Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing items and group content question

solidstate77ub17_ESO
I want to get into housing and collect furniture but I don't do group content like trials and non-soloable dungeons. Would I be missing out on a lot of housing blueprints/items?
Edited by solidstate77ub17_ESO on December 11, 2019 10:19PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can buy blueprints from guild stores, though they may be rather expensive depending on the rarity and difficulty of the group content.

There's a relatively small number of furnishings that are actually locked behind dungeons, trials, and PVP. Probably the biggest are the boss head trophies and the siege weapon replicas.

In any case, the majority of housing items are available through regular PVE activities or the Crown Store.
  • solidstate77ub17_ESO
    Thank you. I don't pvp either lol.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Farm every container you come across for furnishing plans - nightstands, backpacks, wardrobes, cabinets, trunks, urns. If you have a thieving character you can score some nice furnishing items that way too.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't do any of that content anymore and have never found it a barrier in housing. Sure there are a few achievement items that you need to do the content for but it's not that much really.
    90% of stuff can be got without the content but be prepared to spend money. I'm just finishing off a house at the moment and it cost over a million gold and about 10k in crowns but that was mostly spent on mats rather than plans.
    I recommend joining a housing guild as it will put you in contact with people that can help you craft the one-off items that don't make sense to buy the plans.
    Best of luck with your building. Give a shout back here if you need support and most importantly... be sure to show us the finished job 😀
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be sure to loot everything. I've found the delves and overland in Southern Elsweyr to be pretty good at dropping plans from the urns, backpacks and various pieces of furniture.
  • solidstate77ub17_ESO
    Thank you so much!