The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

It’s time for a One Tamriel 2.0

• MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    "INNOVATIVE" and "Other games" in one post...

But ok...

- Bigger chapters please. I am fine to pay more for larger stroy arcs
    - Make delves solo again please and let us earn some keys and transmute crystals in them
    - The undaunted solo delve mission rewards one token. n token can buy a mask.

- Make it impossible to steal scrolls while there is no population online aka at night. Scale the gate keep guards or whatever is needed to stop this. Give those in unfortunate timezones a different quest/work to fill their playtime.
    -
    - patch all resource towers:

Square, no platform. Bring back falling damage to Cyrodiil. The towers are the worst meme supporting structure atm. Borderline disgusting tbh. They should be mini keeps but without the staircase mania and without the possibility to jump down and survive it. Not even bosmer !

2737019_9ae94568.jpg

Delves already are solo....

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

You are right. But i mean solo instance. As they have been till One Tamriel. They have been one of the reasons why i am playing. The solo mission and now some of the Dirge missions are very boring when the delves are empty because 10 players are on the same mission.

• MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »

You are right. But i mean solo instance. As they have been till One Tamriel. They have been one of the reasons why i am playing. The solo mission and now some of the Dirge missions are very boring when the delves are empty because 10 players are on the same mission.

Oh I see.
  • berzerkdethb14_ESO1
    Funny, I have never seen guilds disappear, nor did anyone I know quit at any point. I personally slowed down on BGs a bit because not only do I not really need the EXP anymore but I'm not geared for it and don't feel like hindering any teams. I don't see what a specific small section of PvP has to do with the game population as a whole. I'm still loving it.

It's far worse for the game you love for you to stick your head in the sand. This IS happening, and it is more than obvious. 3 of the guilds I was a part of have crumbled (one was mine, so we'll say two) all of them were trial/pve guilds. The other guilds I'm in are trade guilds of which THEY are experiencing a sharp decline in activity.

literally all my old friends have stopped playing, too.

something bad is happening, and I'm not here to argue WHAT is happening, but something IS happening and it is NOT good
  • tplink3r1
    tplink3r1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    If a dealer sold you a car that rarely runs correctly and employed mechanics that could not fix it, would you return to that dealer to purchase another one?
    If even with its problems it still was the best dealer out there, then yes, i would, and this is the case with ESO for me.
    VR16 Templar
    VR3 Sorcerer
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Funny, I have never seen guilds disappear, nor did anyone I know quit at any point. I personally slowed down on BGs a bit because not only do I not really need the EXP anymore but I'm not geared for it and don't feel like hindering any teams. I don't see what a specific small section of PvP has to do with the game population as a whole. I'm still loving it.

The OP is clearly referring to endgame, both PVP and PVE. If you're using Battlegrounds for XP and "don't have the gear yet," their post wasn't necessarily referring to your demographic.
    idk wrote: »
    I thought Zos had just started a plan to improve performance of the game and were addressing class identity. Zos is also in the middle of a major combat overhaul which would have an effect on trial group composition though Zos has control over that beyond combat changes.

ofc, I have no idea what that has to do with 1T and as such seems to have nothing to do with a 1t 2.0.

I expect much of the exodus of players we have seen is due to change fatigue. I know some raiders that left before this combat overhaul due to change fatigue and the current plan is on steroids and is taking to long due to poor planning and oversight by management. OP does not even address that.

Interestingly, we might see the first increase in player numbers for November over last year which would be the first month that has happened July. The past thee months have all shown a decline over the same month last year via Steam Charts. Granted, that is limited information but it is the only information we have and is a valid source.

I think the problem with the current plan is it's taking place slowly over time, with wild meta shifts occurring simultaneously with bit-by-bit "performance improvements," creating a general feeling that ZoS is rather directionless and muddling through a rough period for the game, especially with regards to performance. It's for this reason that I dig the OP's idea of a "one Tamriel 2.0", where ZoS quietly works on a lot of these features then release them in one big update. Instead of having piecemeal changes that bring rounds upon rounds of intermittent crippling bugs and performance issues, make it a large, game re-defining update where all that pain can be experienced at once, instead of releasing "matchmaking improvements" which cause 12-man teams to be placed in BGs for no apparent reason.

In addition, an update of that nature, especially with performance at the center of it, would generate massive hype and lure lapsed players back. I think it's a solid idea.

I have once been a witness to a massive update like this. It took almost a year to get rid of everything that the playerbase was addressing, however, it brought new issues and new bugs with it, including broken classes.

You know what happened? After the year long wait, people got so pissed off that game nearly died. And it took nearly 2 years to get it back to where it was before, regardless of the fact that all these new critical issues have gotten fixed within 3 months after release.

People just had enough. They left, found a different game, created new "addiction" and stayed there.

I fear the same is going to happen to this wonderful game, but i sincerely DO hope that people will keep patient.
  • WeerW3ir
    WeerW3ir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    its not about the dragons. its about the lack of diversibility and the content. but who am i trying to misschief. ITS ABOUT THE NERFS!
  • Wifeaggro13
    Wifeaggro13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    The game has been on a downwards spiral since Elsweyr with players and guilds disappearing all over. Probably 50-70% of the regular high mmr BG population from a year ago is gone, a bunch of the high end PvErs I knew have quit or barely play, and entire guilds have vanished. At this rate, another mediocre DLC or two will likely be the final nail for even more players, and even if performance is somehow fixed and balance/class identity is improved, it might not be enough.

It’s time for ESO to have a massive One Tamriel 2.0 style update to put the game back on track. Performance needs to be DRASTICALLY improved, class identity, balance, and trial group compositions need to be sorted out, tons of bugs need to be fixed, group finder needs to work, and we need some INNOVATIVE and fresh content instead of copy pasta trial, dungeon, and arena mechanics.

Other games get new systems, new game mechanics, new races, new PvP arenas and gamemodes, new actual raids with more than 3 bosses and less copy pasta mechanics, new zone designs where your progression through zones actually does something and means something, etc. ESO doesn’t need to have all of this or copy other games, but it does need to be adding to and improving the game each year, and the non-substantive, copy pasta **** that was Year of the Dragon just doesn’t cut it. The last time we had an actual new content system was BGs in Morrowind, and the last game system was over a year ago with Summerset. Dragons could’ve been cool, but they ended up just being a reskinned dolmen. ZOS, please don’t let the Year of the Dragon be the year ESO died.

Next patch seems to be the line for a lot of players I’ve talked to, so hopefully ZOS will release something good.

Tje reality is they dont want to pump money into the game to design new systems and fix or finish old one. That would require hiring high dollar talent and taking the game in a different direction then the matt frior online rpg theory . If they had stuck to the original vision and design the game likely would have died sooner .not because it was bad .but they were so busy fudging around with the game post launch to make their console launch .they lost their player base for pc and had to redesign the game to attract a whole new player base.hopefully they paid off their 300 million dollar loan .
  • Inhuman003
    Inhuman003
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game has been on a downwards spiral since Elsweyr with players and guilds disappearing all over. Probably 50-70% of the regular high mmr BG population from a year ago is gone, a bunch of the high end PvErs I knew have quit or barely play, and entire guilds have vanished. At this rate, another mediocre DLC or two will likely be the final nail for even more players, and even if performance is somehow fixed and balance/class identity is improved, it might not be enough.

but they still tweets "JOIN 13 MILLION ACTIVE PLAYERS AND GROWING!".........

lol ZOS will change ***, and people will still play this game well into 2021, guaranteed.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But ok...

- Make delves solo again please and let us earn some keys and transmute crystals in them

- Make it impossible to steal scrolls while there is no population online aka at night. Scale the gate keep guards or whatever is needed to stop this. Give those in unfortunate timezones a different quest/work to fill their playtime.
    -

Square, no platform. Bring back falling damage to Cyrodiil. The towers are the worst meme supporting structure atm. Borderline disgusting tbh. They should be mini keeps but without the staircase mania and without the possibility to jump down and survive it. Not even bosmer !

2737019_9ae94568.jpg

can you imagine they change all rss structure in Cyrodiil into the tubular tower in PvE overworld where there's only a TINY path way winding up, and a small platform on top? where it's high enough that if u fall its guaranteed death?

...........and they put the flag on the top of the tower? :triumph::trollface::lol:
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • TheHsN
    TheHsN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which game you are playing. Can you write the name that I can download?
    Plays:
    Magicka SORC - PvE/PvP
    Stamina NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka NB - PvE/PvP
    Magicka Templar - PvE
    Stamina Templar - PvP
    Magicka DK - PvE
    Stamina DK - PvE
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Truth is ZOS has been cutting corners for years lol

Cyrodiil being neglected completely up until the changes to damaging bridges and the new outposts but thats all theres been in 5 years lol its ridiculous

ESO could have had a PVP system out of this world and would have been a huge MMO/PVP attraction just on Cyrodiil alone and the potential it had.
    Unforunately servers and performance was simply not up for it and ZOS themselves were not up for it. ALWAYS trying to appeal to the PVE crowd with pretty much every single DLC being PVE related.

The open space and size of Cyrodiil and the copy paste design of the keeps were big flaws that were never adressed.

Can you imagine taking a real keep? With a dungeon beneath, 4-5+ floors and the flag being right at the top, various forms of siege weapons and strategy, battles that can be over 100 people but with great performance?

Thats the alliance war we wanted but never got

That alliance war would kill any PVP.
    It would require a stupid amount of people to defend and attack things. It would be like asking for 40 man raids again.

If you really think the 40 man raid world should make a come back you never ran one. Roster boss is the worst boss.

@Urvoth
    "As a casual player, you’re really only going to be aware of the casual guilds that are probably going to be around casually doing content till the servers shut down."
    Worrying about noncasual guilds vanishing is a really poor metric. They vanish and reform all the time due to the nature of being competitive. Someone always burns out. Someone always causes drama. Someone always thinks they could do better.
    It's weirder when a competitive guild lasts for years and years since they are generally statistical anomalies.
    Edited by nafensoriel on November 29, 2019 3:31PM
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    Truth is ZOS has been cutting corners for years lol

Cyrodiil being neglected completely up until the changes to damaging bridges and the new outposts but thats all theres been in 5 years lol its ridiculous

ESO could have had a PVP system out of this world and would have been a huge MMO/PVP attraction just on Cyrodiil alone and the potential it had.
    Unforunately servers and performance was simply not up for it and ZOS themselves were not up for it. ALWAYS trying to appeal to the PVE crowd with pretty much every single DLC being PVE related.

The open space and size of Cyrodiil and the copy paste design of the keeps were big flaws that were never adressed.

Can you imagine taking a real keep? With a dungeon beneath, 4-5+ floors and the flag being right at the top, various forms of siege weapons and strategy, battles that can be over 100 people but with great performance?

Thats the alliance war we wanted but never got

That alliance war would kill any PVP.
    It would require a stupid amount of people to defend and attack things. It would be like asking for 40 man raids again.

If you really think the 40 man raid world should make a come back you never ran one. Roster boss is the worst boss.

@Urvoth
    "As a casual player, you’re really only going to be aware of the casual guilds that are probably going to be around casually doing content till the servers shut down."
    Worrying about noncasual guilds vanishing is a really poor metric. They vanish and reform all the time due to the nature of being competitive. Someone always burns out. Someone always causes drama. Someone always thinks they could do better.
    It's weirder when a competitive guild lasts for years and years since they are generally statistical anomalies.

That’s true, but the players in the guilds are disappearing too, not just joining or making a new guild. If the guild just disbanded and people reformed, it wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary, but by guilds disappearing, I mean literally entire guilds have been quitting the game.
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Proper chapters the size of Cyrodill EACH and uncut and spread by DLC...with proper story and quests that are engaging...look back at the most recent elsweyr I swear I liked and felt more attacked by the quests and npc in Pellitine than in Anequina...and im someone who literally worships khajiit and khajiit lore etc...THAT IS UNNACEPTABLE!
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s true, but the players in the guilds are disappearing too, not just joining or making a new guild. If the guild just disbanded and people reformed, it wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary, but by guilds disappearing, I mean literally entire guilds have been quitting the game.

ESO has been around for 5 years now. It's not really that crazy to see guilds move on or even mass migration.
    Jeeze back in the WoW days every two to three years you'd see the entire upper structure of servers change.

I really hate to say it but that kind of fluctuation is actually normal for MMOs. Someone comes in, plays for a year or two, moves on to the next new thing. Some of them come back when "NBT" is released for the MMO like an expansion then they quit again and go play something else.

The guild finder actually makes the flux harder to metric by players as well because now joining a guild is silent and no longer word of mouth.

ESO has a huge amount of mass in it. It will take a decade for it to die even when it finally starts the downward slope. We aren't there yet though.

• Eclipse0990
    Eclipse0990
    ✭✭✭
    OR...new crown crates?
    Raid leader for Undead Nuns (DC-EU-KaalWhaterveritscallednowdays)
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ESO has been around for 5 years now. It's not really that crazy to see guilds move on or even mass migration.
    Jeeze back in the WoW days every two to three years you'd see the entire upper structure of servers change.

I really hate to say it but that kind of fluctuation is actually normal for MMOs. Someone comes in, plays for a year or two, moves on to the next new thing. Some of them come back when "NBT" is released for the MMO like an expansion then they quit again and go play something else.

The guild finder actually makes the flux harder to metric by players as well because now joining a guild is silent and no longer word of mouth.

ESO has a huge amount of mass in it. It will take a decade for it to die even when it finally starts the downward slope. We aren't there yet though.

I agree there will always be fluctuation, and people have left before even during good patches, but this time seems much worse. Large amounts of end game players have quit over the last few patches, and those types generally stick around longer, especially since a lot of the ones I know have been here since launch and are just quitting now.
  • Cążki
    Cążki
    ✭✭✭✭
    I told you, create pvp server where factions are splited. ATM Cyro is only road to fun after instanced trial gaming, but cyro is stagnant. SO tell me where is a point to play this game? Seriusly, if they make OPEn world pvp faction splited server so i will comeback to game fast. AND LOTS OF PEOPLE DOWN THERE! Random stories DLC's are to predictable. The trtuth is more mass is on to not spend time on reading this all bunch of shiety stories but they waiting to play this game for beautiful combat sysytem. But YES if ZOS make competitive places where factions are fighting to enter trails it would be nice. Also they need to do something with cp 160 item level and 810 cp.

make open world pvp server system where factions are spltied and they fighting for gear,
    priority in qest, places , trails, influence zone and diplomacy, TRY to imagine bunch of Ebon Pack players sneaking for influence in aldmeri dominion -Malabal Tor zone disturbing some players there ?
    rubbing off each other for worth reason to get somewhere and gear

this is what eso shuld have if it want to stand in next seasons of market

-
    Edited by Cążki on December 3, 2019 4:52PM
    Altmer skooma dealer.
    PC-EU

• Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    grannas211 wrote: »

It’s time for ESO to have a massive One Tamriel 2.0 style update to put the game back on track. Performance needs to be DRASTICALLY improved, class identity, balance, and trial group compositions need to be sorted out, tons of bugs need to be fixed, group finder needs to work, and we need some INNOVATIVE and fresh content instead of copy pasta trial, dungeon, and arena mechanics.

Other games get new systems, new game mechanics, new races, new PvP arenas and gamemodes, new actual raids with more than 3 bosses and less copy pasta mechanics, new zone designs where your progression through zones actually does something and means something, etc. ESO doesn’t need to have all of this or copy other games, but it does need to be adding to and improving the game each year, and the non-substantive, copy pasta **** that was Year of the Dragon just doesn’t cut it. The last time we had an actual new content system was BGs in Morrowind, and the last game system was over a year ago with Summerset. Dragons could’ve been cool, but they ended up just being a reskinned dolmen. ZOS, please don’t let the Year of the Dragon be the year ESO died.

Next patch seems to be the line for a lot of players I’ve talked to, so hopefully ZOS will release something good.

All that sounds amazing. Well I dunno about more races, but Im not opposed to it. But also rated Arenas.

It's insane that 6 years later, we still don't have PvP arenas... This game have the slowest updates of any other MMO out there...
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ON GOD! Back when the game worked properly lol.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

All that sounds amazing. Well I dunno about more races, but Im not opposed to it. But also rated Arenas.

It's insane that 6 years later, we still don't have PvP arenas... This game have the slowest updates of any other MMO out there...

No arenas, alternate BG modes/2 team BGs, private lobbies, actual ranking system, group duels, etc. It’s crazy that we still don’t have the ability to turn on PvP in houses after several years of housing being in the game.

It really feels like PvP is in a low-effort maintenance mode since pretty much nothing significant has been added or changed since Morrowind.

The PvP population definitely has decreased over the years, but most of that has been due to bad updates and neglect towards PvP content. ESO has a really solid core combat system for PvP, and it has so much potential to be big if zos were to actually add stuff for it.

Even adding something basic like the ability to turn on PvP and make PvP maps in houses would be huge.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has a different experience and will say anything to prove their point.

I would love to see a list of other games who added all these awesome mechanics and are still alive like the OP speaks of.

C'mon dont be shy.
  • dcam86b14_ESO
    dcam86b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chelo wrote: »

PvP wise yes but ESO has the most updates and content in general than most games due to its parent company.

However Pvp is to blame for the current state of combat and the decline of the pop. So if the PvP sucks its because the PvP players wont stop complaining and L2P
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that the game code needs an overhaul, and ZOS has acknowledged this and says they’re working on it, so I’m RPing as a casual until I see what happens.

As for players and guilds disappearing, this is nothing new. I’ve been here since beta, and I’ve dropped probably 5 guilds over the years that have faded away due to the players that actively organized things going inactive. This is especially true of hard core trials/PvP guilds. All it takes is for the handful of members that run groups to get bored and stop doing so for the guild to fall apart. They often come back for awhile when major changes or new content drop, but it’s just the nature of games. People get bored and move on, but hopefully get replaced by new players to keep the population heathy.

I can’t say for sure if player population overall is down. The newer zones are full of people, and the starter base zones are pretty active, but some of the smaller dlc zones like Hew’s Bane are ghost towns most of the time, and only 1 Cyrodiil server has somewhat consistent population, unlike the past, when there were enough players to keep 2-3 servers active. I really doubt the game is in serious jeopardy, but It definitely needs the promised overhaul to prevent a death spiral from beginning.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But ok...

-

2737019_9ae94568.jpg

Dude seriously this has gotta be a joke. You want them to dumb down resource towers so it's easier for you to zerg down solo players? Do you even understand how pathetic that is? The only thing disgusting here is a zerg of players that are so thirsty they chase down 2 or 3 players for 10 minutes straight. You choose to chase us, and get Xed. Deal with it internally, and go back to zerging empty keeps for another year or two.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kalante wrote: »
    farm dolmens, delves, dragons, solo quest. yawn.. I can't think of anything more boring to do other than that along with fishing. The real fun is when you do trials and pvp which none work properly due to performance isssues with bad class balance and poor gear diversity. A game is successful when you gain serious competitive players.

Why? What is there to win?

And what is wrong with enjoying delves, dragons and solo quests? And even fishing!

This is an rpg. Not an fps.
  • Ommy71
    Ommy71
    ✭✭✭
    No. It's time for Elder Scroll 6.
    ommyy - Stamblade - Brigadier - Master Angler - Former Emperor - All trophies Done - Stormproof - 27400 Achievement Points....
    PC-EU
  • NettleCarrier
    NettleCarrier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Funny, I’m not sure how people doing BGs for XP are remotely relevant what I’m talking about, nor do I comprehend how you feel justified in talking about BGs if you aren’t even geared for them. I wasn’t talking specifically about BGs, but that was one illustration used, in conjunction with others, to demonstrate the poor state of the game.

As a casual player, you’re really only going to be aware of the casual guilds that are probably going to be around casually doing content till the servers shut down.

Sorry, stopped checking the forums for a bit so I didn't catch replies to my comment. Everyone who's responded to it seems to think that I was talking about XP or being casual, when both of those were wrong. I'm at 712 CP, I have 14 characters over 50 and all are trial geared. I'm speaking as someone who deals primarily with end game PvE and who has one character geared for PvP which I run Cyrodil with to progress through ranks with the occasional Battleground. FFS people, I thought Reddit was obnoxious.
    GM of Gold Coast Corsairs - PCNA
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    If a dealer sold you a car that rarely runs correctly and employed mechanics that could not fix it, would you return to that dealer to purchase another one?

Yes, f they were the only dealer on planet Earth that sold DeLoreans. Supply and Demand. They have the supply for an MMORPG with RvRvR PVP, horizontal gear progression, action based combat that requires manual dodging and blocking, no tab targeting, Western Art Style, etc. They are the only source for an MMORPG with those specs, and my demand for that type of game doesn't just go away....so, supply and demand.