Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buying crowns with in game gold

mirog
mirog
✭✭✭
I've bought crowns from other players this way in the past and haven't had any issues until very recently. Is there nothing you can do if someone scams you? I'm wondering if anyone else has had any issues with this sort of thing and if/how they were able to resolve it.
  • ChimpyChumpy
    ChimpyChumpy
    ✭✭✭
    Never done it myself but reddit is full of posts from people submitting tickets to zos with details like player and time or screenshot. They may be able to track it by a trade log or something.

Usually zos will make it right (from what i hear) but it can take a while for someone to answer.

Again this is just what I've read.
    Edited by ChimpyChumpy on January 11, 2020 1:47AM
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure you take screenshots EVERY TIME, @mirog.

It's a buyer beware market ... even if you have had success in the past.

There is a Tamriel Crown Exchange Discord which is pretty popular with players.

Hopefully another forum-goer can link the Discord page (since I don't know it; nor do I know what platforms they cover) ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 11, 2020 6:08AM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno Community Manager said that if you do get scammed they will resolve it just notify them and they will look at the records and see what took place.
    what we do and say is recorded so is not that hard to see what took place, just report it if you get scammed.
  • mirog
    mirog
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Community Manager said that if you do get scammed they will resolve it just notify them and they will look at the records and see what took place.
    what we do and say is recorded so is not that hard to see what took place, just report it if you get scammed.

I have video clips of the whole exchange, I tried contacting zos support but they basically told me "tough luck"
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Retroactively, I don't know. Proactively: Use something like World Crown Exchange Discord for escrow services, or did you already use that?
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • mirog
    mirog
    ✭✭✭
    fred4 wrote: »
    Retroactively, I don't know. Proactively: Use something like World Crown Exchange Discord for escrow services, or did you already use that?

Probably won't buy crowns from players at all in the future tbh, not worth it if things like this can happen and zos not doing anything about it
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mirog wrote: »
    fred4 wrote: »

Probably won't buy crowns from players at all in the future tbh, not worth it if things like this can happen and zos not doing anything about it

The "gift/buy for other player" function was implemented to increase the sale numbers. To gain a higher profitability. If they now start wasting cash on on some min. wagers in an indian offshore office farm, the whole thing becomes pointles.
    Edited by Zer0_CooL on January 13, 2020 3:53PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have video clips of the whole exchange, I tried contacting zos support but they basically told me "tough luck"

i dont believe that was said in the email.
    if i was you, i would right now go to @ZOS_GinaBruno and report this to her and ask for help.
  • mirog
    mirog
    ✭✭✭

i dont believe that was said in the email.
    if i was you, i would right now go to @ZOS_GinaBruno and report this to her and ask for help.

I doubt they'd do anything based off what they told me, unfortunately.
  • m2rc
    m2rc
    ✭✭✭
    I've used WCE before and they're very reliable. If you trade with someone from their discord server then you will know who that person is and you can eventually get them banned from the server. This means that more people on the WCE server are genuine because they know that if they're in it for scamming they can only do it once before getting caught. It won't get your money back but at least it will reduce the chance of getting scammed.
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    I use the Crown Network Discord server to make all trades with a broker. A scam is definitely still possible if the broker is dodgy, but I havent ran into this problem so far. I do only make small trades though to limit the loss if there was a scam, i'll never trade anything over 2k crowns at a time.
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One of my gms runs an escrow service.

You want to sell crowns, let the gm know how many.

You want to buy; let the gm know how much you'll spend, and what item/s you want.

GM matches buyers and sellers; sellers notify the gm when the item is gifted, then the buyer notifies the gm when the gifts are received. GM sends the gold to complete the transaction.

Of course it only works if you have a gm that you trust.