The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Elsweyr CE install question

Doctor_Demento
Doctor_Demento
✭✭✭
I realize this is a old post but I am hoping that since it is old but unanswered, there may be a solution by now. I already have the digitial upgrade standard edition of Elsweyr installed and using it since its launch. I have played since beta and added Morrowind and Summerset of course as well. What I want to do is buy and install the digital upgrade collectors edition of Elsweyr. I need to know if that will actually work. I basically want the mount and other digital upgrades. But if it won't even install, then I will have wasted my money which I cannot afford to do. I am on Social Security and it is my sole income so money is very tight and I can by no means afford to waste it.

I am hoping someone has already done this and knows it works from doing it. That would be great. I appreciate the help. I hope to hear someone reply very soon. :smile:
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy the code off the website and add it to your account. And it should unlock those extras.

And no, you don't need to download anything extra, the code added to your account is enough.

Duno if you want to spend that much extra, but it should work.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    all you are doing by buying the CE version is telling the game you now own it and it will unlock those items for you in game, no need to install or DL anything they will appear in your inventory and collections tabs
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on January 4, 2020 1:35AM
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the replies. Appreciated. I thought should be the case but was not sure and not willing to gamble on being wrong. I can get the key for $17.02, so that makes it cheap enough. I would have done this yesterday but I did not get my money till today. Could have bought it directly off the website. They have done this to me a hundred times over the years I've played. Ended a sale the day before I got my SS check. sigh.. Oh well it ends well in the end this time with your help. Thanks to both of you.
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Just wanted to post. It does work for anyone who now ask this question. You can upgrade Elsweyr Standard Digital Upgrade Edition by buying and entering the key for the Elsweyr Collectors Digital Upgrade Edition. I have done it and it works flawlessly. Again I want to say thank you for the help from the two posters above.
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy to help, enjoy your shinies.

And start saving in advance. There will soon be an announcement for the next expansion. And buying the CE edition first will save you money in the long run. (It prob will have a CE edition, because it make them money)
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes I saw that. We are getting SKYRIM! Oh that will be fun. All the crazy drunk Nords. LOL
  • Darkhorse1975
    Darkhorse1975
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A CE upgrade for Morrowind and Summerset were added to the Crown Store and sold for crowns after the next chapters launched. If you dont mind waiting until June, you should be able to get the Elsweyr upgrade then.
    Master Craftsman!
  • Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Had both of those prelaunch. :smile: