The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

veteran imperial city prison - endboss

Fiewiel
Fiewiel
✭✭✭
We deceided to go for veteran and went without any problems to the endboss. 3 guildies and a pug dps which didnt understand english or anything, I was playing healer. At the endboss there wasnt much damage incoming (enough to kill the pug every minute, so we didnt bother to rez anymore), the problem was range and his aoe one-shot. We basically were running around from one clone to another, avoiding any portals and suddenly everyone was dead. According of one, he jumps to the air and we have some seconds to enter a portal. As we were busy doing stuff, we simply didnt had the time to also watch this guy doing his one-shot move and so he killed us several times by surprise. In the end a guildie logged in and we killed him before he was doing anything special.

So, the question is, is there an addon, like wow-bossmods dungeon, which tells me that the warden is going for the one-shot, or audio/graphic (endboss vaults of madness) anything which doesnt involve my camera as I need it to not step in stupid. Oh also the audio of the warden is low, very very low, so if I use voicecom and someone talks I just hear him mumbling something.
Im atm using code and bandits. they do not show incoming at this fight.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once the boss (Lord Warden) goes up into the air, that’s your visual queue to hit the portals.

Only two (2) players may enter one portal ... and if a player enters a portal early (before the boss goes into the air), it uses a player spot prematurely in the portal.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried listening to what he says? Most of the time in dungeons there's clue in audio/dialog try setting subtitles on if you can't hear what he says
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »
    We deceided to go for veteran and went without any problems to the endboss. 3 guildies and a pug dps which didnt understand english or anything, I was playing healer. At the endboss there wasnt much damage incoming (enough to kill the pug every minute, so we didnt bother to rez anymore), the problem was range and his aoe one-shot. We basically were running around from one clone to another, avoiding any portals and suddenly everyone was dead. According of one, he jumps to the air and we have some seconds to enter a portal. As we were busy doing stuff, we simply didnt had the time to also watch this guy doing his one-shot move and so he killed us several times by surprise. In the end a guildie logged in and we killed him before he was doing anything special.

So, the question is, is there an addon, like wow-bossmods dungeon, which tells me that the warden is going for the one-shot, or audio/graphic (endboss vaults of madness) anything which doesnt involve my camera as I need it to not step in stupid. Oh also the audio of the warden is low, very very low, so if I use voicecom and someone talks I just hear him mumbling something.

The visual queue for the one shot mech is huge, he jumps into and hovers in the air, and says some nonsense... that is your indication to sprint into a portal, or die.

Its not an easy fight with inexperienced and/or low dps groups.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »

The visual queue for the one shot mech is huge, he jumps into and hovers in the air, and says some nonsense... that is your indication to sprint into a portal, or die.

Its not an easy fight with inexperienced and/or low dps groups.

This. Its not the hardest fight once you figure this out. And also stay away from those orbs that drain you. Positioning is very important in this fight
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Late to the party, but use the shades to rebuild your ultimate. You should shoot for having full ultimate when you first pull, burn to 66% as fast as possible. With decent dps you should be able to skip the one shot mechanic.

If ultimates are not full when you are down to the last shade, milk it with light attacks until you are. He'll reappear in the middle and you should all ulti dump again, burn quickly to 33% and again skip the one shot mechanic. Rinse repeat for final execute.

If the dps is not there to skip the portals, then what Taleof2Cities said is what you'll need to do.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks everyone.
    Im going to enable subtitles for this fight and use the burn tactic from r3turn2s3nd3r. If that fails, than its watching and dodging at the same time.
    Would also explain that we didnt had any one shot phase as the 4th guildie joined.