Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lag and freezing before every major patch/pts

zDan
zDan
✭✭✭✭
It's coming up to that time again where out of nowhere my game starts to lag and freeze not like any other type of lag. The game will freeze for a couple of seconds and then go back to normal, happening almost every 5 minutes. I've noticed a pattern in which this only happens right before a patch or pts is about to drop. Is there any reasoning behind this? It has nothing to do with my internet or console, I've been through all the steps (hard reboot etc.)

I'm sorry to be making this type of post yet again, this isn't the first time. But I would just love to get some answers at ZOS as to why this sort of thing happens, it's making the game unplayable...
zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    here's a clip to demonstrate https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/zdan/video/85245171
    now imagine having this constantly in every fight you get
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah actually I've noticed it. It's almost like they do something on the server side that gets the client/server choking every so often. When we get downloads of course that's the changes on our client side so I think they kinda pre start something a day or two ahead of time is the only thing I can think of. The weirdest thing, this patch with the blue screens that everyone has been getting. Well my girlfriend plays with me and anytime she wrecked somebody she would blue screen. If someone wrecked her it was a blue screen. Now with this patch where we all get a memory leak blue screen, but she doesn't blue screen anymore from getting killed or killing and it actually looks like a desync burst is what was behind it imo. Zdan you've got some great 1vX vids just wanted to say. And let's hope they actually figure this stuff out by this summer. Tomorrow is maintenance for supposedly fixing the blue screen issue but they're being very quiet about mayhem so I'm curious if they're nervous it won't work?
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah actually I've noticed it. It's almost like they do something on the server side that gets the client/server choking every so often. When we get downloads of course that's the changes on our client side so I think they kinda pre start something a day or two ahead of time is the only thing I can think of. The weirdest thing, this patch with the blue screens that everyone has been getting. Well my girlfriend plays with me and anytime she wrecked somebody she would blue screen. If someone wrecked her it was a blue screen. Now with this patch where we all get a memory leak blue screen, but she doesn't blue screen anymore from getting killed or killing and it actually looks like a desync burst is what was behind it imo. Zdan you've got some great 1vX vids just wanted to say. And let's hope they actually figure this stuff out by this summer. Tomorrow is maintenance for supposedly fixing the blue screen issue but they're being very quiet about mayhem so I'm curious if they're nervous it won't work?

I've decided to buy an external harddrive for my xbox and see if that fixes the freezing. If not its definitely on their side, it cant be a coincidence that it always happens before pts or a patch.
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP Hello is there anyway I can contact someone about this freezing issue? I just sent a long winded email explaining everything and I just got an automated response back on how to troubleshoot
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

• Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Actually played a full day yesterday in pve and not 1 blue screen and like 1 freeze. My gf wants the dragon guard crafted armor set locked behind quest walls lol. So yesterday I rebuilt database and right after reinstalled the certificates. It did seem to help. Now for the real test pvp lol.
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_BillE @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_AntonioP Hello is there anyway I can contact someone about this freezing issue? I just sent a long winded email explaining everything and I just got an automated response back on how to troubleshoot

All I have gotten so far is messages on how to troubleshoot and how to submit a bug report. I genuinely cannot play the game any longer as I just freeze every 10 seconds in cyrodiil causing me to die! I honestly don't know what to do at this point as I've been left in the dark with no answer as to why this is happening. Im gonna have to stop playing the game all together until the patch comes out, thats when it seems to fix itself from past experience
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA