Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we make pets untargetable now?

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »
    Okay, eh, back for more. Busy day today, full of unexpected emergencies. (>.>)

Anyways, Frag combo. Not reliably possible on petsorc. You only have room for Streak as your stun. And turning around 180 and landing your Frag takes too much time. Especially on console. Accelerating Drain, block-cancelled, is smoother. I think it's not a true combo, as in, breaking free and blocking IS possible before Frag impact, but with lag, reaction time and the awful "fear" animation, it is very reliable for an untrue combo. Also, it makes room for the BoL morph, which is really good for pure kiting.

Fury is specialized. It's annoying as a kill stealer, but as an execution it's really weak. The animation is slow, damage weak and the threshold low. Unless you bake it into a combo with Curse, Meteor and Streak, it's probably more of a liability - if it doesn't proc, you're wasting damage.

It's the sorcery buff. You can get it from potions and you want it up 100%. So spellcrit potion on cooldown. UNLESS you're running Surge for a nice constant heal and the buff. Then you can use other potions. You can swap potions, but you can't swap Surge in and out in combat. So you have to make that decision in your build. Tripots with their stamina allow me to use bistat food and pure max magicka glyphs. That gives me bigger shields than a Necropotence pet build.

LoS in this game is wonky and sometimes the smallest objects (pebbles) will block your attacks like a wall. It's a bit better when jumping, as the game gives you a wider visibility degree mid-air. But that also incites the wrath of our merry forum dwellers here, you know?
    I guarantee you there are situations that influence your fight with questionable LoS. Stamina players in general have become masters at abusing that. And, well, with pets they get a taste of their own medicine. I would rather have pet and general LoS fixed. But since this isn't happening, I take a grim pleasure in seeing those players weep, who hug the next rock for hours when you so much as look at them. I feel sympathy for my ranged magicka brethren, though.

So, uh, did I forget anything? Actually didn't want to invest that much effort on the forums here anymore... Sure worked out great! xD

Spot on
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Except they're not like actual line of sight. Actual line of sight isn't targetable, actual line of sight doesn't cause targeting to prioritise the LOS instead of the target you're trying to hit. They're like line of sight on a handful of steroids, and it actually breaks the game.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »
    Except they're not like actual line of sight. Actual line of sight isn't targetable, actual line of sight doesn't cause targeting to prioritise the LOS instead of the target you're trying to hit. They're like line of sight on a handful of steroids, and it actually breaks the game.

Actually, fundamentally they are like line of sight. They just block projectiles instead of beams. But that's besides the point. Being able to LoS on pets is a good design element and target blocking should stay. The real problem is that the targeting system went nuts about a year ago. Please don't nerf pets, just fix the targeting.
    Edited by Cathexis on December 9, 2019 10:37AM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would be shocked if they did. That would actually be an improvement to combat.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cathexis wrote: »

Actually, fundamentally they are like line of sight. They just block projectiles instead of beams. But that's besides the point. Being able to LoS on pets is a good design element and target blocking should stay. The real problem is that the targeting system went nuts about a year ago. Please don't nerf pets, just fix the targeting.

People are really only talking about the flying chicken. The clanfear and scamp are low and you can target over/around them fairly easily. The Atro is an ultimate; portable LOS on an ultimate seems totally reasonable. Warden bear and blastbones and ww pets are also targetable but like the clanfear, it's manageable.

The giant flappy thing, though, has a hitbox the size of Auridon and teleports around all over the place. Hence why people also complain about sorc pets at turn-in stations.

My solution would be to make it a different daedroth without giant flapping wings OR trim the hitbox off the wings and only apply to the body.

P.S. And while they are at, sorc pets could use a facelift. When you compare their appearance to the art coming out now, they look pretty bad.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    it makes sorcerers untargetable.
    it's not fair gameplay
    the same goes for any pet that is targetable.

Which class has the most pets? I've never seen a warden use the bear ult.

I like bears in PvP. Gives me something to charge my ult on when it comes wandering out of the open FD in keep fights.
  • dorogov.alexeyeb17_ESO
    I think that removing pvp damage restriction from battlespirit on pets will solve this problem. I mean 100% dmg enstead 50% when attacking pets
    Edited by dorogov.alexeyeb17_ESO on December 11, 2019 11:33AM
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pets have been nerfed to bare bones. Lol there is nothing left to nerf. At this point 1 more nerf will equal a MUST HAVE MAJOR BUFF TO MAKE UP FOR NERF. If pets was treated like nb shade. Due to pets being unique pet are always active. Smh, your nerf would be fine, if all elements was treated like shade. The most amazing buff a pet sorc could get is to single bar pets. YOUR NERF WOULD LEAD TO THIS. YOU WOULD REALLY COMPLAIN IF THIS HAPPENED. INSTEAD PET SORC DPS WOULD GO UP. If I had 2 more free bar spots I would rain dead on all. Lol trust me you want pets to be targeted. SO YOU CAN KILL PETS. Trust me, It's a good counter to alot of situation.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets have been nerfed to bare bones. Lol there is nothing left to nerf. At this point 1 more nerf will equal a MUST HAVE MAJOR BUFF TO MAKE UP FOR NERF. If pets was treated like nb shade. Due to pets being unique pet are always active. Smh, your nerf would be fine, if all elements was treated like shade. The most amazing buff a pet sorc could get is to single bar pets. YOUR NERF WOULD LEAD TO THIS. YOU WOULD REALLY COMPLAIN IF THIS HAPPENED. INSTEAD PET SORC DPS WOULD GO UP. If I had 2 more free bar spots I would rain dead on all. Lol trust me you want pets to be targeted. SO YOU CAN KILL PETS. Trust me, It's a good counter to alot of situation.

The desire isn’t to make sorcs bad, or even to make pets worse, the goal is to fairly implement pets in a way that doesn’t exacerbate the existing ESO problem of janky targeting. If ZoS took your suggestion and made Sorc pets behave like shade (untargetable, single bar, set duration) and that made sorcs better, that wouldn’t be a terrible thing.

Also, killing the pet is a 100% terrible idea if you’re fighting a pet build, killing the pet takes so much more time than resummoning it that you’re basically giving the sorc free time to take shots at you.
  • pdblake
    pdblake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My pet sorc agrees. He would love pets that nothing could target. Sounds like fun and ever so, well, immortalising.

OP might want to rethink the requested nerf ;)
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do you want to solve Pet issues? I have an idea: do you remember the Blood Golem from D2?

Well, just make the pet share a % of his life with the sorc (25% per pet) but they can also convert dmg into heal for the sorc and for themselves (for example 1K dmg is 250 health for the sorc and 750 for the pet, with overflow transferred)

That way, targeting the pet will dmg the sorc, but at the same time, using a pet will give you a nice heal for free.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So has Breath of Life, but you don't see me complaining about that...even though matriarch heal is exactly what ZOS nerfed it for and why they did it: 360 degree targeting with no thought and spamming a button, and a heal tooltip that was too much on more than one target, oh and it also does free damage to proc things like Sellistrix.
    Atronoch ult is still strong and always has been.

But pets have been "nerfed to bare bones". :D

And of course you, and others would champion for single bar pets at this point that they've become broken OP in PvP encounters in more ways than one. That just means more bar space for a class that already literally has it all, and that's exactly why you and others here play the class, despite claims otherwise.

What a surprise...
  • phoenixkungfu
    phoenixkungfu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pets are not useful as damage at all. Pets are not a threat. At all double bar pet sorcerer build are nerf to almost unuseable. Dont believe me try it.
    IF YOU WANT MORE NERFS BY ALL MEANS ASK FOR IT.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why must they be targettable?
    • They act as body shields on literally anything. If you are between the pet and the sorc, forget it, you can't damage that sorc.
    • How many ults have we all wasted on a pet?
    • Is it fun and rewarding to accidently hit a pet with something despite you clearly aiming at the player?
    • Should a passive ability really give you 100% damage reduction on some abilities due to them not actually hitting you?

Absurd idea.

- learn to actually aim at your target
    - learn to actually aim at your target so you dont miss your ultimate
    - its fun indeed and learn to work around it
    - and most of all, meet one sorc healer and see what happen if pet is allowed to stay alive ;)
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it available in the options fo gameplay. Like auto loot. Or if a player is highlight targeted then you dont target their pets. It's just annoying really.
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on December 16, 2019 4:31PM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    • They act as body shields on literally anything. If you are between the pet and the sorc, forget it, you can't damage that sorc.
    • Is it fun and rewarding to accidently hit a pet with something despite you clearly aiming at the player?
    • Should a passive ability really give you 100% damage reduction on some abilities due to them not actually hitting you?

Absurd idea.

- and most of all, meet one sorc healer and see what happen if pet is allowed to stay alive ;)

Equally absurd idea:
    Learn how to play without the crutch of free shields that wreak havoc on an already poor targeting system. You're already playing one of the most brain-dead easy classes in the game — how much of an advantage do you need?

[edit]
    Or a compromise: the same rules apply to everyone & pets interrupt the line of sight for everybody (including the pet's owner) except the owner just can't damage them.

That seems perfectly logical & fair to me — especially for the people saying "LULZ, just learn to aim." I imagine they'd have no problem with it at all, seeing as they're apparently so adept at aiming.
    Edited by Langeston on December 16, 2019 7:28PM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    Gravord wrote: »

Absurd idea.

Equally absurd idea:
    Learn how to play without the crutch of free shields that wreak havoc on an already poor targeting system. You're already playing one of the most brain-dead easy classes in the game — how much of an advantage do you need?

this.
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

People are really only talking about the flying chicken. The clanfear and scamp are low and you can target over/around them fairly easily. The Atro is an ultimate; portable LOS on an ultimate seems totally reasonable. Warden bear and blastbones and ww pets are also targetable but like the clanfear, it's manageable.

The giant flappy thing, though, has a hitbox the size of Auridon and teleports around all over the place. Hence why people also complain about sorc pets at turn-in stations.

My solution would be to make it a different daedroth without giant flapping wings OR trim the hitbox off the wings and only apply to the body.

P.S. And while they are at, sorc pets could use a facelift. When you compare their appearance to the art coming out now, they look pretty bad.

First off, yes please facelift. The black demonic scamp from IC for example, looks so much better than the bright purple, and ties into aesthetic design elements much better. Same with clanfear, look at the one in I think it's Wailing Prisons, way nicer looking.

Second off, pet los has arguably been staple to the class since the beginning and imo I've rarely taken it over practical abilities. No amount of portable los is worth sacrificing two slots for. Ever.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No amount of portable los is worth sacrificing two slots for. Ever.
    giphy.gif?cid=790b761126b452d3668907479200da8f53780923143e893c&rid=giphy.gif
    I suspect the portable menageries running around the BGs might have a different opinion on the matter. :D
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    No amount of portable los is worth sacrificing two slots for. Ever.
    giphy.gif?cid=790b761126b452d3668907479200da8f53780923143e893c&rid=giphy.gif
    I suspect the portable menageries running around the BGs might have a different opinion on the matter. :D

Alright, and I would argue untargetable pets is just an opinion.

But I can do more with 2 slots than I ever could with 1 pet.
    Praise Malacath.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know they are already pretty much untargetable, if you hit one it teleports away and get all of its health back:) pretty much does this constantly. There is some hidden effect on it that should it drop below 20% health it immediately teleports to its owners side and instantly gets all of its health back, then comes back and starts attacking you again... way out of range and just straight up floats through objects somehow... I mean nerf please?????:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.