Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Warden: bear healing inconsistency.

mague
mague
✭✭✭✭✭
Hi,

certain heals do not treat the bear as ally.

Fungal heals the bear
Lotus does not heal the bear

I didnt test them all. But i think Seeds heal but polar wind not.

I am quite sure Lotus once healed the bear....

Btw. The description of Lotus is wrong or the skill is bugged. Green Lotus does not heal with light/heavy staff attacks and Lotus Blossom not on light/heavy weapon attacks.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Hi,

certain heals do not treat the bear as ally.

Fungal heals the bear
    Lotus does not heal the bear

I didnt test them all. But i think Seeds heal but polar wind not.

I am quite sure Lotus once healed the bear....

Btw. The description of Lotus is wrong or the skill is bugged. Green Lotus does not heal with light/heavy staff attacks and Lotus Blossom not on light/heavy weapon attacks.

Regarding bear:
    -Fungal will heal
    -Healing Seed will heal
    -Living Vines - you can't target bear(will not heal)
    -Lotus Flower - will not heal
    -Nature's Grasp - will heal

Resto staff heals will not heal bear(As far as I remember)

Warden Heals that work on bear will proc the Nature's Gift passive.

Regarding Lotus not working with specific weapons, I didn't know that, strange....
    Edited by Lughlongarm on January 15, 2020 11:32AM
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Polar wind heals bear. It only heals one extra at a time so if any other ally is lower than the heal goes there. But I heal my bear all the time with polar wind.
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭
    Green lotus is stamina maybe why it isn't working with staff. Staff is mag based weapon see if blue lotus isn't healing with staff. It maybe tied to stamina heavy attack weapons.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My templar healer is used to trying to heal the pets of other players. She uses Illustrious Healing or Combat Prayer (both resto skills) to do so. While I suspect not completely accurate, it seems most on the ground heals work for that while healing skills that seek specific targets (like Rapid Regen or Breath of Life) do not. The only consistent logic I can think of is that the game does not want pets to steal heals when there is any chance that a player could need them. Not positive though.
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on January 15, 2020 8:45PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My templar healer is used to trying to heal the pets of other players. She uses Illustrious Healing or Combat Prayer (both resto skills) to do so. While I suspect not completely accurate, it seems most on the ground heals work for that while healing skills that seek specific targets (like Rapid Regen or Breath of Life) do not. The only consistent logic I can think of is that the game does not want pets to steal heals when there is any chance that a player could need them. Not positive though.

This is a very old system now, hasn't been talked about for awhile.

A "smart heal" system was developed years ago, it allowed; skills, proc sets and passives to land on the most injured target in valid range.
    • The game does an AoE and/or LoS check depending on the ability.
    • Then it does an AoE cap check for how many targets can receive the effect (use to be 4, now 6 and even 12 for some abilities).
    • The AoE check prioritizes: injured player > players > pets > friendly NPCs.

Green lotus is a 12 meter AoE ability with a 1 target cap, limited to, a per second HoT (that rechecks every instance).
    Green lotus does apply to the bear as long as an injured player isn't in vicinity.

Other AoEs can heal pets.

Single target abilities ignore pets because they are player specified in how they are programmed.
    Exceptions being mend wounds and nature's grasp (which were previously prohibited up until Patch/4.2.5).
    So ZoS does hardcore this behaviour.
    Edited by SirMewser on January 15, 2020 11:32PM