The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PS to PC

TamrielSaviour215
TamrielSaviour215
✭✭✭
Hey All -

I played ESO in 2015 on PS4 then took a break for a while. I returned to PS4 about 1.5 years ago and played for another 6 months or so. I decided that when I came back, I wanted it to be on PC.

I just was wondering if anyone has any tips for returning players. I read some snarky reviews about Elsweyr and noticed that a lot of people weren't happy with the way that a certain class was extremely OP and made all other classes irrelevant. I went ahead and got it anyway as I just love wandering around and dungeon diving.

At this point, are there any classes that should be avoided and/or are there any that I should specifically gravitate toward?

I plan on being a + member again and using add-ons but I'm not sure which are the ones that are most helpful.

I am not a complete noob to the game in general, but its been a while and I am changing from console to PC. Just looking for some friendly updated tips so I'm not left scratching my head at the start.

Thanks!
PS4/NA
Jasunr Cosmus - Imperial Templar, Supreme Healer of the Cosmos CP 240
Itzal Siavish - Khajit NB, Thief LVL 38
Bruxana - Altmer Sorc, Powerhouse DPS Lvl 18
Torvakor - Redguard Stam Warden Lvl 7
Langsdon Emerson - Imperial DK Tank - Lvl 31
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get yourself the “Assist Rapid Riding” addon. Then start a Templar and go t-bagging.

Happy Holidays.
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    Lol. Copy that. Teabagging Templar.
    PS4/NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL on the T-bagging.

If exploring and some dungeon diving is where your interest lies then choose your favorite class. It sounds like you enjoy running around the game without a care in the world so every class can hold their own. With that, there are builds that perform better than others for when you do group content.

So unless you want to do competitive PvE or get real serious about PvP I would not stress about it much.

But if you do find ChunkyCat in the wild then T-bag away.
  • TamrielSaviour215
    TamrielSaviour215
    ✭✭✭
    PvE for sure. I don't have any intentions of running any PvP unless I link up with a group that is organized in that sense. But ya you are correct. I just enjoy bouncing around but also want to be able to PvE at high levels. I want to get into trials eventually but I just wanted to toy with some new builds and see where it goes first.
    PS4/NA
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    combat metrics, votans minimap, skyshards, map pins are good starts for addons, BUT not before you get Minion.

I wouldnt worry about what classes are great now and which arent. They are doing a rebalance of everything, so classes are likely to be changed around quite a bit and you are going to be reskilling and regearing anyway ( more than usual). Right now stam based seem to be the go to FOTM.