The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I cannot get past Fort Virak

Sandy_bar
Sandy_bar
Soul Shriven
I am looking for Muz-Shah and am supposed to go through Fort Virak, I have gone way back to make sure ive not missed a quest, but still cannot get through Fort Virak, I have spoken with Sgt. Gorring, etc, and ive helped out at Viveks Antlers, then gone to the Fort, but I still cannot get into the Fort, nor even go around it, what map would I used to come in from another direction? or is this a quest that cant be finished, so frustrating, he is the only guy I have to get to, from Missing Prophecy.
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your post is difficult to read.

Are you on the quest, Missing Prophecy?

And you are looking for Muz-Shah?

If so, the map will make it appear as if you need to go through Fort Virak, but you actually cannot. It is a quest area, and not an actual transit point to another map.

Muz-Shah is in The Rift.
  • davey1107
    davey1107
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know what you're talking about because I had huge issues with that too, but it was like three years ago, lol.

Fort Virak does not open for walking through until you complete the multi-leg quest that clears that area (the Fort icon would go from black to white if you had). To pick up the Fort quest you need to have done the previous 3-4 multi-leg Stonefalls faction quests. The quest won't spawn if you haven't done all of them, they are sequential.

The NPC you want is in a delve in The Rift. It's a totally unrelated quest to the Fort. Your character maybe has never opened any Rift way shrines, so the game is pointing you through the only route it sees.

You don't need to clear the Fort to get into The Rift any more. I think the caravan will take you there from your capitol city. But a MUCH easier way is to belong to a guild and use your guilds for transport. You can fast travel to any online guildie by going into social...guilds...roster and then selecting an online (green icon) member and choosing 'travel to'. The game doesn't notify them or anything...it just sends you to the wayshrine closest to them, which will then be permanently open for you.

If you don't have a guild or can't find a member in Rift/Eastmarch, put out a zone chat asking for a group transport to the zone. Once you get into the rift the system should then be able to point you to Faldar's Tooth, the delve you need.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @davey1107 is right.

You have to complete most of the Stonefalls main zone questline for access through the door.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 12, 2018 1:44AM
  • pgorbas_ESO
    pgorbas_ESO
    ✭✭
    This is a really annoying "feature" or BUG of the game. This is the only land route from Stonefall North into The Rift.
    There should be a mountain trail or a cave system that doesn't require going through the fort to travel on northward.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a really annoying "feature" or BUG of the game. This is the only land route from Stonefall North into The Rift.
    There should be a mountain trail or a cave system that doesn't require going through the fort to travel on northward.

Aside from the thread necro from 2018, there's a really good reason to have very limited access to the Rift from Stonefalls: its all out of order.

Stonefalls is the first full size Pact zone. The Rift is the fifth full size Pact zone, and the land route up from Stonefalls actually takes you to the end of the Rift's questlines.

Back before One Tamriel, my SO wound up traveling that way, only to run into level 40 skeletons on their level 15 nightblade. Bad things ensued. Post One Tamriel, we've had at least one semi-recent thread where the poster recounted their confusion upon reaching the end of the Rift and doing its questline backwards, chronologically.

There's also the usual solution of asking zone for transport help or port to a guildmates. Alternatively, you can simply take the Pact Navigator Falvis Raram to Riften.
  • pgorbas_ESO
    pgorbas_ESO
    ✭✭

There is a boat from Davon’s Watch that goes to "The Rift".
    From there you can travel by road to Eastmarch.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am I missing something? you can go past Fort Virak before doing the relative quest, here is the way:

PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It’s pretty simple, @pgorbas_ESO ... either complete the questline or port to another wayshrine in the Rift.

If ZOS catered to every request for a border “portal” to accommodate player convenience, there would be no time to develop new content or for REAL bug fixes.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on December 3, 2019 10:01PM
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You can get to the Rift without going through the fort.

Go through the enemy camp, follow the stream/water to behind the fort. Climb up the hill, and get back on the road on the other side of the fort. Follow the road uphill. You'll be in the Rift, with a few sabercats and, maybe, some undead to welcome you.

My very first character in early release found this out; she was level 10, and was greeted by the level 40 something sabercats..... She set a new "sprinting in heavy armor" record back down the road to Stonefalls.
    Edited by JKorr on December 4, 2019 3:17PM
  • pgorbas_ESO
    pgorbas_ESO
    ✭✭

It’s pretty simple, @pgorbas_ESO ... either complete the questline or port to another wayshrine in the Rift.

If ZOS catered to every request for a border “portal” to accommodate player convenience, there would be no time to develop new content or for REAL bug fixes.

I had no wayshrines in The Rift. So I thought my only option was to "ride" in. Then I found I could take a ship in.
  • Sandy_bar
    Sandy_bar
    Soul Shriven
    I actually found that I had to go back to where the Coral Heart quest was and began again from there, before you go into Fort Virak go to the left of the Fort, and you will find how to get in. Thanks for all the input :)
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just walk around the fort on the east side and into the rift ...
    :smile:
  • Sandy_bar
    Sandy_bar
    Soul Shriven
    thanks heaps, I am so far past this quest now...……. im level 730 … but ty again