The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Warden - Do you use the Southern Elseweyr sets post level 50?

Veinblood1965
Veinblood1965
✭✭✭✭✭
My new Stam/Warden just reached level 50 and he grew up in Southern Elseweyr and a mix of Tank/PVE with Bow and Two hand Axe. Up until now he's been using two pieces Marauder’s Haste Set, five piece Dragonguard Elite, and five piece Senchal Defender armor. I actually really like the combination but now that I'm level fifty it's time to start upgrading from green, blue, purple armor to gold. I did check out Alcasts build but not really wanting to go with the cookie cutter set ups I've seen there as I'm not interested in raiding this time around.

I'm really liking the Dragonguard Elite and Senchal Defender due to the bonuses as I never run out of Stamina and Crit bonuses. Anyone else using these and liking it post level 50?

The Marauders is going to go and suggestions?

I suppose the question is really moot as it's all in how you personally like to play and if you're happy then that's great. But curious anyway before I start burning resources as this is the first stam build I've used besides a DK Tank which was totally tanky no mix of DPS etc.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can tank in any sets you want, but most tanks would prefer bringing utility to groups over not bringing it. I mean, i made some of my tava's favor gear golden on my tank, is it meta tanking set? No. Can i use it for more group utility? Yes.

But the most important question you should ask yourself is, will you be spending enough time enjoying tanking with that gear? If yes, then how much are you willing to spend to upgrade it, and how much will it actually help you and the group.
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    I leveled up in Summerset and I tell you when you start getting good gear you will not look back i tell you that the Sourthen Elseweyr sets are a little better but gryphon gives you 10% more critical damage, but about Senchal Defender you will see that if you allocate some champion points when you start having some at resource restore and getting more out heavy attacks you will also have plenty of stamina so you can get a more useful 5 piece bonus, and about Dragonguard Elite i have nothing bad to say about it, It gives some stamina recovery what is always nice, some crit in the first bonus some weapon damage that gives better numbers to the crits and the last one gives a lot of crit when charged so is like having an extra set bonus so i have to say that i use it in one of my chars i will keep that one because for what i have red the secret to good pve dps is crit and that set is very good for that.
    And about the Marauder’s Haste haste you now can start thinking about getting a monster set, tanking is not difficult to get monster sets because the difficult part is for the dps that are the ones that have to kill the bosses, so you queue as tank do your job the dps kill the boss and you get the mask easy peasy, or you can always buy some pieces from the golden vendor on the weekends with alliance points each piece gives you a bonus so even if you do not have a full set you can get two one piece bonuses so totally dump that and use monster set pieces or a full monster set.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you both for the info. Sorry I meant my other toon is a tank, this one is not set up to tank in groups and won't be I just like having him be able to take a few punches in PVE and deal out some DPS. I'll run him as DPS when I start grouping more.

For the Marauder's I've probably got a ton of monster sets in the bank from my other toons I'll need to look, I forgot about that. I quit playing for a while just ran so many vet dungeons I burned myself out and quit playing. This time around I'm just take each zone one by one, exploring every single nook and cranny and zone achievements. Helping people in guild and in zone chat anytime it's needed also. It's been quite fun so far. Trying to avoid the I have to have the best armor I can get syndrome this time around but want decent enough DPS to solo some WB's here and there hence the upgrading. When I quit before I sold all my mats from my master crafter and donated it all to the guild so mats are in short supply now lol.

I'll look at swapping the Senchal this weekend, my main is master crafter all traits etc, I read that Hundings is good and it has a lot of dmg perks.

I'm using two hand on back bar and bow on first. The bow is fun but the two hand seems slow. I've seen other hunters using what I think is two swords and they tend to carve stuff up like butter. Keep in mind this is the first DPS direct damage toon I've rolled so dumb question. Two hand versus dual wield sword? One better than the other?
  • CynicK
    CynicK
    ✭✭✭
    I lost track of the post, I am not the biggest expert in the game so I do not know what is better if dual wield or 2 hand, I heard and give as true that dual wield is gives more weapon damage than 2 hand if you just want to pve maybe Whirling Blades is good enough i have to say that I use a 2 hander in my warden for the execute because i pvp with him too and when solo pve-ing the attack that gives a shield but i guess is up to taste.
    And if you have a crafter with all traits researched new moon acolyte is the new thing everyone is using that instead of hundings.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CynicK wrote: »
    I lost track of the post, I am not the biggest expert in the game so I do not know what is better if dual wield or 2 hand, I heard and give as true that dual wield is gives more weapon damage than 2 hand if you just want to pve maybe Whirling Blades is good enough i have to say that I use a 2 hander in my warden for the execute because i pvp with him too and when solo pve-ing the attack that gives a shield but i guess is up to taste.
    And if you have a crafter with all traits researched new moon acolyte is the new thing everyone is using that instead of hundings.

Thanks, I switched out the Senchal Defender for Hundings, hadn't heard about the new moon but I'll take a look at that tonight. I did notice a large difference between my main who is a magsorc and this new toon. I've been standing toe to toe with some of the new Elswyer WB's while others are dying all around me and also kicking their butts without dying, has great health and stamina sustain and decent DPS. It's a fun change from standing back with my main and lobbing spells.