Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Help me decide between sorc and necro

Furius
Furius
Soul Shriven
I am a returning player and I was almost decided on playing a magsorc. I never played a sorc before, but I like the way the skills look with all that lightning and how it's good for tough solo content (at least that's what I've been reading throughout the internet). But reading some elder scrolls lore and looking at how necro skills look made me think that maybe I would be more satisfied with a magnecro (I prefer to play a magicka class until the time I think it would be fun to try a werewolf build). Unfortunately, because of how new the class is I cannot find that much material and opinions about the performance of the necromancer. So my questions are:

1- What's the actual state of the necromancer in the game? Is it better in something compared to the other classes and the sorcerer in particular?

2- How is the necromancer performing in solo content? Can I do vMA or world bosses with the same "easiness" that sorcs and templars do, or at least something close?

3- Is the necromag still lackluster compared to necrostam as it's said in some earlier posts?

4- Which benefits the class bring to a werewolf build?

Best Answers

• hackdrag0n
    hackdrag0n
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing Magcro has going for it over Magsorc is the Major Vulnerability ultimate. Other than that it's just bad - terrible sustain and buggy skills. IMO a very frustrating class to play at this time.
    Answer ✓
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furius wrote: »
    3. I believe they’re about the same in builds, but magcros actually use more of their class skills than stamcros.

In the middle of 2019 most of the post said that necro had a lot of stamina morphs and they were always better than the magicka morphs of the class and that made stamcro were more viable than magcro, but I'm don't know how much of that is valid right now. Maybe something changed for the better in other patches?
    4. The passives may work for werewolf, but unfortunately WW was pretty heavily gutted a couple patches for pve and maybe pvp? I rarely see them now on any class.

I saw a video of Alcast doing vMA as a WW and I thought they were still good. What nerfs it got?

Stamcro is still higher DPS than Magcro, but not by as large of a margin. Stamcro was nerfed harder in the Dragonhold update, where Rending Slashes, Poison Injection, Caltrops (or was that the previous patch?) and Soul Splitting Trap were effectively removed from the game. Reverse Slice was also changed so it couldn’t double crit. Magcros lost a little, when they had to stop using Reach, Consuming and Scalding Rune, but this was less of an impact than all Stamcro lost.
    Answer ✓
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1. Magcros bring major vulnerability to the group and whatnot. Afaik they pull good numbers and survive well for dps.
    2. They have good self heals, aka the heal ghost, as well as strong ulti generation. So solo content shouldn’t be too rough.
    3. I believe they’re about the same in builds, but magcros actually use more of their class skills than stamcros.
    4. The passives may work for werewolf, but unfortunately WW was pretty heavily gutted a couple patches for pve and maybe pvp? I rarely see them now on any class.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Furius
    Furius
    Soul Shriven

In the middle of 2019 most of the post said that necro had a lot of stamina morphs and they were always better than the magicka morphs of the class and that made stamcro were more viable than magcro, but I'm don't know how much of that is valid right now. Maybe something changed for the better in other patches?

I saw a video of Alcast doing vMA as a WW and I thought they were still good. What nerfs it got?