Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All I want for Christmas (or the New Year)

vuedange
vuedange
Soul Shriven
Dear ZOS,

I know it's after Christmas, but maybe we can set some new years resolutions.

This year, I would like:
- the drop rate of furnishing mats to double,
- furnishing mats in the surveys,
- to be able to spend skill points to get daily furnishing mat deliveries,
- to have a chance of getting furnishing mats when I refine materials,
- more gold option houses,
- 50% more items in every house,
- to be able to put "housing" as a primary guild focus in the guild description for guild finder.

I'm the guild leader of Housing Finest Builders, a housing guild with some extremely talented decorators and builders. I love the building system in ESO and really, really love the structural pieces (floors, walls, posts) you gave us with Elsweyr. I recently told a friend that building in ESO is like LEGO on steroids. But I feel like I'm perpetually short on blocks. I realize that increasing the item limit in houses is problematic, but all my other suggestions should really only affect those of us who are passionate about housing, and would be real improvements to let us give wings to our imaginations!

Seraphie Vuedange
Guild leader, Housing Finest Builders
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of the above and:

seriously reduced crown cost of existing crown houses. Spending $120 on a digital house when you can buy the game (and play it) for next to nothing is insane. If you reduced the prices, I and many others would splurge, I'm sure.

Finally, gold gifting houses like you have for everything else. There *has* to be a way. And when it happens, then you can rest assured your sales of crowns will go up like mad, and sales of homes too.

Edited by StabbityDoom on December 30, 2019 4:33AM
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • Pinoh
    Pinoh
    ✭✭✭
    vuedange wrote: »
    Dear ZOS,
    - the drop rate of furnishing mats to double,
    - furnishing mats in the surveys,
    - more gold option houses,
    - 50% more items in every house,
    - to be able to put "housing" as a primary guild focus in the guild description for guild finder.

Definitely support most of these ideas. Furnishing materials are currently way out of control. The event was poorly thought out and should have been a couple items not a dozen. Not an issue for non housing people I guess, just cleaning out extra materials, but it has had a huge negative effect.

I'd like to see some sort of quality of life fixes as to getting around housing. Sure there are add ons. But visit links should be a default thing for the game. For both chat and guild descriptions. Right click option to put a clickable link for people to visit. One primary house is sort of joke when they sell dozens.

The houses do seem to be a little over priced. And was disappointed they added 4 elsweyr houses; none of which had a gold purchase option. And yeah the number of items is probably a big driver for plus along with the inventory bag. Generally seem to be gouging housing enthusiasts coming and going though. The houses, the furnishings, the small limits.
    come visit my slide at my enchanted snow globe
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes to all of these. I would also like to see some of the various "treasures" be actual furnishings. Things like the Four-Jar Spice Rack, Wooden Building Blocks and many of the other items would be nice to have in houses.
  • MsPotts
    MsPotts
    Soul Shriven
    Crumbs!

Yaaas. My top issue: THE ITEM CAP! We keep getting bigger and bigger homes but the item cap stays the same! I end up having to choose certain areas to focus on and completely block off the other huge parts of the instance! I know it's problematic to up the cap but there's got to be some way to do it.

Also yes to every other thing listed!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, the raise to the item cap doesn't look like it will happen, unless they do a complete 360 on what they have already said.

Otherwise, totally agree.

I would add that:

- unless they do raise the cap, we need more Large houses (as opposed to huge ones), but with the Manor/Notable furnishing limit.

They can still stick them on huge plots, if they want (like the Topal Island), but the buildings themselves should be less enormous than (for example) the Grand Psijic Villa and the Hew's Bane Palace.

- also, as I have mentoned before, we need ways to make multiple versions of basic, small furnishings that, currently, only come as single objects. Like potatoes, beets, radishes, drinking vessels, bottles etc..

Making a 3 potato group count as 1 furnishing (rather than 3) would help a lot to make kitchens feel more lived in, without wasting multiple slots.

- Jubilee Cakes (minus the stands) as furnishings.

• StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    *stomps upon her soap box and shouts at the top of her lungs "NO MORE MOLD." Then steps down*
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would like to see more items that are Crown only, like conservatory plants and flowers, that can be purchased with gold. I feel like I don’t have a lot of options from the various home goods vendors in various zones. Using crowns to decorate would be way too costly.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZoS don't listen to players so it's highly unlikely they will do anything. Elara Northwind, a strong and popular voice in the housing community asked for changes which were sorely needed, and promptly just got ignored. But I guess people can keep asking and maybe, just maybe, they will give us something.
    Edited by AefionBloodclaw on January 1, 2020 7:41AM
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • vuedange
    vuedange
    Soul Shriven
    Tigerseye wrote: »

- also, as I have mentoned before, we need ways to make multiple versions of basic, small furnishings that, currently, only come as single objects. Like potatoes, beets, radishes, drinking vessels, bottles etc..

Making a 3 potato group count as 1 furnishing (rather than 3) would help a lot to make kitchens feel more lived in, without wasting multiple slots.

Oh! I love that idea too! There are indeed a number of furnishings, especially for the kitchen, that could be grouped in that way which would reduce the item limit. The kitchen is one of the biggest item hogs!

Love your other ideas too! Thanks for adding them!
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I really want and have wanted for years now is the Azura Daedric Furnishing Pack.
    I have built my Cathedral to Azura at the Psijic Grand Villa with the sole intent of creating a RP guild and those statues need to be its center piece. All those plans have been on hold while I continue to finesse the decoration.. but I'm starting to get really sad about it. It's starting to affect my interest in the whole project. :(

It's account bound furnishing, so ZOS please just offer it or purchase-able through the editor or something.
    It would make me soooo happy. I'm not sure why its so important to me? but... it is.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."