The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

New Player: How is this for my starter CP 160 gear?

Bullvinne
Bullvinne
Soul Shriven
So I have been planning my crafted starter CP160 gear for my Stam Warden and was wondering what yall thought of the following.

PVE:
5pc Hundings (DPS): Jewelry & Weapons (2h & Bow)
5pc Medium Shacklebreaker (Sustain): Body
2pc Heavy Daring Crusader (Sustain): Head & Shoulders
--- Divines on armor, Max Stam/Stam Regen/or Wep Damage on Jewelry, Nirnhoned on weapons

PVP:
5pc Hundings (Same set as above but Bow becomes Sword & Board)
5pc Heavy Death's Wind (PVP Defensive Set): Body
2pc Medium Daring Crusader (Sustain): Head & Shoulders
--- Impen on armor & Shield, Nirnhoned on weapons

Thoughts? Of course I will start getting better dropped sets but I think this is a solid starting point.

P.S. How expensive is it to go from Superior to Epic on gear? From Epic to Legendary? Just wondering on what costs that incur

P.S.S I am also contemplating New Moon Acolyte over Hundings. Should I worry about the downside?
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    Those look reasonable for starter gear...pretty well rounded. I haven’t tried New Moon much. On a Warden, I’d be leery of the increased cost. I have a bit more resource management issues with Warden than some others. But you could test the two in blue gear...just some basic Pve, should give you insight into whether the de buff hurts.

It’s hard to quote prices if we don’t know which server. I’m on ps4 NA, so I can give you a rough idea there. About 800 per purple armor mat...5k for gold...on armor and weapons. Jewelry is running 25k purple, 60k gold (but I haven’t looked in a month).

Generally, the jump from purple to gold is pretty minimal. It’ll add up and definitely makes a difference...but don’t feel like you have to upgrade until you’re really comfortable with the setup. What does make a fair bit of difference is weapons...the increase in weapon power from purple to gold is pretty huge.

• blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    Unless you are flush with cash and/or jewelry crafting resources, it might be better to save those for crafting better sets later on.

For a fairly inexpensive setup for PVE, I would recommend 5 Hundings and 4 Morkuldin for the body and weapons and then purchase 3 piece Agility jewelry with Healthy trait from a guild store. With less than 300 CP your health is going to be low even with food and the Healthy trait jewelry will help that. It is also super cheap, around 1000 gold for a purple ring on PC-NA right now.

Also, for PVE, infused is the preferred trait for the bow so that you can use Endless Hail/Arrow Barrage to proc your backbar enchant while on your frontbar.
  • Bullvinne
    Bullvinne
    Soul Shriven
    Those look reasonable for starter gear...pretty well rounded. I haven’t tried New Moon much. On a Warden, I’d be leery of the increased cost. I have a bit more resource management issues with Warden than some others. But you could test the two in blue gear...just some basic Pve, should give you insight into whether the de buff hurts.

It’s hard to quote prices if we don’t know which server. I’m on ps4 NA, so I can give you a rough idea there. About 800 per purple armor mat...5k for gold...on armor and weapons. Jewelry is running 25k purple, 60k gold (but I haven’t looked in a month).

Generally, the jump from purple to gold is pretty minimal. It’ll add up and definitely makes a difference...but don’t feel like you have to upgrade until you’re really comfortable with the setup. What does make a fair bit of difference is weapons...the increase in weapon power from purple to gold is pretty huge.

Ah yeah, I am leery of New Moon too... Im on PC NA sorry for not stating.
  • Bullvinne
    Bullvinne
    Soul Shriven
    Unless you are flush with cash and/or jewelry crafting resources, it might be better to save those for crafting better sets later on.

For a fairly inexpensive setup for PVE, I would recommend 5 Hundings and 4 Morkuldin for the body and weapons and then purchase 3 piece Agility jewelry with Healthy trait from a guild store. With less than 300 CP your health is going to be low even with food and the Healthy trait jewelry will help that. It is also super cheap, around 1000 gold for a purple ring on PC-NA right now.

Also, for PVE, infused is the preferred trait for the bow so that you can use Endless Hail/Arrow Barrage to proc your backbar enchant while on your frontbar.

Hmmm, thanks for the suggestions! Morkuldin is fantastic for a 4 piece set. Definitely ticks all of the boxes that Shacklebreaker was for. I am definitely liking that suggestion.

For pvp, I can even seeing going this route, but have two sets of Hundings, one medium for PVE and one Heavy for PVP for those passive bonuses and with the agility jewelry, I should be pretty solid in Defense for pvp...

Thanks for the tip on the bow trait. I didnt know that.
  • ACamaroGuy
    ACamaroGuy
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy New Moon Acolyte. I use this set with Grundwulf and Deadly Strike on my Imperial StamPlar. All medium in divine.
    For the Empire
  • Bullvinne
    Bullvinne
    Soul Shriven
    Here is what I ended up going with based on @blendertoes suggestions.

unknown.png
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you supply the cloth, leather or metal and the purple tempers, you can get most things crafted for free. But still offer a tip. Purple is fine for trying sets out to see if you like the way they play.

Then, once you know, you can upgrade the enchantments. In this case, supply the Kutas. Although, once worn, you have to upgrade the weapons to Gold, you wont be able to give those to a crafter*. If you have a Stamina character, you really can't go wrong with Hundings as one of your sets, so get the Gold Tempers for each weapon and give those to those to the crafter.

*It does not take all that long to Level a Crafting skill to max out the Temper Expertise so you use the least tempers. Grind on some undead mobs and decon all the loot. Then you can upgrade your own gear, even from an Alt
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Rory_FightingToFifty
    I like it...that should work really well. As you hone it, my next steps would be to test if you really need healthy on the jewelry...stam warden heals are pretty huge so that would be one place to get more power if you feel it doesn't make you squishy.

And if you start improving stuff to gold, like I said...the weapons are where you get the most bang. Purple to gold offers like 10% more power, which is a lot. As a very minor tip if you're budget-conscientious...Hundings is a more versatile set that you're likely to use longer or on more characters. If you invest in gold weapons, you might want to swap around pieces to make the weapons Hundings. I did the same thing you did on a character...I made gold Morkuldin then later retired the set while I kept Hundings, so that was sort of a waste.
  • blendertoes
    blendertoes
    ✭✭✭
    If you need help crafting, shoot me a message in game. My account name is the same as my forum name. I am usually on late evening EST.
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use some other enchant on your front bar 2h in the pve build. You can't have weapon damage buff from both front and back bar and the front bar has weaker buff without the infused trait.

Same for the pvp 1h weapon. The buff will be half of the two handed buff and does not stack.
    Edited by Naftal on January 7, 2020 2:53PM
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bullvinne wrote: »
    Here is what I ended up going with based on @blendertoes suggestions.

unknown.png

Wait ...

Wouldn't it be finer to have heavy chest and pants, medium head, all 3 infused, so you'd use them both in pve and pvp ?

And what about prismatic enchants, so you can change healthy traits on jewelry, while still being healthy ?