Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Mount Speed

• Doctor_Demento
    Doctor_Demento
    ✭✭✭
    Did you read my post? They FIXED it. They ALL are "perceived" to be the same speed now. There was a big difference, now there is not. Now they ALL seem to run the same speed, fast. Yes I am aware of the CP skills. I am aware of the Cyrodiil speed boost. I am even aware of the speed buffs you can craft. I have them. I have been gaming online since 1994. I have beta tested 58 games. Including this one. I am very aware of what speed running on foot, mounts, space craft and so on look like. I am very aware of what "perceived" speed is. I minored in psych. I've been in computer for 49 yrs come January. I have 3 certs in programming and am a retired network engineer. So I say there was a difference and now with the patch (now 3 days ago) it fixed the speed difference. They NOW all run at the same fast speed. There is literally no difference now, if you choose to say the "perceived" speed is working now, fine whatever makes you happy. It amuses me how much people argue about the fact the speed did have mostly some minor differences on different mounts. It is common in a LOT of games. LOL
  • Galadius
    Galadius
    ✭✭✭
    OK Terrific!
    You wouldn't worry so much about what other people thought about you, if you knew how little they did. - ??
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Different mounts do feel significantly different, it's interesting how just an animation can give that effect. If I'm feeling impatient and slow I switch to a senche or a wolf. My smallest Bosmer on a wolf feels super fast just because his tiny mount's little legs are going like mad to keep up with the standard speed!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MrGarlic wrote: »
    I've been wanting to test this on various mounts. Here are my results:

Rider - Wood Elf. Mount skills maxed. Wind running passive active (ie: 120CP in Lover) No other speed buffs except as detailed below.

Test track is from Honrich Tower Wayshrine to Riften Wayshrine along the main road. Same route each time. Rapids reapplied at 1 sec duration remaining.

All times in seconds.
    Doom Wolf Mount
    Without Rapids - 102s
    With Rapids - 80s

Sorrel Horse
    Without Rapids - 102s
    With Rapids - 80s

Dwarven Spider
    Without Rapids - 103s
    With Rapids - 80s

Green Narsis Guar
    Without Rapids - 102s
    With Rapids - 80s

Hammerfell Camel.
    Without Rapids - 103s
    With Rapids - 80s

Nix-Ox War Steed
    Without Rapids - 103s
    With Rapids - 80s

Leopard Senche
    Without Rapids - 103s
    With Rapids - 80s

(Margin for error +/- 1s)

Conclusion:

All mounts have the same speed.

Thank you for this. Mounts closer to the ground such as the senche will appear faster as Katahdin pointed out above but it is actual testing as you have provided that shows speculation that mounts have different speeds is just that, speculation.
  • notvenousdrake
    notvenousdrake
    ✭✭✭
    Rip juice wrld 😭