The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

All the ongoing Mac issues and ZOS# communications failure.

Carmina
Carmina
✭✭✭
Just thought, since all the other crap is lost in threads with other names, we should remind ZOS that ESO on the Mac is still one of the worst experiences in the Mac universe. Otherwise Gina and the rest of the unstoppable Community team might just be tempted to rest on their laurels... which they never got... so they rest on.... trash?

- Login screen
Lots of users get a white login screen, and have to do some weird stuff in order to get to the Login page

- Fullscreen mode
Remember pre-murkmire, you could actually have the game in real fullscreen and tab out of it. Most people got used to it, but try playing WoW and see how nice that is. And, it obviously can work.

- Spinning toon
Still seems to be an issue, since people complain about it.

- Framerates
Well, or not frame rates. Compared to Windows, Mac frame rates are crappy, although Metal 2 should actually be better using the same hardware.

I am just thinking... There was a pretty much one year announcement that the Launcher would not work. Actually, more than that. And ZOS did not get the Launcher to work until AFTER the launch of Catalina. And they had the nerve to tell us "we found out that the Launcher does not work"... I mean, people here were telling them for ages! But "they found out". Props to ZOS for not reading the forum, and then finding out on their own, I guess. So that makes them a good company. Because they found out by themselves.

Let's see. If I say "Wow, Nightblades are so OP in PvP, let's nerf them" that will be done in a couple days. If I say "The whole game experience on a Mac is trash" it will be done..... never.

Well, ZOS is not seeing any Plus money from me until they fix this. Those 12 Euros a month go to Blizzard now. I feel like they at least care.

C.
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    I've described my struggles with the .app time and again in here. Not going to do that.

Instead I'll urge for the millionth time for ZoS to hire. a. macOS. dev. for. a. proper. packaged. application.
    Sure the .app loads the game code, but it's lacking/horrible at every single other thing. What's the point?

Consistency within each supported platform should be right up there with the performance improvements!!!!!!!!
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can add a new weird bug.

The game now crashes to a Mac (not eso) login screen. Then when you relog back into your computer, eso is still playing (you can hear it) but the application appears to be closed not even showing up in the force quit window.

The only way to really close eso is to use the “activity monitor” utility.

Also during this I have a screenshot of the game using over 260% of my cpu. How is that even possible?
  • Deeprave
    Deeprave
    ✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    Also during this I have a screenshot of the game using over 260% of my cpu. How is that even possible?

260% refers to CPU capacity per core. How that actually equates to 100% across all cores depends on how many your system has.
  • Jeth
    Jeth
    ✭✭✭
    I'm certain there is a Pulitzer for the worst development organization of the century. We're less than 20 years in and ZOS has the next 82 years locked up and the prize money will cover their customer loses.
    -Jeth
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would compare ZOS's Catalina update with that of some of the professional software products I use for my work.

Both had ample warning that the Catalina update would invalidate their 32-bit products. I presume that all put some kind of production note into their schedules. And did some kind of preliminary development work.

As of today (Dec 10 2019) many of them, ZOS included, have released updated software that works with Catalina (ie it doesn't fail to load). Some have not and some of them have specifically written to their clients advising them not to update at this time.

So I'd have to say that given no one knew exactly how Catalina would behave until the day it was launched, ZOS's performance on updating their launcher was par for the course. Their main issue at launch of Catalina was that some people had updated their systems so quickly that they had to redownload the new, 64-bit launcher rather than allow it to reinstall itself under the previous OS.

Where ZOS fell down is their lamentable inability to communicate effectively with their Mac using players. Every one of my professional software products had a separate page about Catalina on their website and flagged it up as the OS launch drew near. Even if that page was saying, "please don't update at the moment". These were complemented by emails addressing the issue and giving an idea of what each company was doing and a rough timescale that they thought was realistic. The most important aspect of these was not the date of release, but the fact that each company clearly thought this issue was important enough to me that they should let me know exactly what was going on.

I'd love ZOS to be more effective in their communications and far, far less defensive. I have no desire to micromanage their performance, but I would like to know what was going on and feel that the Mac community was really important to them.