The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

SCAM ALERT

Alienoutlaw
Alienoutlaw
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
victims are being told that they have 15 minutes to fill in their email address, password and date of birth on the account, or else they will be blocked from the game:
Under the current circumstances, you have 15 minutes from opening this alert to respond with the required information. Failure to do so will result in an immediate Account Ban, permanently losing online access to our servers on all platforms, along with all characters associated with the account in question. Please be sure to double check your information spelling before sending
reddit-elder-scrolls-pm.png
ZOS WILL NEVER ASK FOR THIS INFO
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to have passed this on. If you're using a Microsoft email you can also flag emails phishing to them which helps them stop them coming through.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh no! Do they need my credit card info, too?!

It’s in my wallet, which is by the front door. Be right back...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh. If this is legit, this is one of the places where future bot accounts come from.

1. Asks for private account information
    2. No personal information given, like your name, in the body of the message
    3. Creates sense of urgency, often with a time limit

I am sure that the reply address is not valid, either.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks! I haven't seen this scam yet. Watch out folks.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it defo legit i would not have posted otherwise, i would suggest making your email private on your forum profile and any suspect email screen shot send send to Support, unlink any credit or debit card details you have for the time being also
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    victims are being told that they have 15 minutes to fill in their email address, password and date of birth on the account, or else they will be blocked from the game:
    Under the current circumstances, you have 15 minutes from opening this alert to respond with the required information. Failure to do so will result in an immediate Account Ban, permanently losing online access to our servers on all platforms, along with all characters associated with the account in question. Please be sure to double check your information spelling before sending
    reddit-elder-scrolls-pm.png
    ZOS WILL NEVER ASK FOR THIS INFO

I was about to post this, good job!
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for letting us know this is going around. :)

I hope no one falls for it. Hopefully most players should be aware that ZOS has absolutely no need to ask for your email address (especially in an email) or password. They should be able to get the email address associated with your account from their database if they need it, and will never need to know your password.

They also wouldn't demand a response within 15 minutes. The closest I've seen to that is some support tickets which say if you don't respond within 24 or 48 hours (I can't remember which) they'll assume the issue is resolved. But even then you can start it up again after that time, it just puts you to the back of the queue.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be up there. Zos needs to see into this since 1) it will affect their reputation 2) it means that someone has been using their copyright property.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Vanos444
    Vanos444
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RavenSworn wrote: »
    This needs to be up there. Zos needs to see into this since 1) it will affect their reputation 2) it means that someone has been using their copyright property.

It's Bethesda afterall...
    Everything is in alpha and beta stages. xD
    Edited by Vanos444 on December 18, 2019 6:20AM