The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How tied are cyrodiil quests to the particular campaigns in which you pick them up?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
Which kinds of Cyrodiil quests do or don't have to be fulfilled in the same campaigns you first pick them up in? I do so little PvP that my own experience leaves me unsure.

Thanks!
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As far as I know, not at all.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »

So you can pick up a scouting quest in one campaign and go fulfil it in another where your alliance controls the map? :)
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi,

pve quests and daily quests from towns are not related to campaigns - you can pick the quest in 7 days no-cp, and clear it in 30 days cp, no matter what.

not sure for pvp dailies (the ones at the board when you enter Cyrodiil).
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So you can pick up a scouting quest in one campaign and go fulfil it in another where your alliance controls the map? :)

Yes
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Next question: What can make it impossible to pick up Cyrodiil board quests (on a character who doesn't have any in his quest log)?

I imagine Welcome to Cyrodiil is a prerequisite. Is the Sheogorath/Volendrung quest now a prerequisite too?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well, actually, I just did the Volendrung training quest "Chaos Magic" on a character who can't pick up Cyrodiil board quests, and it didn't help. And he's in his home campaign, and he's in the correct one of the two base towns.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 14, 2020 10:54PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You probably haven't finished all the intro quests. Did you see if you have a marker at the training siege range?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably haven't finished all the intro quests. Did you see if you have a marker at the training siege range?

Good guess. I can't think of anything else, so that'll be the next thing I try.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep. The characters who can't pick up board quests are each missing siege training.

(In some cases I deliberately postpone training until a double AP event comes around.)
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 16, 2020 1:57AM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm glad it was straight forward to resolve.