The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

GOLDEN CLOVER BEGINNERS GUIDE

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LuckyLuke wrote: »
    Great suggestion to bind T to ultimate, just remember to make sure you re-bind the quest cycle key otherwise the death recap becomes unbound. See this conversation for details:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/162156/binding-your-death-recap-toggle-key

ty will add
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome work, thank you. Would you mind if I added this to our guild website?
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love it if you use this, thanks man.
    One request, please keep this link as I constantly improve the guide.
  • Mathius_Mordred
    Mathius_Mordred
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would love it if you use this, thanks man.
    One request, please keep this link as I constantly improve the guide.

Awesome, thanks, will link back here when I've added it.
    Skyrim Red Shirts. Join us at https://skyrimredshirts.co.ukJoin Skyrim Red Shirts. We welcome all, from new players to Vets. A mature drama free social group enjoying PVE questing, Dungeons, trials and arenas. Web, FB Group & Discord. Guild Hall, trial dummy, crafting, transmutation, banker & merchant. You may invite your friends. No requirements
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recommending 5 Kagrenacs to beginners -- for what kind of gameplay?

Recommending 6-8 trait crafted sets -- how do you envision them getting them?

Firstly - thanks for reading and thanks for asking:

I forgot that I'm going to have to justify many things but believe me I am not married to any of the points to such an extent that I will not gladly update it with better info or protocol if any comes to light after interrogation by collective knowledge of the the community.

The set in question:

Kagrenac's Hope
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus
    (2 items) Adds 1096 Maximum Magicka
    (3 items) Adds 129 Magicka Recovery
    (4 items) Adds 1206 Maximum Health
    (5 items) Adds 222 Spell Damage & Decreases the time it takes to resurrect an ally by 25%. When you successfully resurrect an ally, you restore 1720 Magicka.

I prefer beginners, IE level 10-160, WEARING Kag's with a TRAINING trait for the following reasons:

1) It's craftable so armour can be crafted in it's ideal armor traits for a light armor user (Heavy chest, Med Hands and the rest light)
    2) It's core bonuses boost all the stats that are core to a magicka user and especially 2 things that a new (non CP) player encounters a lot low health, dead buddies and being out of magicka.
    3) The 6-8 trait sets are crafted for them by a crafter within the guild.
    4) The kind of gameplay is anything a newbie would get up to level to 160. (Had a newbie do vCoA1 for his IG MS and died quite a bit, afterward I asked him what gear he was running. Turned out he was playing with a white level 30 set I had crafted for him waaay back. lol)
    5) The idea behind your first level 10 set is that you run it to about level 30 after which they supply the matts to upgrade the set.
    6) By this time the new player will have researched at least 2-3 traits and they will be able to craft their own set using
    5pc Initiate Axiom (especially relevant for sorc who use mundo class skills)
    5pc Seducer
    2pc Magicka jewelry set from any dolmen

Please see POINT 9 in the guide:

9. CRAFT YOUR OWN GEAR EARLY ON!

_____RESEARCH THE RIGHT THINGS_____

Follow these suggestions and you will be able to craft a 2 full bonus sets within one week! You need to research gear traits to craft your own gear. Set stations unlock according to the amount of traits you have researched per item.

IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU DO NOT JUST RESEARCH ANY RANDOM AVAILABLE ITEM.

_____MAGICA USERS_____

Research TRAINING & DIVINE on all LIGHT GEAR FIRST
    Research INFUSED & SHARPENED & NIRHONED on their LIGHTNING & FLAME STAFF First
    Research TRAINING, DIVINE & INFUSED on HEAVY CHEST; HEAD & LEGS GEAR FIRST

_____FULL CRAFTABLE SETS BY A NEW PLAYER_____
    Research items either picked up, bought or crafted by fellow guildies.

_____MAGICA CHARACTER (Low traits required) _____

Five piece INITIATE AXIOM (2 trait set)
    - Lightning Staff (infused trait with flame glyph)
    - Flame Staff (infused trait with Magic Damage/Magica restore glyph)
    - Heavy Chest (training trait with Max Magica glyph)
    - Heavy Legs (training trait with Max Magica glyph) (or head or shoulders or feet)
    - Light Arms (training trait with Max Magica glyph)

Note: we use 5L 2H until the player has levelled to the first undaunted passive where wearing 5/1/1 becomes beneficial.

Five piece ARMOR OF THE SEDUCER (3 trait set)
    - Light Head (training trait with Max Magica glyph)
    - Light Shoulders (training trait with Max Magica glyph)
    - Light Waist (training trait with Max Magica glyph)
    - Light Feet (training trait with Max Magica glyph)
    - Necklace in Arcane (Arcane trait with Spell damage glyph)

Two Withered hand rings from Alik'r dolmens
    OR
    Two Thorugs Pact crafted rings (Spell damage glyph) if you have a crafter available

Rather long winded but I attempted to answer as fully as possible to the pondering that went into the balance of the set with the needs of the newbie. I would glady welcome other options or opinions.

Cheers
    Marius

I dont necessarily think he was asking why Kags, but how are they going to get Kag's. It's 8 trait and you have to do the entire Fighter's guild line to unlock the Earth Forge. The Fighter's guild line isn't necessarily the hard part but grinding 8 traits on 5 pieces of gear is a good month minimum of researching with fully unlocked passives. And if you want to get a guildy to make it , it is not cheap for a newcomer.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

I forgot that I'm going to have to justify many things but believe me I am not married to any of the points to such an extent that I will not gladly update it with better info or protocol if any comes to light after interrogation by collective knowledge of the the community.

The set in question:

Kagrenac's Hope
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus
    (5 items) Adds 222 Spell Damage & Decreases the time it takes to resurrect an ally by 25%. When you successfully resurrect an ally, you restore 1720 Magicka.

I prefer beginners, IE level 10-160, WEARING Kag's with a TRAINING trait for the following reasons:

1) It's craftable so armour can be crafted in it's ideal armor traits for a light armor user (Heavy chest, Med Hands and the rest light)
    2) It's core bonuses boost all the stats that are core to a magicka user and especially 2 things that a new (non CP) player encounters a lot low health, dead buddies and being out of magicka.
    4) The kind of gameplay is anything a newbie would get up to level to 160. (Had a newbie do vCoA1 for his IG MS and died quite a bit, afterward I asked him what gear he was running. Turned out he was playing with a white level 30 set I had crafted for him waaay back. lol)
    5) The idea behind your first level 10 set is that you run it to about level 30 after which they supply the matts to upgrade the set.
    6) By this time the new player will have researched at least 2-3 traits and they will be able to craft their own set using
    5pc Seducer

Follow these suggestions and you will be able to craft a 2 full bonus sets within one week! You need to research gear traits to craft your own gear. Set stations unlock according to the amount of traits you have researched per item.

_____MAGICA USERS_____

- Heavy Legs (training trait with Max Magica glyph) (or head or shoulders or feet)

Note: we use 5L 2H until the player has levelled to the first undaunted passive where wearing 5/1/1 becomes beneficial.

OR
    Two Thorugs Pact crafted rings (Spell damage glyph) if you have a crafter available

Rather long winded but I attempted to answer as fully as possible to the pondering that went into the balance of the set with the needs of the newbie. I would glady welcome other options or opinions.

Cheers
    Marius

I dont necessarily think he was asking why Kags, but how are they going to get Kag's. It's 8 trait and you have to do the entire Fighter's guild line to unlock the Earth Forge. The Fighter's guild line isn't necessarily the hard part but grinding 8 traits on 5 pieces of gear is a good month minimum of researching with fully unlocked passives. And if you want to get a guildy to make it , it is not cheap for a newcomer.

You will see the alternate is ColdHarbors Favourite, so the point is mute.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

The set in question:

Kagrenac's Hope
    LEVEL 50 - CP 160
    Type Craftable
    Set bonus

5pc Seducer

_____MAGICA USERS_____

OR

Cheers
    Marius

Also to be more specific, there is a difference in the sets you can make for yourself as a new player and sets a full 9 trait crafter can craft for you. Kag tables are not uncommon in guild homes.
    Edited by marius_buys on July 30, 2019 10:11PM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    Use two sets of square brackets [] around the word spoiler in the first set in front of the first stuff you need to hide; and the word /spoiler (yes, with the forward slash in front) in the second set of brackets at the end of the stuff you need to hide.

Yeah, that's a crap explanation, because you can't just "example" it as the forum software "does" what you post.... So if I did the actual.... you wouldn't see anything.

Now, that said, at the very bottom of the posting pane, you can see "You can use BBCode in your post." BBCode within that statement is a link. Click on it, and you will probably see a better explanation of how to spoiler something.

Finally came up with the idea to put everything in spoilers as a seperate post especially for mobile users. Sorry it took a while but thays just how I process, slow and with my best editing many times after my OP.
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated with this link

- uesp
    https://esosales.uesp.net/viewSales.php
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    updated

SETTING UP YOUR IN-GAME SKILLS ADVISOR
    Press "K"
    Left click the settings gear "ADVISOR SETTINGS"
    Select the class option for:
    - Beginner
    - Magica DD (light armor)
    - Stamina DD (medium armor)
    - Tank (heavy armor)
    - Healer (light armor)
    - Advisor off
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    added

ELDER SCROLLS ONLINE REDDIT
    https://www.reddit.com/r/elderscrollsonline/

• marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added somefhing for the murderous, pickpocketing thieves...
    https://youtu.be/J8EZQAmB05E
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't read this, I can't attest to the veracity of your method, but I would suggest putting things in spoilers to make sections easier to access for people, especially those on mobile.

ok ok I have finally succumbed, tyvm for the advice :)
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The section on BIS training gear needs an update

I currently use 5 New Moon Accelyte, 5 Ancient Dragonguard and either
    2 Mechanical Aquity for stamina
    or
    2 Thorugs Pact for Magica

If the player is very new in MMO I drop NMA for Cold Harbors Favourite

What do you use?
    Speaking specifically to guild crafters helping new players.
    Edited by marius_buys on January 8, 2020 5:53AM
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Improved the wording of section 2

_____ FORTH CHOICE_____

JOIN THE THREE MAIN IN-GAME GUILDS
    (As well as the Psijic Order if you own Summerset)
    The guilds are faction related and are located in different towns depending on the faction.

ALDMERI DOMINION
    At VUKELGUARD in AURIDON
    jointhe Fighters guild, Mages guild and Undaunted guild.
    Turuk Redclaws can be found upstairs in the Salted Wings Tavern

DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    At DAGGERFALL in GLENUMBRA
    join the the Fighters guild, Mages guild and Undaunted guild.
    Mighty Mordra can be found downstairs in The Rosy Lion

EBONHEART PACT
    At DAVON'S WATCH in STONEFALLS
    join the Fighters guild, Mages guild and Undaunted guild
    Kailstig the Axe can be found sitting just inside The Fish Stink Tavern

JOIN A PLAYERS GUILD...
    with a voice channel for advice, crafted gear and general help. Use guild finder to search.

... AND ASK FOR A GUILDIE TO MAKE YOU TRAINING GEAR (YOU MUST PROVIDE THE MATERIAL)
    It's just good form to provide the materials which you can just pick up as ore (for metal items), wood (for bows & staves) or clothing plants (for light & medium armor) and jewelry.
    If the crafter is REALLY nice he will craft you jewelry. The basic rule of thumb is to provide 20 raw items for each white and un-glyphed crafted piece.
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Someone has a lot of time on their hands. So do you sit arround all-day thinking about this stuff? And then writing about it? This is perfect for people who can't figure out the game. Thankfully I was able to figure out the game by simply playing it.
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has a lot of time on their hands. So do you sit arround all-day thinking about this stuff? And then writing about it? This is perfect for people who can't figure out the game. Thankfully I was able to figure out the game by simply playing it.

yup
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Added
    ESO NiCHE
    ESO RADIO - LORECASTS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeJqB298_K0
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    How do I make voice chat work on discord? I have discord on my mobile phone does voice chat work there to or does it have to be on the same pc as the game is/?
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How do I make voice chat work on discord? I have discord on my mobile phone does voice chat work there to or does it have to be on the same pc as the game is/?

Discord works fine on most smartphones
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Updated some starters videos
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOOST XP GAIN LIKE THIS:
    * Gold Armor & Weapons with training trait (stacks per item IE 9 x 11% bonus XP on Gold gear gives +99% extra)
    * Group of 2 (+10% extra)
    * Group of 3 (+5% extra)
    * ESO plus Member (+10% extra)
    * Ring of Mara (+10% extra)
    * War torte (+ 50% / +100% / +150% extra to your Alliance War Tree skills)
    * XP Potion or scroll (+ 50% / +100% / +150% extra)
    * Use Festival 100% XP boosts (They stack with above xp potions & scrolls)(+100% extra)
    * Do your random daily dungeon & battleground in enlightened phase
    * Read books to level skills
    * Have a strong player help you level in Skyreach Catacombs in Craglorn
    * Tag along with strong players running a public dungeon, world or boss farm
    * Do the Alik'r Dolmen run, type "LFG" in zone chat
    * Find a leveling group at any Zombie location (Indicated by a coffin)
    * Do the Spell Scar Wayshrine XP farm in Craglorn with a buddy or you can easily go alone or find players there.
    * Do the Black Rose Prison Run on normal in a group of two