The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Clearing out Imperial City

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hey fellow eso players,

Hope you are having a nice gaming night

Now to my question is, I wish to clear this Imperial City and looking for some instructions

Played Cyrodiil since the beginning of my journey, so I went with PvP gear ofc but this made killing daedra difficult. Sigh.

And the area seems to be dead.
I only saw a few players during my time, killed, got killed etc but constant daedra killing in a depressive environment like sewers already boring that in PvP gear it is extra boring.
I dont fancy dungeons much except achievements again, and it felt like an endless dungeon.

So I am thinking, would it be better to go with PvE gear to clear out the bosses? Like all crit and etc. Are they even killable solo if I go with PvE gear?

How did you clear this zone achievements?

I believe if I finish the PvE achievements, I can get back to kill 100 players etc types later on but there are so many things that I am getting dizzy

Extra question: During Midyear Mayhem, will the zone get any crowded so can get the achievements? I mean do PvErs bother to come down etc

Ps. I dont care about Tel Var stones

Ps. Magsorc
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The IC bosses can be soloed - they are basically difficult world bosses. The tight corridors of the sewers can make it hard to fight the sewer banner bosses. It may be easier to pair up with someone else who wants to do the achievements to get the kills.

When I played there regularly during mostly dead times, I tended to wear PVE sets in Impen trait to kill the mobs without being completely squishy vs gankers. Imperial Physique can be a good IC-specific set, but there is some serious risk/reward to using that set effectively.

IC does get busier during Midyear Mayhem as people achievement farm there, but the busiest time of the year is during the Imperial City event. That's a good time to fight players and do fights where you probably want a group like the Barathrum Centrata event and possibly some of the bosses.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The IC bosses can be soloed - they are basically difficult world bosses. The tight corridors of the sewers can make it hard to fight the sewer banner bosses. It may be easier to pair up with someone else who wants to do the achievements to get the kills.

When I played there regularly during mostly dead times, I tended to wear PVE sets in Impen trait to kill the mobs without being completely squishy vs gankers. Imperial Physique can be a good IC-specific set, but there is some serious risk/reward to using that set effectively.

IC does get busier during Midyear Mayhem as people achievement farm there, but the busiest time of the year is during the Imperial City event. That's a good time to fight players and do fights where you probably want a group like the Barathrum Centrata event and possibly some of the bosses.

That is actually a great idea. I can craft 5 impen Julianos. :)

Maybe because it is an old DLC it is not so popular anymore, I need to find other new players like me who didn't clear it. That is why I am hoping that people will come down, so I can tag along with them to clear the zone :)
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    - pve quests can be cleared solo, you'll get repeatable versions just after.
    - most bosses marked on map can be soloed,
    - most bosses walking on surface can be soloed also,
    - a 'survivability' build (think vet Maelstrom Arena) will help a lot
    - you may find help for surface bosses and barathum centrala thing by asking for Tel Var stones farming group (even if you don't care, these give access to valuable and sellable things)

I actually never saw one of these rare scamps, no idea how to get related achievements.

During Midyear Mayhem... well, there's a bit more people, but most achievements are tied to Cyrodiil, not IC.
    There is an IC-dedicated event, at that time, the place is way more dangerous (especially the Arena).
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MerguezMan wrote: »
    - pve quests can be cleared solo, you'll get repeatable versions just after.
    - most bosses marked on map can be soloed,
    - most bosses walking on surface can be soloed also,
    - a 'survivability' build (think vet Maelstrom Arena) will help a lot
    - you may find help for surface bosses and barathum centrala thing by asking for Tel Var stones farming group (even if you don't care, these give access to valuable and sellable things)

I actually never saw one of these rare scamps, no idea how to get related achievements.

During Midyear Mayhem... well, there's a bit more people, but most achievements are tied to Cyrodiil, not IC.
    There is an IC-dedicated event, at that time, the place is way more dangerous (especially the Arena).

I meant "I dont care" as in, it is ok if I get killed, I am used to it from Cyrodiil :D
    I am just looking for an efficient pve clearing build first (obviously it will make me vulnerable but), then I can try to hunt other players if I can find 100 of them ofc :p
    I assume Arena is the middle where you can duel with other players, still haven't checked it but Maelstrom build with impen might solve the boss issue:)

Ps. I killed those scamps on first run, 1 is glowing and the other is cunning I think :)
    Edited by Cirantille on January 8, 2020 7:14PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The arena is the one in the Arena district. Think like a roman colosseum.

The sewer center is for the Barathrum Centrata event where you fight Molag Bal's simulacrum.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The arena is the one in the Arena district. Think like a roman colosseum.

The sewer center is for the Barathrum Centrata event where you fight Molag Bal's simulacrum.

Yes! My social guild decided to go to sewers so I tagged along with them. So we cleared two alliance zones hopefully other one later. Bosses are indeed not difficult.

But... these guys, they are like double bosses o.O

Can't imagine trying to take them down by myself

200px-ON-npc-Tarkatix_of_the_Crimson_Blade.jpg
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »
    But... these guys, they are like double bosses o.O

Can't imagine trying to take them down by myself

200px-ON-npc-Tarkatix_of_the_Crimson_Blade.jpg

I think they are designed to be a threat and make you panic.

The worst move when you meet one is to run away. It will chase you, and there are good chances you would run into other enemies. Unless you know where you're going and/or have an exit door nearby (this implies you have a few seconds to open the door before he reaches you).

Most of the time, you can avoid those by just sneaking. If you do want to solo face one of those, you need a tanky build (as I told previously, vMA builds would help).
    Edited by MerguezMan on January 12, 2020 1:57PM
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't go for achievements, so I'm hazy on what you need to do, but I'll say this: A PvP build and an IC PvE build aren't mutually exclusive. I solo farm the upstairs bosses with any of my PvP builds in about 5 minutes. A full PvE rotation could cut the time substantially, but is not required. The only thing harder are possibly the innermost walking bosses in the sewers. Everything else is a cakewalk, including the sewer bosses that are in fixed locations. Talking about full CP characters in CP campaign.

Do you even need AOE? If it's merely specific boss achievements and scamps you're after, can you not just streak, stun and ignore everything else along your way?

A standard way of building sorc is to simply magicka stack for shields and damage. Light armor, all Impen, Necropotence + Alfiq or Bright Throat's. Monster helm of choice (Bloodspawn, cough). Large shields, perfect for PvP and tanking bosses, high damage, perfect for PvP and PvE.

I don't play sorc enough to say what's good for AOE PvE. Probably a pet sorc with Lightning Splash and destro ult, but I don't know. Crit Surge for the healing, Streak or BoL to get around or away from players. Lightning Form. Invisibility potions, when you've streaked far enough away, if you really just want to avoid players. Lightning heavy attacks, but maybe the best thing you can do, if you have it, is use a Master lightning staff, with which you get a cheap 10K tootip AOE as your spammable. Other than that, I guess Impulse spam is easy mode. I keep forgetting that exists :p.

Don't go for Julianos. Give yourself at least some PvP capability by stacking into magicka instead for the shields - for the bosses as well - and use Impen gear.

I do the upstairs bosses with my light armor "zero resistances" magblade and just 20K health. It's fine when you know the mechanics, but to make it a little more comfortable and avoid one shots, I switch to 1x Chudan, 1x Pirate monster pieces. Some of the sewer flag bosses might require more resistances to avoid one shots, though I'm not sure. Armor Master is an option there. I would probably use a pure magicka stacking and shield stacking setup, with a Necro + Armor Master setup as your backup option. To run Necro, you probably want at least the Twilight for the crazy heal otherwise just use something like Bright-Throat's + Alfiq as your default setup.

Use an Infused weapon with a Prismatic enchant. It does a ton of damage against daedra, such as the bosses.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB