The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

DK Solo Hybrid for Beginners?

SamAkira
SamAkira
✭✭
Hi,
I've just returned to the game since a few months into Launch. I've tried a few classes out and I'm really enjoying DK. I mostly play solo and like the idea of a hybrid solo build.
'Hack the Minotaur' recently did a video showcasing a Hybrid DK.

The build he goes for in terms of gear is pretty end-game probably.
Essentially what I was looking for was, how viable to people believe these type of builds to be. I can see them being good for Group content if they can solo, sure they won't be the best DPS wise, but being able to carry yourself is interests me as well as the more diverse gameplay.

Also, Like how Law of Julianos is a very good beginner Magicka set. Is there a good beginner hybrid set that is recommended? If so, what is it and where can I get it.
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hack’s build calls for Pelinals, Fury, and Grothdarr. Fury can be purchased. Pelinal’s is a 9-trait crafted set but, if you ask in zone chat, people will make it for you as long as you provide the materials and/or a tip. Grothdarr requires a vet dungeon run, but it’s not a hard vet dungeon. The shoulders might take you some time as you earn keys to open the undaunted coffers.

As hybrids go, it looks really fun. It should be fine for limited group activities, i.e., casual dungeon runs and non-score/non-speed runs.

Edited by The_Lex on January 14, 2020 12:08PM
  • StytchFingal
    StytchFingal
    ✭✭✭
    You could try replacing the Pelinal's with Innate Axiom, a 2-trait crafted set from Clockwork City. You'll be using a lot of class abililies, I'd think, so it should work out okay:

2 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Magicka
    3 items: Adds 12-1096 Maximum Stamina
    4 items: Adds 9-833 Spell Critical
    4 items: Adds 9-833 Weapon Critical
    5 items: Adds 4-400 Spell and Weapon Damage to your Class abilities.

Or you could try Ancient Dragonguard (5-trait, Southern Elsweyr) instead:

2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
    3 items: Adds 1-129 Weapon Damage
    3 items: Adds 1-129 Spell Damage
    4 items: Adds 9-833 Weapon Critical
    4 items: Adds 9-833 Spell Critical
    5 items: Adds 3-300 Weapon and Spell Damage while your Health is above 50%. Adds 40-3460 Physical and Spell Resistance while your Health is 50% or less.

• BisDasBlutGefriert
    BisDasBlutGefriert
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is ancient dragonguard a crafted set? And does anyone know if you can get a full set of medium or heavy armor from it?

Thanks in advance!
    ~There’s a positive in every negative. Sometimes the positive is harder to find than other times, but there is ALWAYS one there~
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is ancient dragonguard a crafted set? And does anyone know if you can get a full set of medium or heavy armor from it?

Thanks in advance!

It is crafted and you can make it in light, medium, or heavy.