The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Mag Sorc DPS setup & abilities

walidd24nrb18_ESO
walidd24nrb18_ESO
✭✭✭
Greetings,

I am currently playing mag sorc as a high elf with Perfected false god yellow all divines and MS jewelry yellow all Bloodthirsty trait along with infused inferno MS staff with fire glyph and another MS staff on backbar with absorb mag enchantment (dont have vMA staff yet and currently at 400cp using shadow mundus)

I am looking to optimize my DPS in anyway, I haven't tried Siroria but since the 5 piece bonus is so unreliable i'd rather use PFG since it's flat bonuses and gives me pretty good sustain. I am currently hitting around 51k DPS on trial dummy atro with said abilities on frontbar: 1. crystal frags. 2. inner light(from mages guild for crit and extra mag) 3.bound aegies. 4.summon volatile familiar. 5. elemental weapon

Backbar: 1. channeled acceleration. 2. elemental wall. 3. haunting curse 4. pet. 5. degeneration

With this in mind is there anything i can do to optimize my DPS without using dummy sets like siroria? I mean like changing out some abilities etc. Keep in mind this is mainly for trials, for dungeons i mostly change my PFG out with BSW

Thanks in advance !
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volatile Familiar is garbage. Better off running the Matriarch/Tormentor instead.

I'm assuming you are running Unstable Wall.

You may want to swap Haunting Curse with Daedric Prey, but I found very little difference between the two.

Rotation is more important at this point than abilities. Your bar set-up is pretty much what most petsorcs are using already.
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • BeamsForDemacia
    BeamsForDemacia
    ✭✭✭
    didnt Play magsorc recently but is Lightning Flood/ liquid lighting backbar not a strong dot? and also for synergy
    IR/GH/TTT/GS [MEDUSA]
  • T3hasiangod
    T3hasiangod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    didnt Play magsorc recently but is Lightning Flood/ liquid lighting backbar not a strong dot? and also for synergy

It got nerfed hard in Dragonhold. Not worth running anymore on magsorc. If you want the synergy, bring the sorc as a healer, not a DPS.
    PC/NA - Mayflower, Hellfire Dominion

Dro-m'Athra Destroyer - Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor - Voice of Reason - Gryphon Heart - The Unchained - Extinguisher of Flames

Tank - Healer - DPS (all classes, all specs)

Youtube - Twitch
  • BeamsForDemacia
    BeamsForDemacia
    ✭✭✭
    ah k
    IR/GH/TTT/GS [MEDUSA]
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d definitely recommend the Twilight Tormentor over the Familar. It does better single target DPS, is ranged (no travel time running between enemies), won’t stun things and anger your tank, and never has to be activated so you can fit more spammables in the rotation. You should also swap to Daedric Prey and move it to front bar. The damage gain is minimal, but the convenience of Prey designating a pet target is massive if you’re not heavy attacking (which you should not be for max DPS).

For back bar, ditch Entropy and replace it with Mystic Orb. It’s about the same DPS against a single target, but way more splash and AoE damage. I’m also not a fan of Channeled Accel for any fight longer than 36s. The cast time is just too slow. Barbed Trap is a better option in most fights, and since it costs stam it helps your sustain.

For any melee fight you can also use Boundless Storm as a short-range AoE DoT. It’s not great, but it’s long duration, cheap to cast, and better than the pathetic skill Liquid Lightning has become.

Replace the Absorb Mag enchant back bar with an Infused Berserker. This will give over 600 Spell Damage once you have buffs (Major and Minor Sorcery) with 100% uptime just from using Wall. If you need more sustain I’d recommend Grundwulf or Breton.

There’s no reason to use BSW IMO. PFG is the same damage with much more sustain. Siroria is best, and I wouldn’t call it a dummy set, but is much more difficult to use in most trial fights. And work on vMA, the staff is important for getting the most out of any Magicka DPS build. The first run will be long and painful, but there are plenty of guides to help you through it, and subsequent runs are easy.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on December 2, 2019 4:03PM
  • BeamsForDemacia
    BeamsForDemacia
    ✭✭✭
    he is using pfg and ms
    IR/GH/TTT/GS [MEDUSA]
  • walidd24nrb18_ESO
    walidd24nrb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for your input !
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon