Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Discover ESO’s Future during our Global Reveal Event"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
6f3e4d8ac6574d3b3dc72b232d97df6d.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Discover ESO’s Future during our Global Reveal Event" blog article.

The next big Elder Scrolls Online adventure is right around the corner, and you can watch the spectacular Vegas announcement via Twitch.tv/Bethesda this Thursday, January 16.
Staff Post
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    can you just, like, tell me now? Promise I'll keep it secret!
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Why is Sypher going to be there when he hasn't played the game in years and was booted for well less than stellar activities?
  • Veesk
    Veesk
    ✭✭✭✭
    aw_crwn_pets_longwingedbat_1x1.jpg
    80,000 Concurrent Viewers: The Long-Winged Bat pet
    This is a nice surprise reward! Looking forward to the event.
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Sedare38 probably because he used to play, has a large following on Twitch (thus a large amount of potential players) and is likely being paid to appear. Bring a streamer (back) in to a game and you will likely bring a large amount of their viewers in too. It makes sense from a business point-of-view, even if I myself have never been a fan of his. Nothing against the guy at all, just was never into his streams.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • TigressCreed
    TigressCreed
    ✭✭✭
    Just PLEASE give us a Vampire Class 🧛🏻‍♀️ and one that is balanced enough that will perform just as well in Mag than in Stam settings unlike the Necromancer .
    Xbox NA TigressCreed
  • Sedare38
    Sedare38
    ✭✭✭
    Just PLEASE give us a Vampire Class 🧛🏻‍♀️ and one that is balanced enough that will perform just as well in Mag than in Stam settings unlike the Necromancer .

I'd settle on re-vamping (pun intended) the vamp skill line to have 3 more powers like WW got, and also to have some stamina loving variants. I realize WW is more for stam users, but almost all stealthblades go vamp.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    special guests:
    ZOS Loremaster Leamon Tuttle
    p5M3DJS.png
    <3
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmm, should I get my hopes up for more Vampire content.....
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you hire the guy who quit the game and trash-talked ESO more than everybody else combined to promote this chapter announcement ?
    Oh my...
    I understand that audience figures trump anything else, but it's still kind of sad.
    I'm also not that fond of Hines when it comes to ESO. As much a PR master as he seems to be, he doesn't know a thing about ESO and that shows when he talks about it. I much prefer Rich's natural way of saying stuff.
    Anyway I've trash-talked two people already, so enough for today ! Still looking forward to the stream :-)

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 10, 2020 11:52AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »

Hmm, should I get my hopes up for more Vampire content.....

Yes, I think so.
    So you hire the guy who quit the game and trash-talked ESO more than everybody else combined to promote this chapter announcement ?
    Oh my...

I noticed that, too. I don't plan to tune into that part, but it will be interesting to see what comments others have afterwards.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh my...
    I understand that audience figures trump anything else, but it's still kind of sad.
    I'm also not that fond of Hines when it comes to ESO. As much a PR master as he seems to be, he doesn't know a thing about ESO and that shows when he talks about it. I much prefer Rich's natural way of saying stuff.
    Anyway I've trash-talked two people already, so enough for today ! Still looking forward to the stream :-)

Sypher was also preshowing Elsweyr. Brought roughly 30-50k viewers to the stream doesn't seem like a bad deal considering they could pay someone who doesn't know how to play at all and just has a big following. Instead they choose someone with a decent level of skill and old hand knowledge.

@ZOS_SarahHecker No @ZOS_BrianWheeler at the announcement so guessing no major pvp functionality or campaign changes? Would be nice to know what the year holds for pvp (roughly) other than just "performance improvements" or "another Daedric weapon" please :)
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sypher was also preshowing Elsweyr. Brought roughly 30-50k viewers to the stream doesn't seem like a bad deal considering they could pay someone who doesn't know how to play at all and just has a big following. Instead they choose someone with a decent level of skill and old hand knowledge.

So you're telling me that finding a streamer who :

1/ knows the game decently well and plays it properly ;
    2/ has a decent amount of followers
    3/ isn't a former quitter / trashtalker of the game
    is impossible ?
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is it you want to know ? The next chapter ? Skyrim. The "surprise, community-inspired event coming up if we reach a certain amount of views in the stream ?" ? It's been disclosed by Sarah here : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6534174/#Comment_6534174

I must say I'm utterly disappointed by this choice. Not because it's bad idea (it's a rather good one) or because it's not fun (it IS fun), but because it is, once again, a dev-oriented thing, instead of a community-oriented thing. We deserve more than devs behaving like rock-stars - as fun as it may be in the moment.

I guess I'm being grumpy today, but I'm really disappointed by this choice.

• RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

What is it you want to know ? The next chapter ? Skyrim. The "surprise, community-inspired event coming up if we reach a certain amount of views in the stream ?" ? It's been disclosed by Sarah here : https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6534174/#Comment_6534174

I must say I'm utterly disappointed by this choice. Not because it's bad idea (it's a rather good one) or because it's not fun (it IS fun), but because it is, once again, a dev-oriented thing, instead of a community-oriented thing. We deserve more than devs behaving like rock-stars - as fun as it may be in the moment.

I'm a little suspicious here. Are they going to do this "Snow Bear Plunge" in Vegas? That doesn't sound very snowy to me.
    PC EU
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make sure to look before you leap for snow "bare"plunge...

https://youtu.be/wD50-tb1908
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a little suspicious here. Are they going to do this "Snow Bear Plunge" in Vegas? That doesn't sound very snowy to me.

Of course not. First we have to reach the required number of viewers of the stream. If we do, they'll do the "plunge" at a later date in an adequate location and post the video (or livestream it). Like they did for Rich's tattoo in the past.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 11, 2020 9:53AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course not. First we have to reach the required number of viewers of the stream. If we do, they'll do the "plunge" at a later date in an adequate location and post the video (or livestream it). Like they did for Rich's tattoo in the past.

They can reserve a pool in Palm Springs for later this month :smiley:

I'll be watching, and I am working on getting many of my gamer friends and associates to tune in as well. Many of them are former ESO players. I want to make sure that Rich, Pete, Finn, and the rest have suitable need for insulated swimming gear. :smile:
    Edited by Elsonso on January 11, 2020 4:57PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We deserve more than devs behaving like rock-stars - as fun as it may be in the moment.

You should be glad they didn't choose my suggestion, then. (Karaoke of the Skyrim Dovahkiin theme song)

The great thing about the Snow Bear Plunge is that there will be a moment of revelation when the participants get a first-hand experience of why Frost damage DPS should be a thing. When the cold hits their bones, they'll know why Minor Vuln (swapped over from Shock) and a penetration bonus make sooo much sense.
    Edited by Gnortranermara on January 11, 2020 6:49PM
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We deserve more than devs behaving like rock-stars - as fun as it may be in the moment.

You should be glad they didn't choose my suggestion, then. (Karaoke of the Skyrim Dovahkiin theme song)

The great thing about the Snow Bear Plunge is that there will be a moment of revelation when the participants get a first-hand experience of why Frost damage DPS should be a thing. When the cold hits their bones, they'll know why Minor Vuln (swapped over from Shock) and a penetration bonus make sooo much sense.

Well, to be honest, all in all, I'd have preferred the karaoke thing, that would have been true fun ! I don't know, the plunge thing sounds like they're taking themselves far too seriously (and so are the "fans"). I felt the same about the tattoo thing : far too serious, and almost far too intimate.
    But that's just me. I'm noone to tell what other people should or should not have fun with.
    I still wish they were more community-centered when it comes to this sort of "event", though.

NB : you're not wrong about the frost element in combat ! I wish it was considered a real DPS source too.

Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on January 11, 2020 7:43PM
  • Vorpan
    Vorpan
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not getting why they'd ask to have SypherPk there either. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching his stream when he was actually playing the game, but why not support and invite the streamers that do play this game? There are several that have large followings.

Anywho, I hope Skyrim is good. I was hoping for year of the sea elves or something that hasn't been done over and over, but maybe next year.
  • johnjetau
    johnjetau
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, just had a look at his twitch and besides logging in 4days ago to play ESO, the last time I can see any clips of him playing before that is Jan 16 2019, in a clip, he entitled "Sponsored segment".

I'm sure some current ESO streamers would have liked a "free" trip to Las Vegas, more than someone, who for all intensive purposes, really doesn't feel apart of the ESO community.

But, will be interesting to see what Skyrim, is going to bring.
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to know more than Skyrim. i wish they reveal more of the ESO future.

i hope starting with 2020 for a REAL Expansion with :smiley:

1. 3 ore 4 new zones or 2 zones bigger than Craglorn

2. 8 Public dungeons

3. 12. delves

4. 4 new group dungeons

5 2. Trials ( one mini and one large)

6. 2 new skill lines ( something like 1h and rune from the start and a bard skill line)

7. One new class.

9. 3 new Battleground maps

10. Revamped Cyrodiil

11. Revamped Imperial City

12. Directx12 upgrade

This can be called a Real Expansion.

Cheers!

English is not my native language.

• valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vorpan wrote: »
    I'm not getting why they'd ask to have SypherPk there either. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed watching his stream when he was actually playing the game, but why not support and invite the streamers that do play this game? There are several that have large followings.

Anywho, I hope Skyrim is good. I was hoping for year of the sea elves or something that hasn't been done over and over, but maybe next year.

They only invite the White Knights so they don't have to worry about anyone going rogue and creating a scene
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    They only invite the White Knights so they don't have to worry about anyone going rogue and creating a scene

White knights? Lol

Besides, SypherPK plays... Fortnite....
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The "surprise, community-inspired event coming up if we reach a certain amount of views in the stream ?" ? It's been disclosed by Sarah here

Oh my... I hope it's not true, because it's horrible "reward" :/
    I think if it hits 100k concurrent viewers, Rich and/or the Community Managers have to partake in a Polar Bear Plunge, or as the New Life Festival says, the "Snow Bare Plunge." But it has to be livestreamed somehow.

I don't understand why it can be interesting for some people to force developers to do weird real life things...
    The cute bat pet is very nice reward for 80k viewers, and for 150k I definitely hoped for something even more epic in game.
  • mateosalvaje
    mateosalvaje
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm so excited to see Kyle on the big stage and find out what the canvas maps are all about! 😜

Edited by mateosalvaje on January 14, 2020 2:24PM
    I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭

So much for letting it be a surprise. Thanks for spoiling it.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are taking questions, can you ask leamon tuttle if the dragon nahfahlaar is nafaalilargus?
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope for no more nerfs !
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agalloch wrote: »
    I'd like to know more than Skyrim. i wish they reveal more of the ESO future.

i hope starting with 2020 for a REAL Expansion with :smiley:

1. 3 ore 4 new zones or 2 zones bigger than Craglorn

2. 8 Public dungeons

3. 12. delves

4. 4 new group dungeons

5 2. Trials ( one mini and one large)

6. 2 new skill lines ( something like 1h and rune from the start and a bard skill line)

7. One new class.

9. 3 new Battleground maps

10. Revamped Cyrodiil

11. Revamped Imperial City

12. Directx12 upgrade

This can be called a Real Expansion.

Cheers!

English is not my native language.

If you wanted all that in a single piece of content, you'd be charged like $150 for it.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!