The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Getting back into the Game - Necromancer/Warden

TJGeb180b14_ESO
So I've got an MMO itch and I'm getting back into ESO here to mess around with the new classes (Warden/Necro) so before I go full idiot and have to reset my stats 3 million times, I want to ask what people think of the classes and what they run or if there's some super not so secret build or guide out there I could check out. Or maybe they're trash and I should just make a sorc or some crap.
  • H3IIi0N
    H3IIi0N
    ✭✭
    Like you I usually return to check out the xpacs. To be honest I couldn’t get into warden at all. Currently I am really liking necro.

You can checkout Alcasts builds. Prefer his because he provides options for all player types. The build will suggest different gear based on what you can get & what CP you have.

In contrast to other streamers who play min max everything 24/7 & have all golds & healbots following them. Those builds are unrealistic to me since I play strictly casual and have no interest in raid/trial content.
    Denubis Djinn Dunmer DK - XB1 NA EP
    Derpy Derpwnz Khajit NB - XB1 NA AD
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    For group/solo pve content they’re not bad. I mainly pvp and pve isn’t my thing but here’s my take:

Warden: every 3 abilities use the bugs (shalks or whatever they’re actually called). In PvE everything dies so fast it’s hard to use bugs effectively. Make good tanks, healers and okay dps. In pvp they hit hard but lack an execute so it’s hard to finish people off, you’ll get people to 20% and they’ll get away a lot.

Necro: their core ability is the blastbones and abilities that key around dead bodies. My stamcro is a pve tank and I liked it a lot. They can fill any role, but I think Magdps is lacking.

Both are viable for any roles in pve and their specialty only matters in trials.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 1, 2020 12:19AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a PVE DPS point of view, they’re pretty much opposite ends of the spectrum. Necro is high DPS, with mostly AoE damage, and great group support, but buggy and clunky, while locked into melee range to be competitive and not a great choice for solo content. Warden is on the low end of DPS (but still viable), primarily single target damage, and offers little support (as DPS, Warden healers are excellent support but use almost entirely different skills). Wardens are more refined and smooth to play IMO, as well as the most viable for fully ranged builds and a decent option for solo play.