Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Playstation: NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must Be The Place...

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    countdown is beginning on turkey time...I'm sooooooo hungry - for those of you outside the states- Thanksgiving Day is an amazing holiday wherein time is spent with family and friends eating a bunch of different dishes...

I like the basic: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing - all smothered in gravy, green beans, cranberry jelly, and buttered rolls (I'm on roll "watch" at the moment, can't have burnt rolls :#)...

very very blessed to still have my mom with me, and, even better than that - she can still put together an unbelievable holiday meal...

life is good, even better in about 20 minutes or so when I'm filling my face with food :)
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    another hour or so of family time and I'll fade away to the guest bedroom and my ps4 :)

was hoping to get my EU red and yellow necros some fighting time in the new 30 day, cp, faction unlock map...unfortunately it's empty a lot...been staying blue on kaal in the EU, and, switched to red on kaal over on the NA server...

it's been awhile since i've played those red characters (magplar, magdk, stam sorc) in cyrodiil...

they've all been pretty easy and fun to fight with...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 28, 2019 11:56PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so over on kaal EU - 183k AP score for the current campaign (ends in 2 days) is good for 163rd place on blue (ranking shared by all same alliance toons)...

AD - 88.4k
    EP - 83.2k
    DC - 74.9k

on kaal NA - 127k AP is good for 196th place on red...

EP - 91.4k
    AD - 84.1k
    DC - 82.0k

man, I remember the days when 200k or less AP would put you over 1,000 in your ranking...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep as an experiment I took a DC alt and joined Kaal took a couple of resources and was 190.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think each toon within an alliance used to get their own rank - so, 4 different blue toons, 4 different ranks...

now, I imagine whichever toon has the highest score - that's your rank...

so, maybe that cut out 25 to 33 percent of the rankings - still, seeing that there's less than about 250 players competing in each alliance is pretty startling...

maybe we have a grand total of about 1,000 or so active cyrodiil pvp players on each ps4 server?
    Edited by geonsocal on November 30, 2019 6:38PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh yeah, played on both servers yesterday- game performance is not doing so great...crashed multiple times on each server...

spent way too much time running from keep to keep from being stuck in combat...

seems the odds are a bit stacked against us from having the best possible pvp experience in eso...
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still jump on 2 or 3 times a week but the difference is the first crash I have I will just turn the game off.
    Not really fun. Oh and if my bg q gets the long load screen I just turn it off as well.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's actually pretty darn smart syrus...doesn't make much sense to let it bug you, especially when it's the same stuff happening for years...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just got gated off the EU kaal map...the whole thing is red now...

I just don't get that - why wipe a whole map clean...what sense does that make, who the heck are you going to fight???
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thaught it was a bit odd seeing tequila fire on blue. Yeah, I saw you.

PvP performance has been really bad. Even just fighting npc’s practically breaks the game. Slow motion, skills don’t work right and generally looks like trash. That’s taking a resource.

Keep fights= a guaranteed blue screen.

All’s you got to get is 25k AP for campaign rewards (50 tranny stones) most people get that and dip.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL, I am a DC spy - oh wait!
  • PhxOldGamer68
    PhxOldGamer68
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TequilaFire Ah ok I wasn't seeing things then. I saw you on your DC toon at Bleaks and just kept zapping you with my lightning staff until you died. Sorry...I was in shock. :#
    PSN NA/EU: DesertDweller99
    PC NA: KaktusKing
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gotta be honest, I've been keeping an eye out for you too tequila blue :)

go red or be dead in kaal NA this month...
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night was awesome.
    Scroll ripped off Gooch's dead body.
    EP gated Gooch dethroned.
    DC in first till the Goochlings regroup and night cap. lol

Yep, if it is red it is dead.
    Just poking! :D
  • Ballcap
    Ballcap
    ✭✭✭✭
    How’s the campaign going? I’m almost to 50 on my necro tank. Not dying is cool but not killing makes for a slow grind.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ballcap wrote: »
    How’s the campaign going? I’m almost to 50 on my necro tank. Not dying is cool but not killing makes for a slow grind.
    Competitive score, laggy zone, load screens everywhere and blues screens whenever you get into a serious fight that lasts more than a minute or so. Kinda makes me sad... The AvAvA aspect of this game is incredible. But whatever they keep doing to the game DLC-wise has plunged stability and performance off a cliff the past year or so.

PS4NA
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NA Kaal is real competitive I believe...each alliance is within 3k points or so from first to third...

EU Kaal has EP with a 30k lead over the other two alliances...
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Performance is so bad that less people are playing but still performance is so bad.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in the end only gooch will be left in Cyrodiil.
    Just joking goochlings. :D
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 21, 2019 1:49PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And in the end only gooch will be left in Cyrodiil.
    Just joking goochlings. :D

ha, that's pretty darn funny actually...ugh, sadly it might also be true...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just hit cp330...had about 4 and a half million enlightenment, plus brede's mead and an xp scroll...

went through a bunch of random battleground dailies on different characters...

the mmr thing is real...had a capture the relic game where I got all five captures...it was pretty cool...

one deathmatch it was 4 v 3 v me...I couldn't die fast enough to get out of that hell...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, playing pretty much any of the NA toons I can do okay in cyro...still get melted 1 v 1 on occasion, or caught looking at my map around a flag, maybe die to rotation malfunction :)

starting to be able to hold my own against 810 cp though in EU world...all those champion points are starting to help a bunch with my resistances and sustain...

different characters have different levels of performance in pvp...not surprising though - my argonian mag sorc is still the most effective...

he's always been the easiest to play...hits hard and has crazy mobility... all the champion points for sustain and resistances though make him even tougher to deal with...

I'm still a bunch of skill points short of being able to fully utilize all the different skill line bonuses...

if I hit my rotations, and especially my pots and ult use well - I can make it close...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hey everyone :)

I hope the holidays are treating everyone well...I know this time of year can get stressful for a lot of folks...

whenever, wherever you might be - I hope you are able to find a bit of peace and joy for yourself...
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okay, back to the game - had a blast yesterday solo defending dragonclaw over in EU world...

there was only a couple of enemy players attacking, so I was able to use oils to slow them down, and, when they finally broke through the inner front door, was able to use the flag guards and more oil to disrupt them even more...was able to kill one at a time, but, couldn't wipe them both at once...

two enemies turned in to three so had to do some serious running around the inner keep to not get myself killed...

eventually another ally showed up, then another so the fighting was fairly even...

I much prefer zerg versus zerg fighting (the chaos is fun), but, I also enjoy small scale when it's a fairly even fight...

of course, depending when you log in to play - small scale may be your only option...

the EU community that I normally play with during the times I can log on is pretty small...I recognize most of the people I'm fighting against, and with...

it's been neat to see a couple of folks who I've fought with the last year or so are now wearing different colors...no mercy shown - unless of course there's a chance to do a little dancing and emoting with these former allies...

those in between fighting times when folks are just standing around outside of outposts and keeps chilling...

it's good though to see folks not taking this stuff to seriously...

need to log back in to NA land (still playing red there) to see how things are going...i've had a chance to spend time playing my red toons this campaign...

after this campaign I may play my yellow toons (mag sorc, stamblade, mag warden) in NA kaal for a few campaings...it's fun being able to switch between all the different characters and builds I've accumulated over the years...
    Edited by geonsocal on December 25, 2019 5:31PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What the underdog bonus will buy EP. lol

image0.jpg?width=476&height=635
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so for about the last six months (?) or so I've had my EU orc stam dk working hard on his crafting...still sitting at level 46 on both jewelry and enchanting...I must have spent 20k plus buying up glyphs at guild traders lately...

still at level 49, but, I'm about to level him up to 50 and bring him in to cyrodiil again...gonna start him out with either blood spawn or velidreth, plague doctor and battalion defender...

figure it'll cost me 10k gold or so switching back skills between crafting and fighting...

I'd like to give that new moon acolyte set a try, glyphs, armor, weapons are fairly easy to buy at the moment, so hopefully I don't get him all set to fight and suddenly remember needing to craft something...

not sure whether to go 7 heavy or 5 heavy/2 medium...

just bought a set of transmutation for my yellow necro mag...he only ever fights in battlegrounds and he really needs some crit protection (I don't like wearing a lot of impenetrable, usually only two of my armor pieces are that trait), so in no cp battlegrounds I get hit with some crazy crit damage...

right now wearing 5 heavy/2 light troll king, undertaker (one of my favorite set names), and steadfast hero...

wanna go with 5 light/2 heavy troll king, undertaker and transmutation in pvp...maybe switch out with bright throat outside of pvp...

starting to get to the point where I need to invest some tel var in alchemy bags and max a few toon's medicinal use passive...

some of my mag characters are super dependant on pots...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 1, 2020 10:48PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the deed is done...finally maxed my crafting for glyphs, jewelry, weapons and armor...so glad that's done...

visited the shrine of stendarr in elden root, and headed my stam dk back in to cyro for the first time in months...

after a short while in cyro finally hit level 50...

put on my shiny new gear (7 heavy, SnB and 2H, bloodspawn, plague doctor, battalion defender) and suddenly realized I forgot to buy glyphs...basically I got a bunch of health, but, my crit and damage is super low...

good for zergsurfing, not so good for small scale...

got a chance to try out the new stone giant...didn't notice in the patch notes it only had a 15m range...

makes it useless for me...slotting soul splitting trap instead...I needed a range skill for sieges and large scale stuff...
    Edited by geonsocal on January 5, 2020 3:37AM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    happiness is a full server and even marginal game performance...

had a blast this sunday on EU kaal...plenty of fighting all over the map...

best of all was running around on my back in action tank...as it turns out, for the most part the glyphs I'm using now are working just fine...only change is needing to switch out some health recovery jewelry enchants for stamina regen ones...

it's so nice to stand under flaming oil and not worry about dying...

cp360 now and at least this one character is performing better than expected...

over on NA kaal abandoned EP (100k AP per toon) and started playing AD now...I missed my stamblade :)
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    woo hoo...yay, just what i want - to play a game that publishes about a dozen pages of update notes every few months - NOT...

ugh, what are you going to do: quit, adapt, or ignore :)

the last year or so i've adopted the stance of ignoring a lot of the patch notes...the truth is - for what i do: pvp, pvp, and more pvp - it's just not super necessary to maximize your character...and, with 17 of them now, my days of making wholesale changes are pretty limited now...

did come across a couple of interesting items in the PTS notes:

Molag Kena: Reduced the cost increase penalty of this set to 8%, down from 20%.

oh yeah, might be time to dust off that set and give it another whirl...actually wore it on my orc hyrbrid werewolf stamplar for a long time with good effect...synergizes great with a werewolf...with only an 8% cost increase - i'm sure lots of folks will be giving it a try...

also am rejoicing a bit at this news:
    Battlegrounds
    You can now only queue as a solo player into Battlegrounds.
    Reset the Battleground matchmaking ratings for all players.

thank you, thank you, thank you...man, i was having to work waaaay too dang hard every time i queued for battlegrounds...i can't wait for someone to carry me :p
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    been having a blast the last couple of nights in EU kaal...been running with our alliance AP leader and getting a serious lesson in AP earning...basically full tilt run like hell from spot to spot...

after an hour or so I'm exhausted :)