Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stuck on mainline story quest for two days... God of Schemes still broken.

Vlas
Vlas
✭✭✭
I need a manual advance or reset of this quest.

Cannot quit the quest due to mainline story quest.
Tried log off/on
Tried leaving it for hours/coming back.

I cannot advance until this is resolved.

Ticket: 140407-022​194

xSQtJMx.jpg
  • Vlas
    Vlas
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS, really need you to look into this... getting frustrated and havent had a resolution.

All these god damn unrelated posts on these forums are burying actual issues like this, please clean up the forums as well.
  • Vlas
    Vlas
    ✭✭✭
    Do I need to follow the forum narrative of Sensationalism Requires Immediate Assistance or else I will rain an ungodly heap of tears upon your souls, or can I get a response/fix?
  • gperinazzoub17_ESO
    Also having this problem
    Ticket: 140406-072500
    Been stuck in this for over 2 days.
  • Neo
    Neo
    ✭✭
    Same here, been stuck on this for 2 days now aswell...
  • Ryvyr
    Ryvyr
    ✭✭✭
    Bump~
  • notnicecream
    same happened to me but the marker is above the old guy in harborage. can't talk to him. I've been v1 for almost a week now with nearly nothing to do.
  • Lothire
    Lothire
    Molag Bal is indeed broken for me as well. He needs to be reset, fixed, however it gets done it needs to be addressed. Just like the portals and the groundskeeper before it.
  • Neo
    Neo
    ✭✭
    I can't believe this is still broken, even after maintenance. I'm stuck at talking to the survivors aswell.
  • Vlas
    Vlas
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I was told that a patch would fix it... but most dont release patches on Fridays unless they are ready to work the weekend.

These guys dont care.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    WtF no response at all here??
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS ( the studio) acknowledged this to Vlas in the major issue log thread. But I'm not defending them here; it is taking way too long to fix quest issues in the game, and support communication is not very good.
  • Vlas
    Vlas
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS ( the studio) acknowledged this to Vlas in the major issue log thread. But I'm not defending them here; it is taking way too long to fix quest issues in the game, and support communication is not very good.

Gossi finally sees the light?

O.O

:P
  • GossiTheDog
    GossiTheDog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, it's 50/50. Support for MMOs on launch is, unfortunately, often terrible. WoW dived off a server cliff and Guild Wars 2 didn't even have a support forum on launch. So when people compare it to support with those games now, it's a world away.

What annoys me, frankly, is that ZOS has been working on this game for almost 7 years now, and been in outside beta for a long time, and it's a premium MMO with premium monthly fee. But they haven't got some of the basics right with how to handle support. The server infrastructure itself is actually pretty good (it has handled the load pretty well, and hasn't gone off a cliff since launch) and I like the game a lot. Put simply, what's going to cost this game subscriptions (and so revenue) is this:

Support.
    Support.
    Support.
  • Imwacko
    Imwacko
    I'm still stuck on this quest..
  • Expli
    Expli
    Same here, cant talk to the survivors.

It's awesome sitting at Veteran 1 with nothing to progress..
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    Same here, stuck on this quest.
    Veteran 1 and i cant progress at veteran zones...
  • Getorix
    Getorix
    ✭✭✭
    Ive been able to reset the quest but he just sat there at 0 health again after I beat him down, cant "vanquish" him or advance at all.
  • Lonn87b16_ESO
    Lonn87b16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Try leaving the area by getting into a party, and make sure that the other party member is in an area you have access to, for example, the starting city of your alliance, and just get into the party window and teleport to player, worked twice for my buddy less than an hour ago... I should know, I was the one he teleported to.

After leaving the area, see if abandoning the quest and grabbing it again will help.
  • Recro
    Recro
    Soul Shriven
    My experience with the molag bal quest was pretty lame, I'm re-doing the quest right now but seriously. First, I got his hp to 0 but nothing happened r45ewql5rhn7.bmp
    Then I fell through the map and tried /stuck and relogging, in the end I had to forcefully close the game z1cu0pvaa0hv.bmp
    Once I relogged (after like 3 failed attempts) I got the whole scene with Molag Bal and the "sacrifice of courage" thingy again, but then Molag Bal was just standing there with full hp next to me, and I couldn't attack him or get him to attack me 6tjs7yqc0tj2.bmp
    So that's it, and now I'm redoing the whole thing after teleporting out of Coldharbour and hope it'll work.
  • Avaglaor
    Avaglaor
    ✭✭✭
    Recro wrote: »
    My experience with the molag bal quest was pretty lame, I'm re-doing the quest right now but seriously. First, I got his hp to 0 but nothing happened r45ewql5rhn7.bmp
    Then I fell through the map and tried /stuck and relogging, in the end I had to forcefully close the game z1cu0pvaa0hv.bmp
    Once I relogged (after like 3 failed attempts) I got the whole scene with Molag Bal and the "sacrifice of courage" thingy again, but then Molag Bal was just standing there with full hp next to me, and I couldn't attack him or get him to attack me 6tjs7yqc0tj2.bmp
    So that's it, and now I'm redoing the whole thing after teleporting out of Coldharbour and hope it'll work.

Same here, i have done it 4 times already, it bugs when Molag is at 0 HP.
    No veteran zones, no side quests, no exploration. Just cyrodiil and V1 dungeons until they fix this...

PS: One way to leave the place is to enter Cyrodiil from "L" menu and then you the shrine from there to any map.

• kurtwagner72_ESO
    I have this exact same problem for over a week now. All I can do is grind dailies in Cryodiil and V1 dungeons.
  • Vlas
    Vlas
    ✭✭✭
    I have this exact same problem for over a week now. All I can do is grind dailies in Cryodiil and V1 dungeons.

How did you get into V1 dungeons?
  • escape1979uk
    escape1979uk
    ✭✭
    Add me to the list.

Its been 2 days for me so far, so not as bad as others.
    However my tolerance for this kind of thing has been worn down to nothing by other MMO's sadly, so due to this and many other unrelated reasons, I have already cancelled my sub and will be looking for a refund on the box price.

Shame. It had a lot of promise.
    I'm sure I will pick it up again in several months.
  • Ffolks
    Ffolks
    ✭✭
    Same issue as the OP. Lyris has the quest icon but I cannot interact with her.
  • gperinazzoub17_ESO
    Ask for a refund. They're not manually fixing this (they claim not being able to). Otherwise you'll be stuck for at least another week (support told me they only apply patches on scheduled maintenance days), if they fix it by the next patch.
  • Uniquex
    Uniquex
    If they fix it not in this week i ask for a refund there is no other way thats just ***
    proud member of the Baby Face Bananas Guild

VR12 Caster Nightblade
  • escape1979uk
    escape1979uk
    ✭✭
    Its a Public Holiday on Friday and Monday, so I wouldn't hold my breath for a patch this weekend.
  • Sidney
    Sidney
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bah, can you put a spoiler tag on this please :'(
    >.<_____/
    If you want me to read a post aimed at me, please put @Sidney.
    Please give us tail armor and dyeable tail ribbons.
    Click Here -->Support Dyeable Tail Ribbons<---
    All your mats r belong to Khajiit.
    Click Here -->Support Tail Armor<---
  • Bifista
    Bifista
    ✭✭
    Same here I can't talk to Varen to end the quest. It's been 6 or 7 days that I'm stuck in my progression,