The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Would you be against having the Vampire feeding mechanic to do damage while we’re feeding on an NPC?

Katrk
Katrk
✭✭✭
So I just recently got done using it. It’s probably the single most brutal skill in the entire game. From what I’m seeing we’re siphoning a lot of blood from the victim and it looks like it hurts a lot. I personally think it could be really fun for stealth characters to do use this as a surprise attack that not only reduces or vampire stage but looks pretty awesome when we kill some hostile enemy. Thoughts?
Edited by Katrk on December 6, 2019 3:46AM

Would you be against having the Vampire feeding mechanic to do damage while we’re feeding on an NPC? 15 votes

Yes
33%
InaMoonlightWhite wabbitStarlockzvavicaperb 5 votes
No
53%
DjennkuEdziuBobby_V_RockitArdan147OpalblademacsmoothGrianasteriJack_TheImpaler 8 votes
Other
13%
markusloveFTMbuttaface 2 votes
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I'd like it damaging, but NOT reducing the vampire hunger, mostly because I rely heavily on the passive bonuses we pay so heavily for at max hunger stage ;)
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Djennku
    Djennku
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    DOOO ITTTTT! Sounds like it would be a really fun mechanic. I'd have it scale with your highest offensive stats so stam characters can utilize something like that too, as it's literally ripping open a hole in the victim's neck.
    @Djennku, PCNA.

Grand Master crafter, all styles and all furnishing plans known pre U41.
    Vamp and WW bites available for players.
    Shoot me an in-game mail if you need anything, happy to help!
  • buttaface
    buttaface
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    There's really no reason it shouldn't kill regular mob targets outright just like Blade of Woe. Maybe reduce the exp. if it worked that way.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Honestly, the way it's animated the NPC should be dead after loosing that much blood. So if by "do damage" you mean "do a lethal amount of damage" then yes.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This would be awesome but I’d still rather a savage bite on the neck like in Skyrim for feeding
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Worst animation in game.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Katrk wrote: »
    So I just recently got done using it. It’s probably the single most brutal skill in the entire game. From what I’m seeing we’re siphoning a lot of blood from the victim and it looks like it hurts a lot. I personally think it could be really fun for stealth characters to do use this as a surprise attack that not only reduces or vampire stage but looks pretty awesome when we kill some hostile enemy. Thoughts?

I suspect your question is confusing and leading to warped poll results.

"Would you be against"...

I suspect many are clicking yes, as in yes they would like the feeding to do damage. I also suspect many are reading the question properly and clicking no, as in no I am not against the feeding doing damage.