The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What's the best class for an Orc in 2020?

SocialAssassin
SocialAssassin
✭✭✭
I am thinking about playing an Orc? For my next character. I have never played an Orc before, so I would like some recommendations for a class to play and why? Thanks :)
Edited by SocialAssassin on December 31, 2019 5:06AM
“I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • Reedx
    Reedx
    ✭✭✭
    I would go for DK and as Tank
    Maker of Drama & Lover of Roleplay
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamsorc
    at a place nobody knows
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    Whitebeerd wrote: »
    I would go for DK and as Tank

Why a Dragon Knight? Couldn't I be another Class and be a Tank? Like a UW in the Necromancer Class?
    “I’m The Best There Is At What I Do. But What I Do Isn't Very Nice…” - Wolverine/Logan/James Howlett
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Odd question to ask since 2019 ends tomorrow.

But to answer your question, Orsimer is a dream choice for any Stamina DD. You get extra Stam, extra Health, even passive healing while you deal damage, freaking 258 extra weapon damage (not fair..) and you sprint faster than everyone else without buffs. StamSorc, StamBlade, StamPlar, StamDen, StamCro, whatever.
    Edited by ArchMikem on December 31, 2019 5:07AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one man army

exotic-weapons-wayne-reynolds-185846868-1546908477677.jpg?zoom=2&resize=656%2C300&ssl=1

I think orc works well with stam sorc as the speed bonus and health gain synergize well with crit surge and hurricane

Edited by Nemesis7884 on December 31, 2019 5:04AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    one man army

I think orc works well with stam sorc as the speed bonus and health gain synergize well with crit surge and hurricane

Yup. I've seen an Orc StamSorc run a scroll before across Cyrodiil. Dude was truckin.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    stamsORC
    stamDK
    Stamina Warden

and DO NOT LET ANYONE tell you that Nord has better passives
  • SocialAssassin
    SocialAssassin
    ✭✭✭
    So Should I go Medium or Heavy Armor? They have a passive ability with Heavy Armor. Or is that just crafting?
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So Should I go Medium or Heavy Armor? They have a passive ability with Heavy Armor. Or is that just crafting?

Medium
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any stamina
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any stamina, as orc is pretty overperforming in everything right now.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    magicka nightblade. anyone who says otherwise clearly lacks much understanding...
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam warden or stam sorc.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the best class for an Orc in 2020?
    The one where you punch people in the face! :p;)

Yeah, orcs do very well with all the stamina classes, you can go tanky with heavy armor, or DPSy with medium armor, both works nicely.
    Flavor wise... well, Dragonknights work well for orcs, tho the fluff is not that great for them as the draconic influence is stronger among imperials or nords; Sorcerors as "thunder priest" make for a nifty flavor for any kind of orc and the daedric side works well for any "Malacath" backstory; Templars go well as "holy warrior" in the name of Trinimac (or orc exiles that follow the divines) and Wardens of course would be prefect for any "wood orc" setup... sneaky nightblades are not exactly the best for orc "mace in your face" style in any way... and even orcs don't like necromancers very much, but inevitably a great many of them don't give two tugs of a dead donkeys d... uhm... tail... about that.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Orcs are optimized for stamina melee play, and DKs are melee-oriented as well. I presume that's the perceived fit?
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sorc

So it can rhyme :p
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    secret nerf orc thread?
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MagWarden
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamsORC
    stamDK
    Stamina Warden

and DO NOT LET ANYONE tell you that Nord has better passives

The REAL question is...who wins the drinking competition...Orc or Nord...
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stamsOrc
  • Hellsbunnies
    Hellsbunnies
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Odd question to ask since 2019 ends tomorrow.

But to answer your question, Orsimer is a dream choice for any Stamina DD. You get extra Stam, extra Health, even passive healing while you deal damage, freaking 258 extra weapon damage (not fair..) and you sprint faster than everyone else without buffs. StamSorc, StamBlade, StamPlar, StamDen, StamCro, whatever.

You fool! You foooooooooooood! You never say 2020 coming! :O

Most known on PC EU server as The Samurai Pizza Cat.
    Twitter @HellsbunniesTV
  • F22nickell
    F22nickell
    ✭✭✭
    So THIS is the guy/gal who ruined 2020 for the rest of us!
    Fix Wrothgar Relic Hunter for Pete's Sake! ... Until then ... ZOS=POS
  • YstradClud
    YstradClud
    ✭✭✭✭
    I rerolled for the first time since I started playing this game at beta and made a Orc stamina DK. They seem pretty good so far but I can't help thinking I should be a tank instead of a dps playing a DK.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    orc
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Eiagra
    Eiagra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heh, anyone have a year-in-review to answer the OP's necro'd post from the end of 2019?
    Edited by Eiagra on December 8, 2020 10:25AM
          In verity.
  • NEMESIS_97
    NEMESIS_97
    ✭✭✭
    I am thinking about playing an Orc? For my next character. I have never played an Orc before, so I would like some recommendations for a class to play and why? Thanks :)

Any stamdps should be orcs for pve atleast..pvp dunmer is good too..why orc for any stamdps..orcs gives weap dmg+max stam+hp..easy choice..
    Edited by NEMESIS_97 on December 8, 2020 11:00AM
  • Mythreindeer
    Mythreindeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Any stamina DD char: Sorc, DK, NB, Necro or even Templar.

Stamsorc and stamdk are my favs
  • ZOS_Ragnar
    ZOS_Ragnar
    admin
    Hello! We have closed this thread as it was originally posted last year. If you still feel that this topic needs further discussion you are welcome to create a new thread discussing the best classes for specific character races.
    The Elder Scrolls Online - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.