The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Send me your NightBlade builds!

SupaSane
SupaSane
✭✭✭
Looking to see how everyone is building their NB's.
SupaSane - PC / NA
Canthion - Bosmer Stamina Nightblade [DC]
Saviör - Orc Stamina Dragonknight [DC]
So-No-Head - Argonian Magicka Templar [DC]
Lord Savioro - Nord Stamina Necromancer [DC]

"So do all who live to see such times but that is not for them to decide, All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Breton stamblade 5 hundings/5 spriggans/2 skoria/brp bow/dbl dot poison, salt rice food, tri pots
    Ambush/power extraction/merciless/rally/surprise attack/dawnbreaker or onslaught
    Elusive mist/cloak/vigor/poison inject or arrow barrage/draining/ meteor

Wood elf 5 eternal hunt/5 truth/2 selenes or 2 mephala
    Ambush/fear trap or cop/surprise attack/rally/executioner/ incap etc
    Shuffle/cloak/vigor/caltrops/ poison injection ballista
    Edited by Metemsycosis on December 11, 2019 2:20AM
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That *** ain’t free.

Send me 50k gold.
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    tbh i tried eternal hunt spriggans and veli a few days ago. insane in bgs but cp pvp is just to tank based for it to work
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spriggans, Shackle, Lover stone, Big pieces tri stat Small max stam, Jewelry Infused weapon damage

Front: BRP bow Sharpened with double damage poisons
    Leeching strikes, Crushing weapon, Magnum shot, Relentless focus, Resolving vigor, Incap

Back: Master’s bow Infused weapon damage
    Poison injection, Piercing mark, Shadowy disguise/Dark cloak depending on mood, Shuffle, Channeled acceleration, Ballista.
  • JTET24
    JTET24
    Dark elf magblade
    2 Troll King
    5 Crafty Alfiq
    5 Spinners (front bar)
    BRP resto (backbar)

nirn inferno staff, defending resto, 7x impen body, tri stat helm, chest, and legs.

Infused mag recovery neck, 2x swift spell damage rings

Frontbar skills: fear, cripple, degen, merciless, swallow soul, soul harvest

Backbar skills: race against time, cloak, healing ward, radiating regen, siphoning, temporal guard

Steed mundus, Orzorga's Smoked Bear Haunch
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=194811

Magicka+Crit+SD- potion

You basic combo rotation is cloak -> charge elemental weapon(will not get you out of stealth) -> light attack -> swallow soul.
    All the damage will land at the same time together with 6.5k glyph damage. Everything got a good chance to crit(one secure crit) with 110% crit dmg.
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My build is geared towards Bow Ganking and to me is the BIS right now for single play PvP.

Mundus: Warrior could run lover for additional penetration but not needed
    Race: Wood Elf, Khajiit (I play both and they have the same setup)

Gear: NewMoon/Spriggans all impen with tristat glyphs on Chest and Legs rest Stamina

Monster Sets: One Velidreth or Kena for additional weapon damage and one Kra'gh for additional penetration

All gear ledgendary if possible if not Epic. Make sure at least your Bow is ledgendary

Jewelry (Two Infused (Weapon Damage) one Robust or Infused (Stamina Recovery)

Weapons: Bow (Nirnhoned or Sharpened (If you want more Penetration) Weapon Damage Glyph if bow Nirnhoned,
    Poison or Disease if Bow Sharpened.

Back bar 2H your preference All Damage will come from bow bar. I use Great Sword with defending trait. Suggest something other than NewMoon on back bar to get away from the 5 piece penality from that set. 5 piece new moon only needed for front bow bar

Food: Tristat Potions: Damage Health on Bow Optional Invisibility speed Pots or Tri Health/Stamina/Magicka Pots.
    I use Invisibility Speed Pots for even quicker get aways

Skills
    Front Bow Bar Assassians Blade or Reapers/Piercing Mark), Trap Beast, Focus Aim, Silver shards, Cammo Hunter
    Ultimate Choices Acid Spray or Dawnbreaker (I use Acid Spray)

Note three skills are from the Fighters Guild line for extra damage One from the Assassian Skill line to take advantage of the Hemorrhage Passive

Back Bar (All Buffs and Defense)

Cloak, channeled acceleration or race against time) I use channeled acceleration, concealed weapon (increased Speed while invisible or sneaking), vigor, rally
    Ultimate: Undo morph to Temporal Guard

Buffed over 5k weapon damage with 13k Penatration

Champion Points perfer to leave that to the player there are similar builds on Youtube that give CP suggestions.

This build is for stealth attacks and not for Dukeing it out with another player or players.
    It is ideal for being able to pick your target in advance, position your attack (Try always from their rear from stealth for increased damage) and easy escape. When I say able to pick you target in advance I always look for targets that have a health bar of 25k or less (99 percent will not survive your attack). Attacking players that are on their horse, reading their map, on siege or attacking a Resource flag is ideal. Hard for them to react to your attack.

Combo: Focus Aim/Heavy Attack, Focus Aim Focus Aim and if need be Silver Shards. Normally Focus Aim/Heavy Attack, Focus Aim does the trick.

Tip: WhenI attacking one player in a large group do not stick around once you have ganked that player. Get out of dodge using cloak or Invisible Speed Pots. You can always circle back and pick off another one in the group. This is hit and run tactics and seldom will you get caught.

Be prepared to get a lot of hate mail. If you replay suggest be curtious no sense adding insult to injury you already won. I never T-Bag either it's childish but that's your choice.

Happy Hunting..........................................................
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same thing I’d run on any stam build this patch. Spriggan NMA master bow(CP).
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on December 13, 2019 3:02PM
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Give me your TelVar your AP,
    From scared noobs heading to alliance base,
    The wretched glass cannons with no critical resist.
    Send these, the helpless, sewer-tost to me,
    I lift my Killer's Blade beside the base door!"
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Asardes wrote: »
    "Give me your TelVar your AP,
    From scared noobs heading to alliance base,
    The wretched glass cannons with no critical resist.
    Send these, the helpless, sewer-tost to me,
    I lift my Killer's Blade beside the base door!"

Would be a beautiful tanka if the number of syllables were right.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=139928

I tried to get as much utility, as many i can. Playin' only CP-PvP so this setup not for no-cp. I hope anyone get anything useful by this...
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    tbh i tried eternal hunt spriggans and veli a few days ago. insane in bgs but cp pvp is just to tank based for it to work

People tend to be able to block and roll in CP when they can't in noCP, which is exactly why many proc sets are even effective in noCP and the list narrows in CP.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

People tend to be able to block and roll in CP when they can't in noCP, which is exactly why many proc sets are even effective in noCP and the list narrows in CP.

TTK and fights are generally much faster. Less less healing, resists and health. Skill damage is lower too because of lower pools and lack of CP boosts. Meaning a proc set is stronger for burst damage than skills, in cases.

#1 is caluurions. Deals fat damage, more than your average mNB spammable, and stacks on top of your combo.
    Edited by ThePedge on December 16, 2019 2:38AM
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my magblade build right now for CP Cyro. It boasts ~10k effective spell power buffed, 2.1k mag regen (permanent cloaking), and near capped stealth speed. Outruns any stam while in cloak. Don't try to run this in BGs or no-CP, you will die horribly.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=151215

Note: yeah, it's a gank build; don't go and try to actually stay in a fight with a build like this. However, it can hold up to some prolonged combat, so as long as you're not actually trying to kill skilled players with it you can find a lot of success. Relatively. We are talking about magblade, after all. What I've really liked about this build is the major+minor expedition combined with the 25% speed boost from concealed weapon and the vampire sneak bonus. Your counter to detect pots is just to move out of range. Short of a constantly streaking sorc, nothing can keep up with you. If you can't get out, pop a resto ult and keep trying. 9/10 times you should get away if you did it right, detect or not.

Basic combo is as the user above posted: in cloak, charge ele weapon, light attack cancel swallow soul. Thanks to Torug's, if they're squish and unbuffed, you can expect a chunk of 50% hp or more. I've even 1 shot some unsuspecting players with that. However, if you're an advanced player, the build has more to offer you.

The advanced combo is as follows:
    1. On the resto backbar, light attack cancel into cloak to proc the weapon damage glyph (Thank you Kristofereso for enlightening me on this strat)
    2. Charge ele weapon in cloak and light attack cancel into swallow soul. Target should be rolling or blocking by now.
    3. Block cancel the first tick of vamp drain. Squirming target should be stunned.
    4. Light attack cancel Soul Harvest. Stunned target should be dead or close.
    5. Light attack cancel swallow soul 1-2 more times. If they're not dead now, cloak and leave.

Practice this a few times before really going in. Good luck out there. If you run the advanced combo, the sky's the limit.
    Edited by Rahar on December 17, 2019 5:05PM
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. It's too advanced for the forums to understand...therefore I must keep it secret and safely tucked away for next patch when ZOS listens to forum NBs and it becomes even more broken OP.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rahar wrote: »
    Here's my magblade build right now for CP Cyro. It boasts ~10k effective spell power buffed, 2.1k mag regen (permanent cloaking), and near capped stealth speed. Outruns any stam while in cloak. Don't try to run this in BGs or no-CP, you will die horribly.

Note: yeah, it's a gank build; don't go and try to actually stay in a fight with a build like this. However, it can hold up to some prolonged combat, so as long as you're not actually trying to kill skilled players with it you can find a lot of success. Relatively. We are talking about magblade, after all. What I've really liked about this build is the major+minor expedition combined with the 25% speed boost from concealed weapon and the vampire sneak bonus. Your counter to detect pots is just to move out of range. Short of a constantly streaking sorc, nothing can keep up with you. If you can't get out, pop a resto ult and keep trying. 9/10 times you should get away if you did it right, detect or not.

Basic combo is as the user above posted: in cloak, charge ele weapon, light attack cancel swallow soul. Thanks to Torug's, if they're squish and unbuffed, you can expect a chunk of 50% hp or more. I've even 1 shot some unsuspecting players with that. However, if you're an advanced player, the build has more to offer you.

1. On the resto backbar, light attack cancel into cloak to proc the weapon damage glyph (Thank you Kristofereso for enlightening me on this strat)
    2. Charge ele weapon in cloak and light attack cancel into swallow soul. Target should be rolling or blocking by now.
    3. Block cancel the first tick of vamp drain. Squirming target should be stunned.
    5. Light attack cancel swallow soul 1-2 more times. If they're not dead now, cloak and leave.

Practice this a few times before really going in. Good luck out there. If you run the advanced combo, the sky's the limit.

Nice build, I’d try camouflage hunter instead of inner light and drop slimecraw. Then run Zann if you want to stay glassy, but you’d be better off with 2 1 piece armour sets so you can play BGs and pvp in other settings.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you want to get carried by gear completely in NO-CP and play magblade I´d suggest the following:

* 5 Pariah (Jewellery + 2 body)
    * 5 New Moon Acolyte (3 body + destro frontbar)
    * Trollking
    * vMA restostaff backbar

Just keep in mind that with this setup you give up all rights to trashtalk people in any situation whatsoever, since you´re literally carried by 2 of the more overprerforming sets (trollking and pariah) in the game.

/end-rant :trollface:
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    If you want to get carried by gear completely in NO-CP and play magblade I´d suggest the following:

* Trollking
    * vMA restostaff backbar

Just keep in mind that with this setup you give up all rights to trashtalk people in any situation whatsoever, since you´re literally carried by 2 of the more overprerforming sets (trollking and pariah) in the game.

Have you actually tried that as a magblade? I don’t think it’d work well: no sustain, vMW resto is only decent solo, troll king isn’t very good in no-CP.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Udrath
    Udrath
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

* Trollking
    * vMA restostaff backbar

Have you actually tried that as a magblade? I don’t think it’d work well: no sustain, vMW resto is only decent solo, troll king isn’t very good in no-CP.

It works. This set up is really strong with any magicka class with or without the vMW resto staff, and you can change the monster set to anything you'd like. You can take it a step further and go Pariah+Transmutation+Balrogh/Troll King.

Blood spawn, torug pact, spinners or lich is probably my favorite combo for magblade.
    Edited by Udrath on December 21, 2019 8:24PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Udrath wrote: »

* Trollking
    * vMA restostaff backbar

It works. This set up is really strong with any magicka class with or without the vMW resto staff, and you can change the monster set to anything you'd like. You can take it a step further and go Pariah+Transmutation+Balrogh/Troll King.

Blood spawn, torug pact, spinners or lich is probably my favorite combo for magblade.

I ran Buffer of the Swift, Bloodspawn (pirate before the nerf) and Transmutation as a healer. Basicly the same setup in light. I had pariah too but only in a heavy armour setup.

Ran it as a healer but used the BRP Desto on my back bar.

In BGs it was good, performance dropped off after merciless went down to 10% and other classes got some buffs. I felt uncompetitive in higher MMR BGs. When dizzy stunned I felt too prone too dizzy spam, and not being able to animation cancel soul Siphon killed it.

It was good for impressive numbers (I think I still have screenshots of 1m damage and 1.6m healing) but my win rate dropped to average around 30%.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 22, 2019 12:12AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭

Nice build, I’d try camouflage hunter instead of inner light and drop slimecraw. Then run Zann if you want to stay glassy, but you’d be better off with 2 1 piece armour sets so you can play BGs and pvp in other settings.

Wait... Why Camouflage Hunter? I'd lose out on major prophecy (unless i subbed in a true spell power pot; I currently use spell power/mag/detect pots for the cheeky magblade fights), 7% max mag on that bar, 2% mag recovery on that bar, and replace it for an ability that gives me weapon crit, weapon damage, and a chance of getting the 8% damage buff? I'm not seeing the logic. Additionally, Zaan's is good for a magnb that engages for longer periods of time, but can actually end up killing you if you get a proc right when you need to cloak out. For that, I'm not a big fan of it on gank builds.

However, I have run 5/1/1 light on this setup before, and it works fine, so if anyone wants to tweak it for no-CP, go for it. My opinion is that in BGs a ganker does nothing to help the team, and you can play stronger stuff than a magnb in no-CP Cyro.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Wait... Why Camouflage Hunter? I'd lose out on major prophecy (unless i subbed in a true spell power pot; I currently use spell power/mag/detect pots for the cheeky magblade fights), 7% max mag on that bar, 2% mag recovery on that bar, and replace it for an ability that gives me weapon crit, weapon damage, and a chance of getting the 8% damage buff? I'm not seeing the logic. Additionally, Zaan's is good for a magnb that engages for longer periods of time, but can actually end up killing you if you get a proc right when you need to cloak out. For that, I'm not a big fan of it on gank builds.

However, I have run 5/1/1 light on this setup before, and it works fine, so if anyone wants to tweak it for no-CP, go for it. My opinion is that in BGs a ganker does nothing to help the team, and you can play stronger stuff than a magnb in no-CP Cyro.

The berserk uptime on camouflage hunter is really high, it depends on the class of course. I’ve tried it in no-CP magblade ganking builds and it was decent. On classes like templar that hit multiple times per GCD it’s pretty close to 100%.
    Edited by Iskiab on December 24, 2019 3:41AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, just make me laugh a little that you emphasize that is a build to kill noobs only 🤣✌🏿
    Edited by Chelo on December 26, 2019 3:52AM
  • Rahar
    Rahar
    ✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

Sorry, just make me laugh a little that you emphasize that is a build to kill noobs only 🤣✌🏿

I mean, it is a magblade, lmao. Doubt you're gonna do much with that class as is.

Since posting that I've ran a bit more on it and can explain. You can kill correctly geared, skilled players with it so long as you catch them off-guard and buffs down, and their health is below 30k (lol). Typically I'll do something like this if I'm attempting it:
    1. spell power pot
    2. resto light attack cancel into cloak to proc the glyph (!!! important !!!)
    3. did they buff up? if so, give up
    4. otherwise, ele weapon and light attack cancel into a soul harvest (chonky damage)
    5. vamp drain block cancel after the first or second tick
    6. usually 1 ele weapon or swallow soul is required to finish
    7. if they aren't dead book it because a detect pot is coming your way

Enjoy.
    NeRf MaGsOrC
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SupaSane wrote: »
    Looking to see how everyone is building their NB's.

https://youtu.be/XIuZSfSnfEI

Enjoy