Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Defeating Mannimarco.

• SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well i'm just gonna put this out there if you can't beat him it's cheap but what you can do is hit him a couple of times then as soon as he teleports run away back up to where the door is and go stealthed, the npc's will start attacking him and bringing his health down to a more manageable level, wait a little while then come back out and kill him. I did this when I got to him on my first build which I ganked horribly (was pretty much a pvp only build) and didn't have the gold to respec. Cheap but if you're having trouble it works.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • Kangas
    Kangas
    ✭✭✭
    Beat him at 42 with dual wield Khajiit NB. Had to swap out a couple skills and morph another.
    • Blood Craze I for the hot
    • Swallow Soul IV when I could
    • Killer's Blade IV to try and finish off adds for heals and to get some nicer damage when he was down at low health
    • Siphoning Strikes I used the attempt before I beat him but it felt like it did more harm than good so I was just more careful about conserving stam/magicka
    • Souls Harvest III ultimate when it was up
    • Didn't use any heal/mana pots
    • Had a max magicka increase food
    • Full medium armor

I wanted to add that this bugged out on me and relogging (short relog) didn't help. There were at least 20 ghosts at one point stuck alive. This turned out to be a good thing because when I switched my build I found I could stay alive killing them all with no help from the NPCs (who were just standing there bugged)

After killing them the fight started back up properly when I engaged him.
    Edited by Kangas on April 17, 2014 2:33AM
  • darthbelanb14_ESO
    darthbelanb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Actually i did eventually defeat him. At level 47. Barely. With luck. After spending 15k gold on a complete skill reset. With all purple gear.
    Working as intended?
    TheFio wrote: »
    Sounds broken to me.

Yes it is working as intended, and it's not broken. He's one of the main antagonists, of course the fight is going to be difficult. To quit just because you have to spec into a couple of self heals to survive is ludicrous.
  • Kellhus
    Kellhus
    ✭✭
    Most the fights you're going to see from questing are built around a very simple premise:

Use your basic attacks on the boss, reserve stam and mag for adds and defensive skills.

Boss damage tends to be light so long as you avoid it, so you beat on them while circle strafing then blow your resources during add phases. Wash, rinse, repeat till the boss is low enough to burn down.
  • fallensbane_ESO
    fallensbane_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I died many time as a lvl 42 Nightblade but kept trying different things. I am a bow spec/two hander Shadow/Assassin build. However what worked for me was using haste and plinking him with standard shots and some poison arrows. When my health was at 75% I would use Strife and when it got real low I would pop a potion. Everytime he called his adds in I would back off and spam em down with Bombard and go back to my previous strat against him. Hope that helps some people.
  • Demonsmaw
    Demonsmaw
    I had trouble doing this but ended up using a healing staff on him, stealing life with Funnel Health and using Silver Bolts on the spirits.
    Veteran Dark Elf Nightblade initially working for the Ebonheart Pact.
    A wanderlust adventurer with no desire for empire-ship.
    Pact Hero, Covenant Hero, Master Wizard, Fighters Guild Victor
  • SexyVette07
    SexyVette07
    ✭✭✭
    Actually i did eventually defeat him. At level 47. Barely. With luck. After spending 15k gold on a complete skill reset. With all purple gear.
    Working as intended?

I beat him at level 40, with greens, because I have a build that is self sustaining and I can move out of the aoe.

Yes, working as intended. Its an endurance and skill check.
  • mlstevens42_ESO
    mlstevens42_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Had silverbolts morphed to do an aoe for the adds. Most of the time just ate his attacks even his aoe just moved enough to not get knocked back. Sorcerer with resto staff. Did not see it as difficult to be honest. One thing I note that helps with manni other then just doing your normal attacks and whittling him down.. is having an aoe, a heal and some magic resist. Just noting what worked for me.
  • Reevster
    Reevster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I battle maged his ass first try lol, lvl 41 mage full plate, with Destruto staff ,didnt use any AOE spells at all. Spaming Melee with silver shards and casting Mages wraths , with summoned twilight matriarch and Unstable Clannfear, with Hardend ward( Damage shield on both pets and self) plus a stack of lvl 40 heals potions in quick slots lol.....was a fun fight!
    Edited by Reevster on April 18, 2014 12:28PM
  • MorteASH
    MorteASH
    This game is not a friend to the solo player. It is ruthless in the way you get mobbed. As a solo lvl 41 knightblade I am constantly getting "put on my bottom" and Mannimarco is just another in a long line of bosses that I can not defeat. Very poor show on Zenimax's part. I should not have to go through spread sheets to work out the best form of attack with which armour and weapons. I want to face of against similar lvl characters without fear of sometimes almost instant death, with what ever gear I have found, made or purchased.
    Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on April 19, 2014 6:54AM
  • Schultz87_ESO
    Level 43 Full Tank Sword/Board build here.
    Ran in, smacked him, ran back to the door.
    The NPC's took half his health away while I shield bashed the adds at the entrance.
    Ran back in, popped ultimate (DK Standard of Might) and he was dead.
    Easy.
  • Leovolao
    Leovolao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MorteASH wrote: »
    This game is not a friend to the solo player. It is ruthless in the way you get mobbed. As a solo lvl 41 knightblade I am constantly getting "put on my bottom" and Mannimarco is just another in a long line of bosses that I can not defeat. Very poor show on Zenimax's part. I should not have to go through spread sheets to work out the best form of attack with which armour and weapons. I want to face of against similar lvl characters without fear of sometimes almost instant death, with what ever gear I have found, made or purchased.

man I feel for you... but I gotta say I'm afraid you are doing something wrong... I found this game is the best friend of solo players... I'm a level 43 sorc with no pets and I'm having the best time... just put a self heal on your bar and you are golden...
    If you are having trouble, adjust to the situation... get other skills and try again.. watch a couple of vids or ask for help in the chat...

Edited by ZOS_JuhoJ on April 19, 2014 6:55AM
    tea pot

"What if my problem wasn't that I don't understand people but that I don't like them?"
  • AngryNord
    AngryNord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ask for help in the chat...

Worst advice ever... All you'll get in return will be abuse, and comments like "go back to WoW n00b, this game is über easy"...
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like i cheated, i did the quest at level 44 and beat him first try as my DK tank. I genuinely felt that Doshia? was a harder fight before the nerfs.
  • Guybru5h
    Guybru5h
    I was looking for help but i have tried the advice of make a new build (Nightblade) so this one worked for me:

-Toggle on the siphoning strikes so you will recover magicka and stamina on each hit.
    -Be sure to have the pasive "Soul siphoner" at level 2 (15% more heal received with swallow soul)
    Now on combat
    -Spam the light attack (melee)
    -Spam the swallow soul (morphed to give you more heal)
    -Drink a potion each time you can.

-When the spirits appear just ignore mannimarco do the same with the spirits.
    -When mannimarco trows you the AoE skill just press the cover button you will receive a lot of damage but you will be near to the target to recover your magicka and keep spamming the swallow soul.
  • KoMiCCaP
    KoMiCCaP
    I killed from the third time. Nightblade 41 lvl ("Assassination")
    Basic provisions:
    -Boss Siphoning - use "Shadow Cloak"
    -leave aoe zone

Healing
    - "Mark Target" on minions
    - "Strife"
    - Poisons

DPS
    -autoattack
    -"Flurry"
    -"Twin Slashes"
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's definitely an annoying fight, even though I beat it at level
    Major annoyance in this fight is the fact that Mannimarco's attack can't be broken by getting out of his LoS. It's once again a lot easier at range rather than in melee, as is the case with most bosses.
    At least the NPCs did their stuff as they were supposed to, which definitely helped.
    Potions and some form of self-heal are mandatory yet again. In theory the self-heal from most weapon skill lines should suffice when using potions, but I'm not sure.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • askanison40b14_ESO
      I keep seeing comments about not being able to beat him at 40ish LvLs, but I got the quest at around LvL 20 (and I'm LvL 22 now and can't beat him) and its labeled as a LvL 20 quest (yellow color) in my quest log/journal.

The OP is correct in his assertion that he's way to hard for the LvL he's listed as to be able to beat. Now it's either one of two things: 1 - its a mislabeled LvL quest that appears at the wrong time way too early or 2 - it's broken.

I keep hearing people on this thread say the game is meant to be played as a group. That's all fine and well (when it's allowed). Most of the harder boss fights (like Defeating Mannimarco) are solo ONLY. I'm not quitting, but this is Bulls**t. It's crazy.

Not only that, but each area of quests I progress to are always 3/4 LvLs (most times 5/6) above my characters current LvL. You guys can all white-Knight zennimax until you're blue in the face but that's not challenging, that's broken LvL design plain and simple.

And then to suggest that only 1 or 2 certain skills on only 1 or 2 certain classes (with NO hints beforehand) is the only way to progress pass bosses is what's completely ludicrous. That silly notion defeats the purpose of even having multiple classes.

Other than the unbalanced character LvL vs area/quest LvL, I love the game. I pre-ordered the Imperial Edition as well as the annual subscription, so I'm all in, but I really wish they would fix this. Either balance the questing or allow groups to fight more bosses (at the least, allowing you to bring in 1 more person once you're at the boss AoA). I don't want to spend gold that I don't have (gold farmers here I come) on respecing my character and I don't want to start all over with what amounts to the equivalent of a Madden NFL "money play" character. Either respecing needs to be wayyyy cheaper and in more locations or telling the player what skills work best against various bosses needs to become a permanent fixture to the game.

I feel the OP's frustration (although I'm not planning on quitting) as I'm also stuck in this rut of not being able to defeat Mannimarco. As I previously said - I got the quest at LvL 20 and the quest's skill is listed a s a LvL 20 quest by it's yellow coloring and by the big number 20 next to the quest title. So I'm not understanding all the comments saying he's a LvL 40ish boss. Even the hp bar listed under him says LvL 20. Soooo.... WtF is going on? Sneaking into the castle and even getting to Mannimarco was quite the endeavor for my LvL 22 Bosmer Nightblade. Defeating him, err... no.. fighting him is a joke. It's not even REMOTELY in the realm of challenging. And I'm a LvL 22. Most of you are stating he's almost impossible to beat at the 40ish LvL. So I have NO idea what to do.

If anyone would like to help (other than posting a reply to my comment), my in-game info is as follows:
      CHARACTER NAME: Vacarys
      RACE: Wood Elf/Bosmer
      CLASS: Nightblade
      LEVEL: 22

Personal (hey I'll take it where I can get it)
      Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 21, 2014 5:54PM
    • Saet
      Saet
      ✭✭✭
      Level 40 NB. I killed him on third try. First try was a miserable failure. Second I ran and hid by the door while companions took him down to 29% health and then he still stomped on me.
      Third try I just went in and stayed close to him spamming light attacks with a destro staff while circle strafing him and kept a siphon health going nonstop. When he summoned adds I used the destro aoe field attack and silver bolts to take them down. Just ran out of the big area attacks and repeated this til he was finally dead.
      Saet - stam nb
      Hordak - magicka nb
      Demigorgon - stam sorc
    • Lanatireb17_ESO
      Lanatireb17_ESO
      ✭✭✭

I DID reskill, twice, for this fight. I spent 53 tries in the end, was persistent, spent 20k gold, asked for help in chat AND here.
      My first approach to it was as a pure dd, and that didnt work. then i tried ranged dd with syphoning, which also didnt work because the healing of syphoning was a joke compared to the damage this guy blasted out.
      Excuse me when i try to play a thief character that doesnt want to skill mage skills.
      And besides that, my dear friend, i am pretty sure i played mmos years before you, i played mmos that you would consider too hard and difficult.
      Hell, i played mmos when they were still textbased.
      Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 22, 2014 2:40PM
    • Kendaric
      Kendaric
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I keep seeing comments about not being able to beat him at 40ish LvLs, but I got the quest at around LvL 20 (and I'm LvL 22 now and can't beat him) and its labeled as a LvL 20 quest (yellow color) in my quest log/journal.

Those are two different quests. The one you have trouble with is called "Castle of Worms" and it's indeed level 20. I couldn't finish that at level 20 either, tried it again at 24 and it went well.
        PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
      • askanison40b14_ESO
        Kendaric wrote: »

Those are two different quests. The one you have trouble with is called "Castle of Worms" and it's indeed level 20. I couldn't finish that at level 20 either, tried it again at 24 and it went well.

Thanks Kendaric. So we will fight him twice? Ok, that makes sense. I will level up some and try again then. The only problem with that being where I'm at all my available quests are LvL 24 to 28 but I'm LvL 22. Little annoying, but at least I have a plan now. Thanks again.
      • Kendaric
        Kendaric
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        @askanison40b14_ESO‌ :

You must have missed plenty of quests then. Have you explored the previous areas? I'd also highly recommend doing the former starter island and do the caves/public dungeons and Dark Anchors in every zone.
        Falling too far behind the area level will be a problem later otherwise.
        • askanison40b14_ESO
          Kendaric wrote: »
          @askanison40b14_ESO‌ :

You must have missed plenty of quests then. Have you explored the previous areas? I'd also highly recommend doing the former starter island and do the caves/public dungeons and Dark Anchors in every zone.
          Falling too far behind the area level will be a problem later otherwise.

Not really. I've gone back and checked the quest maps of all my previous areas and they looked completed (solid white with black outline) as opposed to uncompleted (solid black with white outline). The only quest I've actually abandoned is the one where you have to fight the crazy lunatic possessing the local magistrate in the area before you get to Ghratwood (Which I'd like to add is another solo boss fight. Can't do it with a group). The only other quest I haven't done (I didn't abandon it, but I just never went back to even try to defeat it) is the 1st fighter's guild boss Doishea. I don't even know if I can go and do that dungeon anymore.
          Edited by askanison40b14_ESO on April 19, 2014 6:32PM
        • charchess
          charchess
          i sadly have to agree with Lanatireb17, this game is starting to p*ss me off ..am 24 nightblade and i can't even defeat the skeletons ...
          I do appreciate a good challenge but i'm playing MMO to ...play in group ..so i'm raising my character as pure DPS with no life tap or anything and i'm starting to think that ESO is just another piece of "do your character for soloing and group by accident" ..as so many are nowadays .

Just wanted to put my opinion there. Have fun. And i feel no pleasure in defeating a boss this way ... just some frustration of not being able to do it with friends.
          Edited by charchess on April 20, 2014 1:34AM
        • Zaxq
          Zaxq
          ✭✭✭
          I DID reskill, twice, for this fight. I spent 53 tries in the end, was persistent, spent 20k gold, asked for help in chat AND here.
          My first approach to it was as a pure dd, and that didnt work. then i tried ranged dd with syphoning, which also didnt work because the healing of syphoning was a joke compared to the damage this guy blasted out.
          Excuse me when i try to play a thief character that doesnt want to skill mage skills.
          And besides that, my dear friend, i am pretty sure i played mmos years before you, i played mmos that you would consider too hard and difficult.
          l

Except you didnt come here to ask for help, you came to ask for nerfs because you arent willing to adapt to the fight. You want them to make it easier for YOU becaue YOU cant beat it. Whats elitist about pointing that out ?? THOUSANDS of people have beat it already, in a whole bunch of different specs.

Just because you want to beat it with no heals or by not using a sensible strategy doesnt mean the fight is broken. It means your playstyle/your character is.

The freedom to play how you want doesnt mean you can beat every encounter in the game in any spec you can think of. It never did. Otherwise I could legitimately RP a servant, in the servant Disguise, put no attacks on my bars and wear no armor and expect to win. (Yes, its a silly, extreme example).

How hard would it be to put 1 point into Siphon and use your Knockback CC for 1 fight? Get a grip.
          Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 22, 2014 2:46PM
        • Lanatireb17_ESO
          Lanatireb17_ESO
          ✭✭✭
          Zaxq wrote: »
          l

Except you didnt come here to ask for help, you came to ask for nerfs because you arent willing to adapt to the fight. You want them to make it easier for YOU becaue YOU cant beat it. Whats elitist about pointing that out ?? THOUSANDS of people have beat it already, in a whole bunch of different specs.

Just because you want to beat it with no heals or by not using a sensible strategy doesnt mean the fight is broken. It means your playstyle/your character is.

The freedom to play how you want doesnt mean you can beat every encounter in the game in any spec you can think of. It never did. Otherwise I could legitimately RP a servant, in the servant Disguise, put no attacks on my bars and wear no armor and expect to win. (Yes, its a silly, extreme example).

How hard would it be to put 1 point into Siphon and use your Knockback CC for 1 fight? Get a grip.

Where exactly did i ask for a nerf? Show me just ONE sentence i said demanding a nerf. Just because you WANT to read what you want to read doesnt mean i wrote it.

And if you would have even READ what i wrote you would have seen that my second skillset i tried WAS using syphon and i STILL died.
          Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 22, 2014 2:49PM
        • AngryNord
          AngryNord
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          Don't feed the troll... Just report its posts to the mods instead.
        • Lanatireb17_ESO
          Lanatireb17_ESO
          ✭✭✭
          So i demanded a nerf and didnt ask for help?

THIS IS WHAT I WROTE.

Im a lvl 41 NB. Cant beat him. Simply cant. i dont even get 10% off of his hp when im swarmed by all kinds of adds. i ran out of healing pots, i destroyed my equipment, and now i cant even get away from there?

Help!
          You know...if you cant really read, you CAN go get help, right?
          Edited by ZOS_UlyssesW on April 22, 2014 2:50PM
        • Kendaric
          Kendaric
          ✭✭✭✭✭
          ✭✭
          Zaxq wrote: »

It should be possible to beat the bosses without having to rely on class/magicka skills though.
          But as it stands, the selfheals from the weapon lines are generally too weak to substitute for the magicka-based stuff, even when coupled with the normal potions (crafted potions may be different).

A character relying on stamia-based skills completely should be a viable option for all content. That is what we mean when we quote the "play as you want". No one expects a character without any combat skils to be able to beat the bosses.
          This discussion has been closed.