The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How is stam necro in pvp?

Luckylancer
Luckylancer
✭✭✭✭✭
How are stamnecro DDs and brawlers in pvp? What are their gimmics? Which classes are compareable? I will create one if they are good enough.

I play non-cp pvp.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Caveat: I am a casual PVP player. Normally do group PVE stuff. So...

I brought one over to Cyrodiil to level vigor recently (Kaalgrontiid). Set it up with the 2H/S&B with the proper skills, Fury + 7th + Can't remember the monster set, think it was Troll King or Chudan.

I found it a little clunky and the cast times to be slower than desired. The sustain was a joke. I was pretty surprised as many (much, much) better PVPers on these threads were saying stam necro was a top class. I attribute my many deaths to "L2P" on my part, as the play style of stam necro is different from my comfort zone of stamblade or magsorc. In more capable hands, I'm sure someone could have wailed in PVP. But its going to take a while to get used to for me.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Caveat: I am a casual PVP player. Normally do group PVE stuff. So...

I brought one over to Cyrodiil to level vigor recently (Kaalgrontiid). Set it up with the 2H/S&B with the proper skills, Fury + 7th + Can't remember the monster set, think it was Troll King or Chudan.

I found it a little clunky and the cast times to be slower than desired. The sustain was a joke. I was pretty surprised as many (much, much) better PVPers on these threads were saying stam necro was a top class. I attribute my many deaths to "L2P" on my part, as the play style of stam necro is different from my comfort zone of stamblade or magsorc. In more capable hands, I'm sure someone could have wailed in PVP. But its going to take a while to get used to for me.

I think this is normal. Answer for me on my stamnecro - terrible. Answer seeing others play it - good.

I think it takes more getting used to but it’s worth toughing out... I think. Same goes for magnecro. The class is weakish stamina and magicka sustain, so being somewhat of a hybrid maybe?
    Edited by Iskiab on November 28, 2019 4:17AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    From seeing others play it, quite tanky with very high burst. Pet AI seems to be problematic at times though.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet AI is terrible. Relying on using corpses is iffy while moving with lag as it's really easy to out range it while your ability fires late after 1 or 2 failed attempts. Resource management seems to be the worst of stam classes. Ultimate is brutal though
  • robpr
    robpr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you dont have Vigor, forget about anything competitive. Blastbones are very unreliable, loosing way or getting CC to death. Siphon too easy to avoid and too hard to actually use it. Lack of on demand class gapcloser, but Beckoning Armor is good and hilarious thing to get rid of those pesky Snipe spammers so 50/50.

Burst potential is huge though and healing siphon can keep you alive pretty long if you get a corpse that will work. Once you stun someone or catch them stunned by others, a Colossus is a death sentence. Any other sane person would roll outside of it. Sustain is rather bad, but if you train yourself to heavy every 3rd scythe you can live with it.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    robpr wrote: »
    If you dont have Vigor, forget about anything competitive. Blastbones are very unreliable, loosing way or getting CC to death. Siphon too easy to avoid and too hard to actually use it. Lack of on demand class gapcloser, but Beckoning Armor is good and hilarious thing to get rid of those pesky Snipe spammers so 50/50.

Burst potential is huge though and healing siphon can keep you alive pretty long if you get a corpse that will work. Once you stun someone or catch them stunned by others, a Colossus is a death sentence. Any other sane person would roll outside of it. Sustain is rather bad, but if you train yourself to heavy every 3rd scythe you can live with it.

Some of your complaints applies to most stamina classes , rather than just stamina necromancer. You don't need to have everything available to have a strong class, you also don't need everything to have a fun class.
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the class function properly which is maybe 50-60% of the time it feels very strong, especially in a 1v1, 1v2 scenario.
    If they fix the targetting issues and pet pathing it might become a meta class.
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭
    what would be the best race for stam necro? wood elf to help sustain issue?
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BoaNoite wrote: »

Stamcro has excellent sustain, I run 1600 unbuffed stam regen on my stamcro and my bud runs 1300. Passives give you a lot of stamina return and you spend a lot of GCDs on abilities with no/low stam cost.

I’m not saying that you have to run 1300 regen, just pointing out that stamcro definitely doesn’t have a sustain problem.
  • BoaNoite
    BoaNoite
    ✭✭

Stamcro has excellent sustain, I run 1600 unbuffed stam regen on my stamcro and my bud runs 1300. Passives give you a lot of stamina return and you spend a lot of GCDs on abilities with no/low stam cost.

I’m not saying that you have to run 1300 regen, just pointing out that stamcro definitely doesn’t have a sustain problem.

what race did you pick?
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what race did you pick?

Any stam race works, I picked Delf since I use mender, but orc/redguard/bosmer all work fine