Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

New Type of Game Freeze/Crash

Tevalaur
Tevalaur
✭✭✭✭✭
For the past few days, and primarily in repeatable locations such as finishing riding training with the stablemaster in Rawl'kha and the Provisioning writ turn in box in Rawl'kha, the game has been freezing. It then hangs for about 10 minutes before it crashes to desktop without an error reporting box.

Then every time I try to log in that same character (this has happened on numerous characters now too) over the course of numerous hours the game hangs after selecting the character, can sit stuck for at least 30 minutes (that's the longest I left it before manually crashing out), never recovers, and upon logging back in to character select the previous character is in fact pre-selected (not the one that hung and failed).

This has happened not only to myself, but to my partner @Kaibeth as well, although her case of it was with the stable-trainer in Rimmen.

It seems that the quest reset time is the earliest one can log back into these characters successfully, i.e. 10pm Pacific time (as I said, I've tried every few hours after throughout the day/night).
Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    P.S. I had really been hoping this was event-related and would stop when the event ended or at least would somehow be fixed with the next maintenance that I'd expected last night. Alas, obviously it is still happening so am now here to report it.
    Edited by Tevalaur on January 14, 2020 8:39AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This happened to me when I was online earlier today! I was in the middle of a Dungeon and became stuck from that Fear Bug that makes you run into walls they've still yet to fix and When I used the /Unstuck feature, I was kicked to desktop without an Error Message!

This is unrelated but I also just received a client update that after it was finished gave me a popup that said another Client was already running In the background. So I restarted my computer to make sure everything was shut down.

Hope y'all got a Fix for this in the patch scheduled for the 16th or RIP Midyear before it's even begun.
  • RoninMB
    RoninMB
    ✭✭✭
    Same thing has been happening to me and always on the same character that I recently made. Always happens after using the dungeon finder it seems.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's really helpful if you can include your platform and megaserver for any bug report, e.g. PC/NA or PS4/EU etc...