twitch Drops on Twitch.tv/Bethesda, you can unlock unique rewards that ALL ESO players can enjoy simply by tuning into the stream from various sources including Twitch, Mixer, Facebook, YouTube, VK, or Steam. As the show hits various concurrent viewer count milestones, the following rewards will unlock:

80,000 Concurrent Viewers: The Long-Winged Bat pet
    150,000 Concurrent Viewers: A surprise reward inspired by community submissions

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57509

So whos up for getting this little guy or gal a new forever home?
    aw_crwn_pets_longwingedbat_1x1.jpg
    I do really really want to get this little fellow a new home. In our all hearts and in our pets tab. If they get more then 80k views its ours to have. 150k views will likely involve someone getting wet or whatever surprise the devs will have to do for the community like that one dev getting the Eso tattoo the last time they did something like this. I made this for the bat pet though. As that is what I do want to have. Since its being giving away as a reward for the live stream for Skyrim Dark Heart In Las Vegas. The other thread seems to be going dark places so I made this one.

Here is the details Full details of what they have planned. Don't want to read all that then this is what you can do if you are able so we can all get this reward.So down below what we have to do and then the full news thread they released so players here can know what events are going on and everything.

Watching the stream? You and your fellow viewers can unlock exclusive rewards! In addition to Twitch Drops on Twitch.tv/Bethesda, you can unlock unique rewards that ALL ESO players can enjoy simply by tuning into the stream from various sources including Twitch, Mixer, Facebook, YouTube, VK, or Steam. As the show hits various concurrent viewer count milestones, the following rewards will unlock:

80,000 Concurrent Viewers: The Long-Winged Bat pet
    150,000 Concurrent Viewers: A surprise reward inspired by community submissions

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57509

So whos up for getting this little guy or gal a new forever home?
    aw_crwn_pets_longwingedbat_1x1.jpg

we already got that. it was a milestone reward for the greymoor announcement stream
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    wolfbone wrote: »

we already got that. it was a milestone reward for the greymoor announcement stream

Well I'm not the one bringing this thread back up the front I know its unlocked. I made this back then so people would know during that time period to tune into the live stream. This is why this thread was made to at least help out with getting numbers. Every once in a while it pops back up again. We have got the pet unlocked and well I think they should have given it to everyone's account in the game even if they didn't log in. Because its sad if anyone missed out on it :(
    Edited by Thevampirenight on February 4, 2020 10:04AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’m so mad... I was In the hospital for 3 weeks for a heart bypass and collapsed lung and the one thing I wanted since before Halloween when I seen it on that leak website was this stupid bat. Now I can’t get it? I didn’t even know this was a thing... kind of not fair. I’ve been playing this game constantly for years now and the one pet I really wanted I can’t get now because I had surgery when this was going on... not even an email, or website post... or literally anything. This is bullsh*t & I’m so upset over this I actually don’t even want to play for the first time ever.. why wouldn’t they just put it in the monthly crown store item pool?

There were plenty of announcements regarding it. Your situation sucks (vamp pun intended), but don't get angry at ZOS and blame anyone. There will be plenty of people who missed this and other rewards because real life got in the way, has nothing to do with fairness. It's not ZOS' job to cater to this and they obviously wanted to make sure the pet went to active users who were getting in the Greymoor mood.
    I don't think they'd consider it a big deal to give out this free pet to a few more people -- if you send in a nicely worded support ticket explaining your situation, I can imagine you'll get lucky. Perhaps offer the ZOS-pires to smuggle out some bags of blood from the hospital to appease them. ;)
    Edited by Raisin on February 4, 2020 10:11AM