Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DPS sets

RABIDxWOLVERINE
RABIDxWOLVERINE
✭✭✭✭
I’m looking to get back into dungeons and trials but it’s been awhile and I was hoping to get some recommendations on sets to pursue to make my build better. I mainly play a stam dk. Currently run vo hundings and Selenes. Any recommendations would be awesome. Thanks
Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Body: Relequen, perfect or imperfect. Near-universal armor across all stam DPS

Monster: Velidreth, Selene's, or Stormfist. Your call.

Weapons & Jewelry varies. Perfected Lokkesiitz is the meta with coordinated groups. Advancing Yokeda, aka Berserking Warrior, is probably the best damage set if you are not in a coordinated group; second best if you are. Leviathan is AY-lite in that it gives you nearly as much crit as AY, but is much easier to farm. Briarheart is another strong set and can be bought at guild stores. Some still run War Machine. Haven't in a while, so can't speak as to its current effectiveness.

Some people have been going with the non-Perfected Lokke. They will probably disagree with me, but I think AY outperforms that set if you can keep your stacks up. I think Leviathan is also more reliable than that set because that set, like the perfected version, requires synergies to get the damage buff. If you are not getting those, you are not getting the DPS from the 5th piece.

Finally, there is a new crafted set called New Moon Acolyte. Haven't tried it out. But I'm skeptical of the 5th piece that bumps up skill costs to give more weapon damage. I think VO is probably better than it
    Edited by El_Borracho on December 4, 2019 12:26AM
  • Rory_FightingToFifty
    You now get credit for two items from a two-handed weapon, which means meta is mostly 5/5/2 setups for any given character.

For stam DPS, Hundings/Briarheart/Velidreth is a great starter setup, then as you play trials you can swap the briar out for the relequen stuff mentioned above.

I recommend making the jewelry from the craft set if using a craft set...this will save you a lot of trouble.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another monster set to look at would be Maarselok.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you haven't checked them out already, and don't mind cookie cutter builds Alcast has gear sets for a few tiers of player level in most of his builds.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @El_Borracho I need to get AY thats from Hel Ra correct?
    @Turelus I kinda run Alcasts Venom build but Im somewhere in between beginner and master Im just trying to get more sets.
    @TBois Thanks ill look into it.
    @Rory_FightingToFifty I have all 3 of those sets. Im just not sure what to run and dont have time to test everything I have.

The sets I currently have are as follows;
    Monster set + Set 1 + Set 2
    Selenes - Hundings - Vicious Ophidian
    Velidreth - Briarheart - Two fang snake
    Iceheart - NMG - Leviathan
    Kraghs - Mech Acuity - Spriggans
    Might Chudan- Dragonguard Elite - Sunderflame
    Valkyn Skoria -
    Bloodspawn -

Right now I can mix any monster set with 1x set 1 and 1x set 2. Im working on Adding to the crafted sets so they can be used together or with Briarhearts and I want to start finishing off Lokke and Relequen (non perfected of course lol) and im going to start collecting AY. are there any other sets worth collecting?

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm in between as well. I managed to obtain Relenq before VO, but from what you've got, you're probably best using the Hundings plus VO with monster Selene or Velidreth, your choice.

From my test parses, my current best combo for dungeons and trials is 5 body Relenq, Hundings weapons and jewelry, and Velidreth. Just got 4 Lokke last night so I'll be testing that next.

I'm slowly working on vma.

Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @RABIDxWOLVERINE Correct. You only want weapons and jewelry for AY. Body is heavy armor. It does not come with a bow as its a melee set.

EDIT: Probably does not need to be said, but run HRC on vet for the jewelry. The gold and purple drop and a very good rate. For the daggers/axes, doesn't really matter if its normal or vet. But vet really isn't that hard. People also tend to be more generous with sharing drops in HRC than in Cloudrest and SS, too.
    Edited by El_Borracho on December 9, 2019 7:32PM
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    @El_Borracho what do you use for bow? I don’t have vma bow cause I can’t beat it with my dk and I’ve never tried vdsa yet I’ve only ran it on normal once and I really want to try the harder content but I just don’t feel like I’m good enough.

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @El_Borracho what do you use for bow? I don’t have vma bow cause I can’t beat it with my dk and I’ve never tried vdsa yet I’ve only ran it on normal once and I really want to try the harder content but I just don’t feel like I’m good enough.

Until then, you can run the VO bow. You will get the 833 crit buff with it. I did that until I got the Master's bow. Also, Leviathan is very underrated and comes with a bow. I run it with Relequen on a stam necro. Works better than AY on that build because there is not as much melee in the rotation. Whereas I run Relequen + AY on my stamblade because its all melee.

I ran a StamDK for a long time in this game and know what you are talking about with the difficulty of running vMA and vDSA (ended up converting him into a PVE tank and PVP DPS. RIP PVE DPS for him). There are 2 options you can explore. One is to find a good group or guild that will help you through vDSA for the bow. Might even be able to find one on these boards. The second is to build a magsorc / petsorc to run vMA and vDSA. Stam is a true disadvantage to run both arenas with given the lack of shields and any heals other than vigor. You need to be on and familiar with the mechanics/adds/bosses in each to have a real chance. With a sorc, you can run vDSA with even some sketchy groups. Probably be able to go back into vMA and have more success. I did. It was an eye-opening difference.

The vMA bow is the best, but the Master's bow is a nice step up in damage. The vBRP bow is below that, with the Asylum bow being on the bottom (its more of a PVP weapon). I'd run a VO bow over the Asylum bow.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭

Until then, you can run the VO bow. You will get the 833 crit buff with it. I did that until I got the Master's bow. Also, Leviathan is very underrated and comes with a bow. I run it with Relequen on a stam necro. Works better than AY on that build because there is not as much melee in the rotation. Whereas I run Relequen + AY on my stamblade because its all melee.

I ran a StamDK for a long time in this game and know what you are talking about with the difficulty of running vMA and vDSA (ended up converting him into a PVE tank and PVP DPS. RIP PVE DPS for him). There are 2 options you can explore. One is to find a good group or guild that will help you through vDSA for the bow. Might even be able to find one on these boards. The second is to build a magsorc / petsorc to run vMA and vDSA. Stam is a true disadvantage to run both arenas with given the lack of shields and any heals other than vigor. You need to be on and familiar with the mechanics/adds/bosses in each to have a real chance. With a sorc, you can run vDSA with even some sketchy groups. Probably be able to go back into vMA and have more success. I did. It was an eye-opening difference.

The vMA bow is the best, but the Master's bow is a nice step up in damage. The vBRP bow is below that, with the Asylum bow being on the bottom (its more of a PVP weapon). I'd run a VO bow over the Asylum bow.

I've got the VO bow, so I may have to look at that.

Any thoughts regarding running a magwarden through vma? The pain is real for stamblade.

Xbox-NA

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    azjuwelz wrote: »

I've got the VO bow, so I may have to look at that.

Any thoughts regarding running a magwarden through vma? The pain is real for stamblade.

Haven't run a warden yet in anything. Tried and failed on round 5 with the StamDK. Got to round 6 with the stamblade and took a hiatus as I found myself truly hating the experience. That's when I rolled the petsorc and the heavy attack magsorc. People call it "easy mode." Its not easy, but waaaaay easier than those two.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol okay. Maybe I'll just have to try it and see!
    Xbox-NA

• xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any thoughts regarding running a magwarden through vma?

Magden vMA is easymode. Necropotence + Ice Heart + Spinner/IA/Juli.

XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    xWarbrain wrote: »
    Any thoughts regarding running a magwarden through vma?

Magden vMA is easymode. Necropotence + Ice Heart + Spinner/IA/Juli.

Now I want to give this a try. Thanks. Been waiting for a good reason to create a warden alt
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @RABIDxWOLVERINE

Not an expert but I follow current ideas. Some thoughts on the best setups with current gear and what sets to farm that should significantly increase damage. I didn't point out slight minor increases (eg a lot are using NMA over hundings; I just kept Hundings to focus on the big jumps). Pretty much in all scenarios with the gear you have Hunding or Briarheart (H/B) with VO will be best bet as you need VO for minor slayer the other body sets are niche or not used:

NMG: StamDK has AOE major fracture on everything all the time so this set is redundant now
    Mechanical Acuity: could be used in PvP for burst; unknown if relatively powerful now
    Dragonguard Elite: good but has niche uses (good to use to farm Lokk as it works well on Dragons)

Trial Stack: any Relequen + perfect Lokk
    Trial Cleave: H/B + pLokk
    Trial Trash: Azureblight/H/B + pLokk
    Dungeon Single Target: Relequen + pLokk
    Dungeon AOE: H/B + pLokk
    Arenas: depends on group (or solo); combinations of VO, Lokk, TFS, Leviathan would work well

If in a low synergy/sustain/damage group particularly in dungeons, VO may work better than Lokk.

So, key sets to get would be Relequen (normal or vet Cloudrest) and perfect Lokk (pLokk) from Vet Sunspire.

Having body VO is easy to get and provides some flexibility
    Azurebight is a particularly interesting AOE set that leverages StamDK

If you want to jump into the most advanced trial groups as soon as possible but still catching up on damage, having Morag Tong and Alkosh will help you bring more total Group DPS.

PvP wise: Hundings, Spriggans are still good sets. Medium armor is not glass cannon only now with the option of the new resistance potion.

Note StamDK bring solid group benefits:
    AOE Major Fracture
    Stonefist debuff
    Stonefist procs class minor buff
  • And0ssus
    And0ssus
    ✭✭✭
    Don't sleep on Tzvogins and New Moon.
    Both are really good Options when u can't run Relequen.
    especially in AoE Fights.
    New Moon has the better Burst (be aware of the cost increase, but u can compensate it with consumming Trap for example) and with Tzvogins you don't have to care about the minor Force Buff.
    If Trash Fights last longer than 30 sec (Channeld Acceleration) u would waste a lot of time, but its personal preference.
    In Raids were u can't benefit from Rele (Lots of target switching, Lot of Aoe needed) or u can't cast barbed Trap reliable, tzogvins is a pretty common choice too.

Don't sleep on the master 2h. In AoE Fights u get insane dmg Out of Cleave and a huge shield.

Other Sets for stams would be: Hundings Rage, Briarheart, Spriggans/twice fanged snake (good for vma or If U need Penetration), Leviathan, VO, AY, flanking strategist.

Most are already Said.

Monsterset whise u have a few choices.
    Stormfist - AoE/Sustain
    Maarselok - ST/AoE Cleave ... raidheavy Monsterset, because u need a decent amount of negative effects on the target and really Sustainheavy
    Velidreth - decent Combination of ST and AoE Cleave
    Kra'gh - Mellee ST and AoE Cleave ... very helpfull If some Pen needed
    Selene - pure ST.
    Slime Craw - if you need minor Berserk and can't get use out of camouflaged Hunter/haven't Space on your Skillbar

In Dungeons i normally use Velidreth, If U need some extra Sustain go for Stormfist.
    In Raids i normally go for Selene on Bosses or if u need a little Bit of AoE i go for Velidreth.
    In Trashfights i would use Stormfist if i wouldn't have master 2h.
    Edited by And0ssus on December 17, 2019 4:41AM