Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Change Race

DaTuneman
DaTuneman
I have a race change token. My Alliance is Dragon Knight and I want to change to Dark Elf but it won't let me (selection won't highlight). I'm currently a Wood Elf. What gives with that?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have the Any Race, Any Alliance upgrade?

If not, you can only race change within your alliance, or to Imperial if you have it.
    Aldmeri Dominion: Bosmer, Altmer, Khajiit
    Ebonheart Pact: Dunmer, Nord, Argonian
    Daggerfall Covenant: Breton, Redguard, Orc
  • DaTuneman
    DaTuneman

If not, you can only race change within your alliance, or to Imperial if you have it.

I'm a Dragon Knight and my alliance is Wood Elf. I think I'm confusing the race change when I'm trying to change my alliance. So do I need a change alliance card?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaTuneman wrote: »

I'm a Dragon Knight and my alliance is Wood Elf. I think I'm confusing the race change when I'm trying to change my alliance. So do I need a change alliance card?

There is no Alliance or Class change token, @DaTuneman. You can change race, appearance, or character name with a change token.

With race change, you can only change to Nord or Argonian from Dark Elf ... without the “Any Race Any Alliance” unlock. With “Any Race Any Alliance” unlocked, you can change to any race at any time with a token ... including Wood Elf.

There is also the option of starting a new character in your Class/Race/Alliance of choice ... while still keeping your current character.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DaTuneman wrote: »

You can tell which alliance you are by opening the character sheet and looking at the symbol next to your name. An Eagle is AD, Dragon is EP, and Lion is DC.

There is no Alliance change. So if your Bosmer is currently Aldmeri Dominion, they will remain Aldmeri Dominion no matter which race you change them to. Even if you bought "Any Race, Any Alliance" and changed them to a Pact race, that character will remain in the original alliance.

So the only way to join EP if you are not already is to create a new character and choose the Pact at the character creation menu.
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clear up any confusion.

Your Race is Wood Elf. Your Class is Dragon Knight. Your Alliance is Aldmeri Dominion.

By default, each race can be created in only one Alliance. You were correct about wanting to Race Change.

In the Special Offers category of the crown store, there is a bundle called Any Race, Any Alliance that will remove these race restrictions. After you have this bundle, you can change your Wood Elf to a Dark Elf.
  • DaTuneman
    DaTuneman
    Aisleyne wrote: »
    To clear up any confusion.

Your Race is Wood Elf. Your Class is Dragon Knight. Your Alliance is Aldmeri Dominion.

By default, each race can be created in only one Alliance. You were correct about wanting to Race Change.

In the Special Offers category of the crown store, there is a bundle called Any Race, Any Alliance that will remove these race restrictions. After you have this bundle, you can change your Wood Elf to a Dark Elf.

ok, I think I have a handle on it. Been playing months now and dam there's a lot to this game. Great help though!!!!
    Thank You All