The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The life of a solo player in PvP

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    All I see you "dealing" with, is getting zerged down because you've made yourself into an annoyance. When you're 1v1 or vs a small group you're wrecking people easily.

Being a solo player also doesn't have to be lonely. Zerg surfing.
    Let me show you what your comment looks like
    [img][/img]tb8ticV.png

That is pretty funny.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://youtu.be/5gpB3Q6isUY

What I truly deal with on a daily basis in pvp 🤦‍♂️

Nothing is more pathetic than watching gangs beat up on lone players and then to see them actually have the nerve to teabag that person as if they did something special. People who gang up on others like that - especially when they chase them down like a pack of wild dogs - ought to be embarrassed it took so many of them to kill a single person, let alone should they be trying to brag about it afterwards.

But to your point, this game's PvP is terrible when the odds are uneven - especially if you are alone against multiple players. It 's just poorly designed for it. Night Blade (and possibly sorceress) are the only two classes who have a reliable escape ability, and even those have to be used quickly before you are focused by multiple players or even those can be risky.

It would be nice if numbers wasn't such a determining factor and players could actually strategically engage superior numbers and then get away before they died (it would make PvP on this game a lot more fun if you could). But sadly that's next to impossible to pull off on this game against competent opponents. In short; solo PvP on this game usually sucks. It's only rarely fun, and that's mostly due to inexperienced opponents or the rare unicorn of a fair fight.

If I were you, I would just grab resources or something when you go to Cyrodil (the PvE fights are actually pretty fun - a lot more fun than trying to go up against superior numbers in PvP). Spare yourself the torture, OP.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 7, 2019 6:23PM
  • Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly PvP with my guild, but when I play solo, I watch the map for opportunities to contribute to ongoing attacks or defenses, scout, or look for opportunities to serve the campaign without attracting undue attention. You don't need to be part of a group to contribute, although it makes it easier, but you need to be realistic when selecting your objectives and willing to laugh it off (or celebrate, depending on what you hoped to accomplish) when 20 enemies descend on your poor ballistae.
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imryll wrote: »
    I mostly PvP with my guild, but when I play solo, I watch the map for opportunities to contribute to ongoing attacks or defenses, scout, or look for opportunities to serve the campaign without attracting undue attention. You don't need to be part of a group to contribute, although it makes it easier, but you need to be realistic when selecting your objectives and willing to laugh it off (or celebrate, depending on what you hoped to accomplish) when 20 enemies descend on your poor ballistae.

Exactly this, Cyro obviously wasn't designed for solo play so the odds of getting good 1vX opportunities are low... I enjoy going solo a lot more when I'm attempting to play the objective rather than when I'm just trying to get good fights. Sometimes that ends up in "reverse Zerg surfing" where I'm solo taking an outpost or defending a keep, and then when a Zerg shows up to help I actually welcome it.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    show me a 1vx video where the 1 is xing anything other than potatoes.

It’s Cyrodiil, designed for small to large GROUP play. Yes you can solo, and yes you might get to clip an unorganized non communicating group of people — but I guarantee you wouldn’t be able to take out 2 people who know what they are doing or of similar caliber. Well you might — but it’s less likely to happen. But you’d probably turn around and say you got zerged down bc of that one xtra person if you loss.

I like playing solo too — but, I don’t cry when I get zerged down.

Also another annoying thing in PvP is people who “know each other”, from different alliances and refuse to fight or will hop into a 1v1 because their buddy is about to get handed an L.

Most ball groups I know will not attack a solo player unless provoked —yes there’s crappy people, but as solo 1vX god tier player, it shouldn’t matter right? I mean if you’re good you can 1vX anyone. Unless of course you can’t. Which goes back to my original statement, potatoes will potate.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solo Yolo For Life
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TBois wrote: »
    CompM4s wrote: »
    People who stick to a “zerg” will not fully know how to play as good as a solo player. “Solo players“ know how to properly los and utilize there own sustain. I personally prefer to go “small scale” groups or even 2vX due to the mass amounts of zergs. Im particularly talking about 12-24 people chasing one person across the whole map.

Why can't someone enjoy all 3 of those play styles? They each offer thier own unique PvP experience.

That's what I do. I play solo, small group and in 24man ball groups depending on my mood and whose online. I have fun with all aspects of cyrodiil pvp.

I’ve seen you around. You’re pretty good too.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What ALOT of ppl are taking out of context is the title of my post as well as my video. I'm not and never will complain about getting zerged down or tbagged or a line of tbags from 25+ people which I have posted before I'm just showing you wonderful ESO players, fans, content creators and trolls just a day in the life of a true solo player. Sometimes I'll pvp for hours at a time and only manage to kill a few people or groups and sometimes I'll be able to 1vX real groups truly organized groups who came into pvp not expecting to go Xv1 vs "God Son" <--my toon name 😉 but I'm just over here having fun even with all the bugs, glitches, exploits, and anything else wrong with the game or things you hate about the game. It's just me solo dolo having s great time just like my brother from a different mother from such a long time ago when he posted THE BEST video of "How a NightBlade thinks" so without further ado please enjoy

https://youtu.be/R1BxRNHVGpk
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah that series of videos was awesome funny.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 8, 2019 12:47AM
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Being solo means being alone. Zerg surfing is all but soloing.
  • JackDaniell
    JackDaniell
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To go and aim to play outnumbered,

Then complain about being outnumbered..

🤔
    Ebonheart Templar

www.youtube.com/user/kristofersommermusic
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw what looked like attacking players that were in a zerg or group. At that point, you really can't complain. I mean if you are 1vXing, isn't that required to get the X part?
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeremy wrote: »

Nothing is more pathetic than watching gangs beat up on lone players

Lawl always the best comments ever. Like the lone player is some innocent bystander.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To go and aim to play outnumbered,

Then complain about being outnumbered..

🤔

Well it’s 1vXing when you win! It’s getting zerged down when you lose!

Apparently, you’re not supposed to fight someone trying to 1vX new players. I asked a streamer I dropped 3 times in three minutes, “why not.” He said it was rude...RUDE? Yeah... I dropped him again. 4 times in 4 minutes. Lol and tbagged him.

I don’t care. If you set foot in Cyro and you’re the wrong color I’m going at you. You can call me what you want; but, you’re gonna do it rezzing out. You stick around to talk, you getting bagged.

You want to 1v1 go to Stormhaven. Have at it. You want to 4v4 do a BG. You want to fight outnumbered, fight outnumbered. Don’t send me ya sad lil hate tell when you end up in the dirt.

You can do what you want in Cyro; but, everybody ain’t playing by these lil made up rules.

Edited by JumpmanLane on December 8, 2019 1:20AM
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm solo 95% of the time and I don't care about getting zerged down. I think the players who complain about getting zerged but have no problem 3v1ing you are hypocrites :smiley:
  • BRogueNZ
    BRogueNZ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you got out lagged for the most part

also have to understand 90% run in such large numbers that the un required 80% jump on anything alive because they're bored and desperate af
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    All I see you "dealing" with, is getting zerged down because you've made yourself into an annoyance. When you're 1v1 or vs a small group you're wrecking people easily.

Let's just stop right there. Zerg sarfing is not solo play. The amount of times ive been hate whispered by people who claim they "are solo players and not with the zerg" after they got "2v1" by me and my buddy is crazy. If you were standing next to 15 other players you weren't solo and you werent Xv1'd lol.

So true.
    CompM4s wrote: »
    People who stick to a “zerg” will not fully know how to play as good as a solo player. “Solo players“ know how to properly los and utilize there own sustain. I personally prefer to go “small scale” groups or even 2vX due to the mass amounts of zergs. Im particularly talking about 12-24 people chasing one person across the whole map.

I agree, with the caveat that if the solo player attacks they’re fair game.

Too many times I see people whine when groups defend themselves. It’s never a question of IF they can take a solo person down, the reason they’re ignored is one person isn’t worth their time.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »
    So — with the exception of the first fight where you hit a terrible lag spike, it looks like you tried (emphasis on tried) to 1vX people who were better than you? 1vX only works on absolute potatoes. If you’re looking for 1v1 just go to the dueling hot spots.

Yep I tried yet most of the people of Xv1ed me have already been 1vXed by me in the video or early on this last week in my other videos. The key point is it's just a lonely lonely road in pvp as a solo player and getting a good 1vX now and then are pretty hard. BUT atleast I still have some wonderful 1v5-1v18 clips especially when they are max levels ;)

I Don't really understand what you want to bring into the light with this clip. if it's the lagspike in the beginning, there are already hundreds of threads on that topic. If it's that you didn't do that well and just "trying" to brag about your 1v5-1v8 clips which aren't in the video, I don't know 🤔

Or do you want to shine the light onto that 1vX don't always work out? Because most people in cyrodiil have killed a solo player trying to 1vX

I think the point he is trying to make is that if you are in a group and you and your buddies kill a solo player and then you Tbag, my friend more than likely you are a potato that cannot kill anyone in a 1v1.

I see this all the time. Those brave t-baggers become great runners when they are by themselves and die quite fast. Potatos...
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So — with the exception of the first fight where you hit a terrible lag spike, it looks like you tried (emphasis on tried) to 1vX people who were better than you? 1vX only works on absolute potatoes. If you’re looking for 1v1 just go to the dueling hot spots.

I saw a top player get 1v3ed the other day. Getting Xed can happen to anyone who gets thirsty enough to forget to play well. The first two dropped as they were potatoes leaving the top dueler to die to a equally skilled player shortly after
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep I tried yet most of the people of Xv1ed me have already been 1vXed by me in the video or early on this last week in my other videos. The key point is it's just a lonely lonely road in pvp as a solo player and getting a good 1vX now and then are pretty hard. BUT atleast I still have some wonderful 1v5-1v18 clips especially when they are max levels ;)

I Don't really understand what you want to bring into the light with this clip. if it's the lagspike in the beginning, there are already hundreds of threads on that topic. If it's that you didn't do that well and just "trying" to brag about your 1v5-1v8 clips which aren't in the video, I don't know 🤔

Or do you want to shine the light onto that 1vX don't always work out? Because most people in cyrodiil have killed a solo player trying to 1vX

Triggered? Leave the thread then lol. Quit just riding this guy if you have nothing constructive to say
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phairdon wrote: »
    My 2 cents worth. Why start discussions about soloing in Cyrodiil, when the alliance war was created for large scale combat. Want to tear my hair out every time the phrase zergling is bandied about. 2 vs 1, its a zerg, 5 vs 4, its a zerg, etc :# Too many ego's when it comes to pvp & cyrodiil. Still remember a former streamer/player who would abuse people in zone chat and put them on ignore before anyone had the chance to reply, after killing the player, because the player was in a group and not roaming solo.

Bro it's ok that you're a zergling. Doesnt have to be a derogatory term. Without zerglings I'd have nothing to do in this game. I dont enjoy 1v1, and I dont enjoy zerging myself. We love you guys, and we get that we only take you down because you're running group play builds. You don't build and play the way that solo players do because it doesnt make sense when you're fighting other organized groups. You gotta have your damage dealers, your healers, your main tanks ect. But any of those 3 are at a severe disadvantage when chasing down a player who can effectively do all 3 for him/herself and can take advantage a confused group not taking them seriously. This is the balance. You give up so much by committing to your one zerg role that you cant maintain without that zerg staying organized. Its and exercise in give and take, and I believe is balanced.

And also you are wrong. This game was made to be versatile. They made it for large scale, small scale, and 1v1 pvp. You can zerg in cyro, smallscale in BGs or cyro, and 1v1 anywhere so no it's not just designed with large scale pvp only in mind, even in Cyro. When you realize how intricate 1v1s are it will throw your large scale pvp only design theory out the window for you. This is an MMO, the solo lifers know it inside and out, and will punish you for your mistakes. Really if you're mad you should experience how frustrating it is to try to X terrible players who have one entirely unkillable super heal tank GOD keeping them alive when they would have all been slapped easily without the broken healtank.
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on December 9, 2019 1:48AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing is more pathetic than watching gangs beat up on lone players

Lawl always the best comments ever. Like the lone player is some innocent bystander.

I don't care if the player is Satan himself. It's still pathetic to watch an entire zerg go after a single player. It's also incredibly lame and not fun... at all.

I'll never understand what players find so enjoyable about massing numbers to go slaughter single players. PvP is a lot more fun when the odds are more fair. The whole point of PvP is to enjoy the added challenge of being up against real life players (instead of predictable AI). Those who just want to run over single players trying to have fun with zergs do not have my sympathies regardless of their so called "guilt" or "innocence".

It's just a game, after all. The object is suppose to have fun. So next time players are bored in Cyrodil and wondering why they can't find any good PvP - remember this thread. Because that is why.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 9, 2019 2:41AM
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »

I think the point he is trying to make is that if you are in a group and you and your buddies kill a solo player and then you Tbag, my friend more than likely you are a potato that cannot kill anyone in a 1v1.

I see this all the time. Those brave t-baggers become great runners when they are by themselves and die quite fast. Potatos...

I agree. It's the t-bagging that makes it especially sad. If a team has to send an entire army just to kill one person... then they ought to be tea-bagging themselves instead.

And if people must resort to swarming lone individuals with entire armies they could at least do so without pretending as if they are accomplishing something worth mocking their opponents for.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 9, 2019 3:42AM
  • Abyssmol
    Abyssmol
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing is more pathetic than watching gangs beat up on lone players and then to see them actually have the nerve to teabag that person as if they did something special. People who gang up on others like that - especially when they chase them down like a pack of wild dogs - ought to be embarrassed it took so many of them to kill a single person, let alone should they be trying to brag about it afterwards.

But to your point, this game's PvP is terrible when the odds are uneven - especially if you are alone against multiple players. It 's just poorly designed for it. Night Blade (and possibly sorceress) are the only two classes who have a reliable escape ability, and even those have to be used quickly before you are focused by multiple players or even those can be risky.

It would be nice if numbers wasn't such a determining factor and players could actually strategically engage superior numbers and then get away before they died (it would make PvP on this game a lot more fun if you could). But sadly that's next to impossible to pull off on this game against competent opponents. In short; solo PvP on this game usually sucks. It's only rarely fun, and that's mostly due to inexperienced opponents or the rare unicorn of a fair fight.

If I were you, I would just grab resources or something when you go to Cyrodil (the PvE fights are actually pretty fun - a lot more fun than trying to go up against superior numbers in PvP). Spare yourself the torture, OP.

Only potatoes do that. Good players when on a group would kill you and move on because they know there's nothing special of a bunch of players killing one person
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abyssmol wrote: »

Only potatoes do that. Good players when on a group would kill you and move on because they know there's nothing special of a bunch of players killing one person

Yeah, not all players do it. A lot of them do though and seem to think they accomplished something of note when they do it.

There were several themes in my post though. While I did aim some derision at zergs who prey on lone individuals, I was also just commenting on the general ineffectiveness of trying to solo in Cyrodil. Keep Walls take forever to destroy alone and I don't recommend it. Outposts are more accessible, but are still usually not worth the effort. Stalking groups (at least in no CP) is also ill-advised, because unless you're a Night Blade or perhaps a sorcerers (and even then it's sketchy) you're just going to die because escape is nearly impossible.

Really the only activity I find worthwhile while solo in Cyrodil is taking resources, which can be mildly effective at slowing reinforcements to the front lines and can even be some fun since the PvE at those is some of the best landscape PvE this game has to offer in my opinion. You can also sometimes get some fair fights at those with other players. But that's about it. Otherwise I find running around as a soloist in Cyrodil to be something more resembling torture than fun.
    Edited by Jeremy on December 9, 2019 4:28AM
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many comments have been shadow banned from this thread.. Better yet, from the forums on a daily basis. Yikes.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I unno, I’m jus a lil Lane; but if you go out looking for X people to kill and you get DROPPED there really ain’t no need to be name calling the people that packed you up.

Should you have won, you’d have been basking in the glory of 1vXing some fools. I say take the good with the bad. Tbag sand all. Nobody owes you a pass because you think you can roll around Cyro all by yourself. If you crying about getting chased, getting bagged. Guess what? You can’t.

Call it what you like. Rez out. There ain’t no rules to this. Lol.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on December 9, 2019 5:10AM
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As an average solo player and occasional zerg-surfer, I join in taking down solo players because a) i feel sorry for the X players being farmed and hope they’ll learn something when I help them finally succeed, and b) that solo player may help fill my kill quest. I’ve learned enough in PvP that I rarely fall to the 1vXer, though they usually can wear me down 1v1 because I just don’t have the skill level they do, so I have to take my wins where I can.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZarkingFrued

Dude, you’re x-ing potatoes get over it. Yeah there’s probably a very small small percentage of people who can 1vX a decent competent group, say 1v4, but try soloing a group of people who “solo”.

So tired of people acting like these are exclusive terms or if you join up with a ball group or a zerg somehow you lose your solo skill.

I have small group of people who typically run solo, but if they hit me up with a whisper “let’s go 3vX some PUGs”. We do. But I’m not going to pretend when I successfully 1vX some scrubs by having them chase me around rocks, or constant LoS, that I’m doing anything amazing. But if you want to pretend that you 1vX groups that are of your caliber and don’t see the logical fallacy of that, then that’s on you. :)
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZarkingFrued

Dude, you’re x-ing potatoes get over it. Yeah there’s probably a very small small percentage of people who can 1vX a decent competent group, say 1v4, but try soloing a group of people who “solo”.

So tired of people acting like these are exclusive terms or if you join up with a ball group or a zerg somehow you lose your solo skill.

I have small group of people who typically run solo, but if they hit me up with a whisper “let’s go 3vX some PUGs”. We do. But I’m not going to pretend when I successfully 1vX some scrubs by having them chase me around rocks, or constant LoS, that I’m doing anything amazing. But if you want to pretend that you 1vX groups that are of your caliber and don’t see the logical fallacy of that, then that’s on you. :)

^This. Absolute gospel.