The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dear ZOS, an upgrade on the update of the update of the cancelled Undaunted event, please!

okiav
okiav
✭✭✭
Upgrade the update, please!
:)
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a meme picture for this... :tongue:
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The forums on the Undaunted event:

"Dad, are we there yet?"
    "I'll tell you when there's anything new to report or something changes."
    "Dad, are we there yet?"
    "Dad, its been awhile. Are we there yet?"
    "Dad, are we there yet?"
    "Seriously, Dad, I've been reeeealllly patient. Are we there yet?"
  • okiav
    okiav
    ✭✭✭
    It's good to know you guys don't care.
    I still do.
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be fair, we are at about the point where it would be too late to add anything before new life. I would expect an update no later than today or tomorrow.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course we care.

But the history of these event announcements shows that they usually announce the exact starting and ending dates and times of an event on the day before the event starts. They may also give a preliminary announcement weeks or even months before that.

In this case, Gina mentioned over a week ago that they were thinking of having the Undaunted event between the Dragonguard event and the New Life event. Given that the Undaunted event was previously scheduled to start on a Thursday and end on the following Monday, there's only one weekend that fits Gina's earlier statement-- this coming Thursday (2 days from now) through Monday of next week. We don't know for certain that that's the plan, but if it is then we can expect the announcement to be posted tomorrow.

We go through this same scenario every time there's going to be an event-- six or more threads from people demanding to be told when the event is going to start. And every single time we have to wait until the day before the event before the official announcement is posted.

So, yes, we do care-- but this repetition of the same multiple threads demanding an announcement every single time is fitting the definition of insanity-- repeating the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »
    Of course we care.

But the history of these event announcements shows that they usually announce the exact starting and ending dates and times of an event on the day before the event starts. They may also give a preliminary announcement weeks or even months before that.

In this case, Gina mentioned over a week ago that they were thinking of having the Undaunted event between the Dragonguard event and the New Life event. Given that the Undaunted event was previously scheduled to start on a Thursday and end on the following Monday, there's only one weekend that fits Gina's earlier statement-- this coming Thursday (2 days from now) through Monday of next week. We don't know for certain that that's the plan, but if it is then we can expect the announcement to be posted tomorrow.

We go through this same scenario every time there's going to be an event-- six or more threads from people demanding to be told when the event is going to start. And every single time we have to wait until the day before the event before the official announcement is posted.

So, yes, we do care-- but this repetition of the same multiple threads demanding an announcement every single time is fitting the definition of insanity-- repeating the same thing over and over but expecting a different result.

Sounds like ZOS could fix this little problem in about 30 seconds if they cared.

• Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm kind of afraid for the undaunted event to return because I'm not so sure the group finder is actually fixed. It's the one event that really puts the GF to the test. Hope it's not more disappointment and server lag. Please pleasantly surprise us ZOS!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    okiav wrote: »
    It's good to know you guys don't care.
    I still do.

I care enough to have bookmarked the pinned Update post so I'll get an email notification whenever Gina has something new to say or something changes, like she said she would. Back when we were getting updated by a specific time, that worked wonders for my impatient desire to refresh the main page constantly. It still works wonders now that we're waiting for ZOS to update the update when they've said they'll update: something new happens or changes in plan.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That post was from six days ago.

Leave the forum moderation to the moderators.
  • ZOS_FalcoYamaoka
    Greetings,

This thread has been closed as it is a duplicate of another thread by the OP. Original thread can be found here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/504217/any-update-on-that-undaunted-event#latest
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.