Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina Sorcerer race?

GRXRG
GRXRG
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, really struggling to decide which race to go for my stam sorc which is my main.

My two choices are Orc or Wood Elf.

I see like 90% Orcs out there and almost no Wood Elf for this class, is bosmer that bad choice?

I like to pvp and do battlegrounds a lot and I found the higher speed of both races comes in handy, but still cannot decide.

Any help?
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orcs are tough and mean.

Elves wrap gifts for a Jolly Fat Man.

Choose your own adventure.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play what you think you might enjoy the most first. You can always switch later with a race change token.

By the way, my Stam Sorc is Imperial. ;)

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bosmer will be fine as will nearly any race with Stam bonuses, but Orcs are the meta right now due to their passives. So as with many racial choices, its your decision whether you want to play the race you want or the one that is currently most effective.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    argonian
    at a place nobody knows
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Hey guys, really struggling to decide which race to go for my stam sorc which is my main.

I see like 90% Orcs out there and almost no Wood Elf for this class, is bosmer that bad choice?

I like to pvp and do battlegrounds a lot and I found the higher speed of both races comes in handy, but still cannot decide.

Any help?

Orc all the way. Nothing else beats an orc stamsorc.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bowbow stamsorc is a Bosmer.

You might want to take that with a grain of salt though as what I'm going for is BiS for cute. So my magsorc, magplar, magward, magnb, stamward and stamblade are also Bosmer. And know what? They all actually do great.

Tldr: Don't fret race. ;)
    Edited by AcadianPaladin on December 22, 2019 9:50PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • DBZVelena
    DBZVelena
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Races

the race bonuses aren't that huge.

Pic the race you actually want to look at while playing.

the Orc recommendations really only pertain to if you if you plan on pvp-ing at some point.
    In pve, it doesn't matter, me i went with Khajiit. because i had some stealing plans too.
    What are Natch Potes? Can you eat those?
    I believe in Genie-Gina.
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    My stamsorc is a redguard. Only PVE, and does it very well (it's not that she would be no good at PVP, it's me that do not enjoy it)
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunmer. Why do people keep asking these questions when there is only 1 good answer.

For reals though, orc if you want to be uggo and pvp. Dunmer if you want to have that nice mana pool for sorcs magicka pool stam build abilities like crit surge, blink and exchange.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    For PvE, with food flexibility equalizing Sustain and Health, Orc happen to have the maximum damage currently (though that can always change).

If there are less Woody Sorc's it's likely because it's a sustain race and Sorc's in particular utilize one of Redguard's sustain passive more than any other class, and Sorc's don't often feel the extra mobility from Woody is that valuable in PvE (and sneak passive is pretty much for RP in PvE).

But the differences are not huge; unless you practice a lot and enter into the top 1% of DD's in ESO you won't notice the small difference in max damage.

PvP pretty all races bring some value to stamsorc except maybe High Elf. I'd throw Nord into the mix of PvP along with standard PvE stam meta races.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »

Any help?

A lot will depend on your build and play style and the content you are undertaking. Orcs are best in slot for stam dps, but not the only viable option.

If you are going to primarily use your bow, Bosmer may be a great option for instance. Personally my Stamsorc is a Redgauard and it works great, almost no resource sustain issues.
  • Stealthk80
    Stealthk80
    ✭✭
    I would go with redguard, I found it much better for sustain due to sorc not having much passives for sustain in comparison to other stam classes
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had just finished reading an elfquest novel when I created my stamsorc so naturally went wood elf with a wolf mount. Has been my "main" for years, although I did recently change him to imperial, wood elf is fine.