Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Best alternative to master's bow

Pogues
Pogues
For stamdk pvp build I see master's bow in almost every build. What's the best alternative for someone not doing harder pve? Thanks
Edited by Pogues on December 29, 2019 12:56PM

Best Answers

• technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    A bow from a 5-piece you are wearing.

This. you could always look for single bar sets as well. I run 7th back bar with bow and my armor buff. Frees up a 2 piece spot so 2 full 5 piece sets, a full monster set, then whatever 2 piece you want. Lag does make me want to give that up though as often have to make due on 1 bar.
    Answer ✓
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pogues wrote: »
    Ok thanks, i still feel like i know nothing in this game...not 100% sure how to utilize back bar weapons. Not positive what transfers back to front bar... still researching

Simplest thing to do is a Bow version of whatever weapon set is on front bar. Then your stats/bonuses will be same on both bars.

But that is not the way to maximize your potential stats and bonuses.

Generally, any 5-piece bonus that says "When X happens, you get Y for Z seconds" will transfer from back bar to front bar. For example, "When you cast an ability that increases your Physical or Spell Resistance, you gain 350 Weapon Damage and 350 Health Recovery for 10 seconds." You can have 3 body pieces, a bow on back bar to make it 5 pieces, cast the armor buff ability on back bar, and the stat buff will persist for 10 seconds even if you switch bars. This is an advanced and powerful play tactic because you can have different 5-piece front bar bonus and 5-piece back bar bonus active at same time.

Whereas 5-piece bonuses that are constant, such as, "Adds 2000 Maximum Stamina, Adds 2000 Maximum Magicka", are lost as soon as you bar swap (unless you have same set on front bar weapons).

Another alternative, if you want to keep things simple, is an Agility bow. Bow counts as 2 items and Agility set has the biggest 2-piece stamina bonus in the game.
    Answer ✓
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bow from a 5-piece you are wearing.
  • Pogues
    Pogues
    Ok thanks, i still feel like i know nothing in this game...not 100% sure how to utilize back bar weapons. Not positive what transfers back to front bar... still researching
    Edited by Pogues on December 29, 2019 3:57PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pogues wrote: »
    i still feel like i know nothing in this game...... still researching

as long as you keep doing that, youll be professional and the best in eso.
    stay hungry, this is key.
    allways learning, allways growing.

• notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    A really good alternative is this 2 piece set called “caustic arrow” I hear it’s just as good as the masters now
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    used to be masters bow was 7% dps behind vMA bow. Before the dot nerfs though. Very good alternative for people unable to do the solo content, much easier to get worse players through vDSA
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Seventh Legion, back bar only, is an obvious choice. Blessing of Potentates for a defensive set. Also a possibility: New Moon Accolyte front bar, Seventh Legion back bar and 2x Blessing of Potentates or Agility rings.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Pogues
    Pogues
    Thanks for all the responses, weighing these options vs just going sword and board and replacing poison injection. Couple days playing the dk and i feel pretty squishy. Learning curve vs playing a caster in every game is part of it.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I play my DK 2H + SnB, heavy armor, by the way. Fury both bars. Seventh Legion back bar. Agility or Asylum front bar. Bloodspawn. Steed mundus. Artaeum Takeaway Broth. Lingering + Health + Stam pots. Cauterize. Vigor. Forward Momentum. 1.5K stam regen without buffs. 2K health regen with potion. Leap front bar, 1H+S ult back bar. Insanely tanky, but still does damage. I use Invasion as the gap closer, because I'm used to bar swapping during the gap close. 1H+S enchants are nerfed by half, but you will activate the enchant from the gap closer, even with bar swap, and be right in their face afterwards.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asylum Bow was decent for gank builds and other NB builds.