Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

An idea for a new nb skill

ThePhantomThorn
ThePhantomThorn
✭✭✭✭
so nb lacks burst (especialy mag) so i have a idea for a change to mark target to give nb burst that doesnt rely on their ulot.

when a marked target drops below 50%? hp, they take x damage. then nb would have a time bomb skill like all other classes.
as for the argument: its op aaah nb has incap...
sorc has frags curse AND overload or meteor.
thoughts?
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But... But, Grim Focus?
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    But... But, Grim Focus?

like cfrags. this would be like curse. so they can be comboed properly.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But... But, Grim Focus?

Ah, so NB can just become a Sorc with red skills. I see you are from the school of Wheeler.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    But... But, Grim Focus?

Ah, so NB can just become a Sorc with red skills. I see you are from the school of Wheeler.

no. but if you have played magnb you would know that a pure caster playstyle has very little burst.
    infact all classes have delayed burst skills but nbs.
    sub assult, bb, potl... nb has not much burst due to the burst being over 4gcds or so. makes it easy to avoid.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. It sounds dangerously similar to Mages' Fury (sorc skill). I prefer to keep classes distinct and with some form of idenity & unique play style.
    I am nb main and I hated how ZOS just casually copied Grim Focus and gave it to sorcs (Bound Armaments) as an... class idenity skill lol.
    So I also dont like to see a sorc skill mechanic being copied to NB. It is just wrong. Clases should have unique mechanics. This is the only way to make them unique & worth picking up.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on January 8, 2020 10:17AM
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Where would you put it? Skills are underwhelming so you already have a full skill bar to accomplish less than other classes.

Maybe something more simple. Give soul harvest a 20m range, change shrewd offering to be like agony was before? I don’t know exactly how it worked, but an opponent dot and self burst heal that costs magicka. Leave malevolent offering as is.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • zDan
    zDan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nb has the biggest burst POTENTIAL, but is very unreliable. The cast times they put on incap and the small delay on merciless is enough to make both mag and stam bottom tier
    zDan - Xbox EU/NA

I specialize in solo PvP on every class in the game,
    be sure to check out my YouTube for several 1vX and build videos!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXkrJ3K68GHLn2-HgHjITsA
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zDan wrote: »
    Nb has the biggest burst POTENTIAL, but is very unreliable. The cast times they put on incap and the small delay on merciless is enough to make both mag and stam bottom tier

Why do people keep saying this, it’s totally wrong. Anyone who’s played a NB and a magsorc can tell you it’s easily magsorc. Heck, my magtemplar can kill people in 3 GCDs, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s higher.

A properly build magsorc can kill someone in one GCD in a proper pvp spec, it’s multiple GCDs setting it up but from 100-0 in one second isn’t hard.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 8, 2020 3:00PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Why do people keep saying this, it’s totally wrong. Anyone who’s played a NB and a magsorc can tell you it’s easily magsorc. Heck, my magtemplar can kill people in 3 GCDs, I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s higher.

A properly build magsorc can kill someone in one GCD in a proper pvp spec, it’s multiple GCDs setting it up but from 100-0 in one second isn’t hard.

true. i cant remember when i last killed a player in 1 sec. even on dk i can, but not nb. thats why we need a time bomb skill/ the one i mentioned :)
    i think the one above would be good and unique. its a bit like wrath tho. but what else? a nb curse? a nb shalks?
    this would be fun as the burst would synergise well with bow on magblade, so you wouldnt have to rely on soul harvest.
    as it is nb burst cant land at once unlike every other class.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

true. i cant remember when i last killed a player in 1 sec. even on dk i can, but not nb. thats why we need a time bomb skill/ the one i mentioned :)
    i think the one above would be good and unique. its a bit like wrath tho. but what else? a nb curse? a nb shalks?
    this would be fun as the burst would synergise well with bow on magblade, so you wouldnt have to rely on soul harvest.
    as it is nb burst cant land at once unlike every other class.

Maybe yea, IDK. I like lots of variety instead of just copying what works on another class.

One thing I’ve noticed is NBs are slow. Everyone’s so focused on speed buffs on paper they forget about snares. NBs need to build for speed, it’s not like DKs, Templars, etc... who have free snares from passives. They play slower unless you build for it.

Maybe cripple for magNB would help, IDK. If they’re looking at NB this coming patch it’s probably late in the cycle for skill overhauls, and the devs have already designed some changes.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the Developers said:
    and i Quote:
    "We added cast times so there is counter play; we felt that having 3-4 abilities hitting you at once, including an Ultimate, is just too much."
    End Quote:

that statement is STILL TRUE.
    no one should be able to instantly KILL people in pvp.
    no one!
    no class should be able to do that.

and here in this thread your asking to be able to instantly kill people without allowing other people the time to be able to react and even defend themselves. just instant death in pvp, no ability to survive.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    the Developers said:
    and i Quote:
    "We added cast times so there is counter play; we felt that having 3-4 abilities hitting you at once, including an Ultimate, is just too much."
    End Quote:

that statement is STILL TRUE.
    no one should be able to instantly KILL people in pvp.
    no one!
    no class should be able to do that.

and here in this thread your asking to be able to instantly kill people without allowing other people the time to be able to react and even defend themselves. just instant death in pvp, no ability to survive.

Has this turned into a nerf sorc and Necro thread? If that’s their intent they’ve failed pretty miserably, and even made it easier recently.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so nb lacks burst (especialy mag) so i have a idea for a change to mark target to give nb burst that doesnt rely on their ulot.

when a marked target drops below 50%? hp, they take x damage. then nb would have a time bomb skill like all other classes.
    thoughts?

No

Despite its current status, an identity feature of NBs (especially mageblades) has always been that it is a class that requires skill to be played (unless you try to play as a ganker).

If there's something I'll give back to NBs is the old agony, maybe as a morph of Cripple
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

thoughts?

No

Despite its current status, an identity feature of NBs (especially mageblades) has always been that it is a class that requires skill to be played (unless you try to play as a ganker).

If there's something I'll give back to NBs is the old agony, maybe as a morph of Cripple

What was agony?
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ranged disorient (unblockable, undodgeable cc that broke as soon the target took dmg).
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Was it? Isn’t there a dot component too?

You’ll sometimes see it on NPCs. I thought it was a self heal and opponent dot. I didn’t play when it was around, I was just going from people saying that’s what offering used to be and seeing NPCs use it.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 9, 2020 12:09PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    could they not have a "slump of floor crying its not fair" AoE ?
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    or a whinge over time super sulk?
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You’ll sometimes see it on NPCs. I thought it was a self heal and opponent dot. I didn’t play when it was around, I was just going from people saying that’s what offering used to be and seeing NPCs use it.

One morph did apply a low dmg DoT after the cc ended, yes. No heals tho as far as i remember.
  • RighteousBacon
    RighteousBacon
    ✭✭✭✭
    But... But, Grim Focus?

no. but if you have played magnb you would know that a pure caster playstyle has very little burst.
    sub assult, bb, potl... nb has not much burst due to the burst being over 4gcds or so. makes it easy to avoid.

Because nightblade has cloak
  • JinxxND
    JinxxND
    ✭✭✭✭
    They just need to buff the kit, not add new skills nb had burst before they took away a bunch of stuff like fracture, minor berserk, defile, and added cast times, if you want c frags and curse go play magsorc, nb esp magnb was never meant to be easy mode
    Edited by JinxxND on January 9, 2020 2:52PM
    PC NA -
    'Jinxx - Nightblade
    'Jinxx X Necromancer
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But... But, Grim Focus?

Because nightblade has cloak

You can tell PTS is coming up. Most pvpers know how BS this is, but as soon as PTS is close you get the ‘BUT CLOAK’ posts all the time.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭

this BTFOs OP
    burst should never be easy to get especially given the amount of lag in ESO that regularly puts a 2 second handicap on being able to react to burst damage.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    heavier wrote: »

this BTFOs OP
    burst should never be easy to get especially given the amount of lag in ESO that regularly puts a 2 second handicap on being able to react to burst damage.

So you're saying nerf magsorc then? Because Curse/Frags/Wrath with one or 2 Streaks thrown in is brain-dead easy & more lethal than anything my magblade can do.

The fact that other classes have combos like the one above (and NBs don't) makes it difficult for me to believe that NBs even have the biggest potential for burst — but if I'm overlooking a combo I can hit as a magblade that can land 3 powerful skills simultaneously, I'd love to hear it.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

thoughts?

While I do find this interesting, I don't think it's the route I would take.

If we're buffing Mark I would rather see Major Berserk granted when the Mark ends or is purged in addition to when the target dies.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

this BTFOs OP

So you're saying nerf magsorc then? Because Curse/Frags/Wrath with one or 2 Streaks thrown in is brain-dead easy & more lethal than anything my magblade can do.

The fact that other classes have combos like the one above (and NBs don't) makes it difficult for me to believe that NBs even have the biggest potential for burst — but if I'm overlooking a combo I can hit as a magblade that can land 3 powerful skills simultaneously, I'd love to hear it.

They don’t, I’m pretty sure magblade is number 4 on the list. Magwarden would be higher too but don’t have the tools to global someone without meteor and northern storm’s too good to give up. MagDK I don’t know where to rank.

I’m positive magnecro and magsorc are higher, and pretty sure magtemplar is. People just don’t seem to be able to adapt to changes and like repeating old crap on the forums that’s outdated.

Next will be, ‘But cloak’.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 10, 2020 12:40AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • heavier
    heavier
    ✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »

this BTFOs OP

I actually think magsorc is okay in terms of damage output, but they are way too tanky.
    Also their sustain is not remotely linked to the amount of Combat Action they take. They can teleport, be a damage sponge, and a cannon all in one stroke, and if that fails (somehow), they can do it all again the next second.
    Ideally stamblade would have the highest ratio of burst potential to tankiness
    Stamblade's burst potential would only reach its fullest on completely naked targets. Targets unable to respond to stun because they have no stamina.
    Magblade comes to me as the ultimate assassin class, not something that should thrive in group combat or against proper counterplay from someone is well built and whose only interest is survival.
    I definitely could see Stamblade being the ultimate 1v1 class.
    Edited by heavier on January 10, 2020 1:04AM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yup. It wasn't the best CC, but it allowed you to set a combo with meteor/Assa will
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

While I do find this interesting, I don't think it's the route I would take.

If we're buffing Mark I would rather see Major Berserk granted when the Mark ends or is purged in addition to when the target dies.

Magnb especially Needs help but 25% Major berserk uptime might be a bit much, granting berserk when mark Ends would also probably end up granting berserk each time you recast it on the same target knowing zos.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.