The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Have you been waiting for the return of the Enchanted Snow Globe Home?

Spearpoint
Spearpoint
✭✭✭
So the Enchanted Snow Globe Home was revealed to us for a little over a year ago, and brought a nice and welcoming new twist to the housing aspect of the game.

This year the homestead have returned, and I'm wondering how many of you that have been awaiting its reappearance, or what it otherwise makes you feel.
Arinwyn ~ Cute Wood Elf Archer
Wardena ~ Frost Wardeness [Died alongside Arctic Blast]
Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
Bomblebee ~ cya'll out there
Bouncing Betty ~ Front Toward Enemy
Spearpoint ~ Jab Them With The Pointy End
Six Feet Above ~ Reapertime!
Bisolar Disorder - Bright & Moody
Django Unleashed ~ Mr. Nordic Bather's Towel
Master Angler ~ Struggles With Ichthyophobia
Ichthyophobia ~ Secretely Dreams of Becoming a Master Angler
Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn

Have you been waiting for the return of the Enchanted Snow Globe Home? 66 votes

Yes. Been waiting for its return, and could (or will) finally purchase it!!
7%
AelorinGarishButterbeansEsoGoingLangdon64 5 votes
Yes. Been waiting for it to come back and to check it out, but not necessarily purchase it. [i]Accidentally falling out of the tower still hurts.[/i]
1%
Nila 1 vote
No. I've already been living in a snow globe for a year!
21%
calitrumanb14_ESOwenchmore420b14_ESOOlauronGuneInaMoonlightShadow_AkulaDrathlyHippie4927Artim_XTigerseyeWatchdogYe_Olde_CroweBuffy121Nevidyra 14 votes
Yes. Gonna party with the snowmen as if the summer comes tomorrow! Everyone is invited! [i](houseowners @playername in the comment below)[/i]
0%
I don't really care, it's not my cup of tea. Actually, celebrating the holiday in a lighthouse is not even my main preference.
6%
katanagirl1Araneae6537Dragonreduxfaeeichenlaub 4 votes
No. Didn't buy it then, and won't buy it now.
18%
SolarikenDaveMoeDeeElsonsobayushi2005ChunkyCatRaddlemanNumber7PuzzlenutsDBZVelenaUrbanMonkJuhasowDonarikaisernick 12 votes
No. As long as it's Crown-purchase only, it's not becoming my property.
18%
theskymoveschuck-18_ESOIruil_ESOG1Countdownkargen27SnowZeniaFreakin_HytteYoshShmenge96SydneyGreyStabbityDoomcolossalvoidsFPH 12 votes
No. I'ld much rather have a cozy Nord Cottage, with actual snow on the roof and drifting around the courtyard, partially covering the windows. Envisioning [s]me[/s] the children sledding down the roof!
24%
ixieJayne_DoePomsTankinatorFRSpearpointLady_Scorp72SturmfaengerTatankoMixithAlinhbo_Tyakaskrvbb10rdAutumnMystbluebirdPhoebeAisleyneIsskander 16 votes
(I'ld purchase it, if [b]I as its mighty landlord[/b] could shake the snow globe, and have everyone and everything but the structures thrown around at will! And the occasional blizzard, of course)
0%
I liek snow gobbles.
3%
RebornV3xTheImperfect 2 votes
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    No. I'ld much rather have a cozy Nord Cottage, with actual snow on the roof and drifting around the courtyard, partially covering the windows. Envisioning [s]me[/s] the children sledding down the roof!
    Apparantly the typographical emphasis didn't work out. For the sake of this Nord I met yesterday, just pretend that it does.

Edited by Spearpoint on December 10, 2019 3:15PM
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Lol Brb

"Today we make our stand. Today we take back the Ruby Throne, which is ours by ancient right and the blessings of the Divines. Stand with us." — Queen Ayrenn
  • kaisernick
    kaisernick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the idea of a lighthouse home and i adore the colovian style.
    But i hate the snow globe idea and i just cannot get past that to warrent buying such a home.
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They screwed the pooch with this. The snow globe should have been a collectible furnishing item you place in all of your other houses so you can have a house inside a house.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was looking forward to it's return because I thought I might buy it this year. But, I looked at it again and while I think the exterior is quite lovely - not counting the ugly lighthouse - the interior layout is terrible!

I still don't understand why they decided to put an Imperial lighthouse in the snow globe rather than a cozy Nord cottage. I also still don't appreciate that it's crowns only, when the Exorcised Cottage had a gold option.

It is, however, a pretty good buy as far as cost goes - it's fairly large for the price tag and comes with 300/600 item slots. But the house itself is just bad and so not worth the crowns to me. I would have bought it for gold, though, even with all of its problems, but definitely not for crowns.

And it's a shame, because I really wanted to like it.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really care, it's not my cup of tea. Actually, celebrating the holiday in a lighthouse is not even my main preference.
    Not my cup of sujamma. It may be the only ESO house I wouldn’t be interested in even if it were free; I might be able to build over / disguise / repurpose aspects of other homes that aren’t to my taste, but there is no changing that this one is in a snow globe, and for me that breaks with the particular fantasy world and is too gimmicky.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on December 10, 2019 7:10PM
  • Isskander
    Isskander
    ✭✭
    Was thinking hardly to buy it .. even waiting some time for it but after thinking about placement some furnitures maked me feel like layout is messed up and too raw and incommodious inside even if trying putting many efforts to make it nicer ...

When comming to house i always wish to make it cozy calm and relaxing after hours of wandering ..
    This house unfortunetly won't do :(
    Old Manor in Rift still the best for that in my opinion..
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like it quite a bit, but I have yet to fully decorate the handful of rooms and homes I have. When Homestead first released I got put off by the massive resource sink needed to learn and craft furnishings and never really recovered the initial excitement (though I think ESO housing is hands-down the best MMO system I've seen yet, other than the big RL and game resource costs involved). There is no realistic reason for me to drop funds on more of them.

If this ever becomes my main game I'll invest more heavily in housing.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, I’ve seen one of these decorated very nicely, but it’s just not on my list of must-have houses
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    need to select multiple answers. I already own the snow globe but also i want a Nord cottage. I love Nord architecture.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. As long as it's Crown-purchase only, it's not becoming my property.
    I refuse to buy it with real money. I was very disappointed that we can't get it with in-game currency.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    kaisernick wrote: »
    I love the idea of a lighthouse home and i adore the colovian style.
    But i hate the snow globe idea and i just cannot get past that to warrent buying such a home.
    I agree. Just want to point out that the lighthouse is Nibenese style, not Colovian :) We need more Nibenese style homes, and I was disappointed to find out this one was rather niche when it debuted.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love my Snowglobe!

I wasn't really inspired, at first, so I waited and have now decorated it with mainly Elsweyr furnishings (and a little Alinor, Redguard and High Elf) and it works pretty well.

The Elsweyr sconces work really well with the Imperial architecture, for example.

It would be even better with 700 slots and a room half way up the tower, as I would like to put owner accomodation up there (it's a Trattoria/restaurant), but it's still a great little house.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 11, 2019 1:08PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Donari wrote: »
    I like it quite a bit, but I have yet to fully decorate the handful of rooms and homes I have. When Homestead first released I got put off by the massive resource sink needed to learn and craft furnishings and never really recovered the initial excitement (though I think ESO housing is hands-down the best MMO system I've seen yet, other than the big RL and game resource costs involved). There is no realistic reason for me to drop funds on more of them.

If this ever becomes my main game I'll invest more heavily in housing.

Well, you don't have to spend much real life money (if anything) on furniture, to be fair.

Almost everything is craftable/buyable, in game.

For example, in my snowglobe (excluding ESO+ figurines), out of 600 items, there are only eleven types of items (more than one, of a few of them) that are Crown Store-only and none of them are essential to obtain the overall look.

That is taking into account a few Christmas items, as well.

If you didn't bother with them, it would be even fewer.

They are:

1. A couple of different plants (Cannas and Potted Palms), which are relatively inexpensive and could be replaced with other plants. Think you can buy the palms separately and put them in the same pots, anyway, but I had these already (bought them on sale) and they save on slots.
    2. A music box, which is nice, but non-essential.
    3. An Imperial fountain, which is not at all necessary (I splurged a bit!) and could be replaced with an in-game one (for example, the Alinor one), or removed entirely.
    4. A couple of Elsweyr statues, from a pack (ditto).
    5. A Christmas tree, wreaths, garlands and a snowman, from a pack - again nice, but not really essential. My Snowglobe is not really a Christmas themed house - it's more like a regular restaurant that has been (fairly sparingly) decorated for Christmas.
    6. Some cutlery, which could easily be replaced with in-game cutlery. I just wanted this, as it is extremely inexpensive and silver coloured, rather than the brown, Redoran wooden cutlery I can craft. So, shows more against the wooden tables.
    7. A couple of paintings - I got it furnished for the paintings, as (scarily!) it's cheaper than buying paintings separately (Crown Store paintings are really overpriced!). They really ought to do "The paintings of [Insert region, here]." packs, with the paintings at less than half normal price each.

I've used more Crown Store items in the Snowglobe than I have in most of my other houses, but it could still be (genuinely) nice without any of it.

Also, you can gift furnishings.

So, you could swap gold for them, if you really wanted some Crown Store stuff and can find a reliable seller.

It would be better if they added a way to swap currency via an automatic, in-game currency exchange, though.

Obviously, you still have to buy, or save, the Crowns for the house itself (in this case) and then find the time to farm gold to buy furnishings from guild stores and/or plans and mats, to make your own.

You also really do need ESO+ (at least temporarily), in my opinion, for the extra slots, to make the most of it, but still.

With a relatively reasonably-priced house (or a gold purchased one, ideally, obviously), other than the expense of ESO+, it doesn't have to cost you that much (if any, in the case of gold purchased, or if you have saved up enough Crowns from ESO+) extra real life money.
    Edited by Tigerseye on December 11, 2019 2:51PM
  • Aelorin
    Aelorin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. Been waiting for its return, and could (or will) finally purchase it!!
    I did regret not buying it. After all, it is a good deal. Did buy it this time around.
    And so the Elder Scrolls foretold.You will be shy, and I will be bold.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liek snow gobbles.
    I didn't get it last time, couldn't afford it. This year it is a present from my Mum, although she doesn't know she got it me. It's not something she would see as having any value. I just used part of my money gift.
  • Spearpoint
    Spearpoint
    ✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I didn't get it last time, couldn't afford it. This year it is a present from my Mum, although she doesn't know she got it me. It's not something she would see as having any value. I just used part of my money gift.

That's pleasant to hear! Merry Christmas, and I hope you'll like your new home! :)
    Dry Spell ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ
    Dark Heart of Skyrim 🍺
    Lol Brb

• TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liek snow gobbles.
    Spearpoint wrote: »
    mrsrobot wrote: »

That's pleasant to hear! Merry Christmas, and I hope you'll like your new home! :)

I love it, haven't done anything yet with it but it belongs to my imperial sorceress so she needed something magical.